How to Root - Kindle Fire 6.3 & 6.3.1
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 30, 2012
In this video I will show you how to root your kindle fire that is running software version 6.3.
there seems to be an issue with the kindle fire utility not installing the superuser app which will finish giving you root. So what you can do to remedy this is once you have the twrp recovery, you can flash this stock rooted version of 6.3 (THIS WILL WIPE ALL UR DATA)
OR you can just download this superuser.apk, and sideload it onto your kindle fire (I have a video for sideloading if you dont know how, your data will NOT be wiped)
If your adb status says offline, try making a new user account on your computer, then log into that account and go through the video while on the new account. This helps with driver / software compatibility problems.
If you kindle fire gets stuck at the yellow triangle or the kindle fire logo and does not boot up normally, one of the following will fix it.
1. open kindle fire utility, change the bootmode to normal
2. google and download the kindle fire unbrick tool and use that
If neither of the above work, its because you need to reinstall the driver for the kindle. Open device manager, find the kindle fire, and manually install the driver, or you can try using the install driver bat from the kindle fire utility.
(In the video below, I explain how to reinstall the driver)
0. DO NOT HAVE UR KINDLE PLUGGED IN TO COMPUTER!
1. download the kindle fire utility, newest release from
2. extract the zip package to wherever you'd like
3. open kindle fire utility extracted folder, double-click the "install_drivers.bat" and go through the prompts
(if you get a language error, and any other type of error, follow the link below to my older rooting video for instructions on how to install the driver manually)
4. NOW, plug ur kindle into your computer
5. launch the "run.bat" file located inside the kindle fire utility folder
6. it should say "adb status: online"
(if it says offline, try rebooting computer and kindle and running utility again. If still says offline, go to device manager, expand android phone, and right click adb interface device and select uninstall (CHECK THE BOX THAT SAYS DELETE DRIVER FILES). then reboot computer, and follow along with my video below to install the driver manually. If still says offline, try on another computer)
7. press 2 for the option "Install Permanent Root with Superuser", then press enter
8. Let it finish, and you should have full root
//OTHER KINDLE FIRE VIDEOS
how to sideload apps (no root required)
how to root software version 6.2.1
how to root software version 6.2.2
how to root software version 6.3
how to install android market
how to flash twrp custom recovery
how to install custom rom (cm7)
how to flash miui rom
how to install thumb keyboard
how to resize internal storage
Standard YouTube License
- 10:03 How to Root - Kindle Fire (6.2.1 & 6.2.2 Read Video Desc)by nat3mil205,107 views
- 6:12 How to Root - Kindle Fire 6.2.2 BurritoRoot3by nat3mil103,367 views
- 7:55 How to Install Android Market - Rooted Kindle Fire (No ADB, V2)by nat3mil171,046 views
- 9:23 How to Resize Internal Storage - Kindle Fireby nat3mil16,742 views
- 11:55 How to install CM10.1 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on the Kindle Fireby Tomsgt12341,318 views
- 13:05 How to Install ADB for Android in Windowsby reverendkjr98,179 views
- 11:42 Idiots Guide to Root the Amazon Kindle Fire & Install the Google Marketby reverendkjr119,707 views
- 8:51 How to install KFU v0.9.6 & TWRP Recovery on the Kindle fireby Tomsgt12324,152 views
- 7:31 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Kindle Fire Review and How Toby The eBook Reader57,805 views
- 10:22 How to Root Kindle Fire Tutorialby Jeff Benjamin162,953 views
- 6:58 Kindle Fire Tips & Tricksby The eBook Reader136,196 views
- 14:12 Kindle Fire - Full Walkthroughby tysiphonehelp207,109 views
- 4:53 Amazon Kindle Fire with Android 4.1 Jelly Beanby Liliputing98,500 views
- 6:51 Kindle Fire: Getting FREE Appsby H2TechVideos124,094 views
- 5:07 How To Install Windows 8 Developer Preview In A Virtual Machine For Freeby Jailbreak iOS 7.0.3 - iCrackUriDevice65,123 views
- 7:24 How to Repair an Amazon Kindle 3by Powerbook Medic159,235 views
- 11:22 como hacer root cualquier androidby LogicTutos102,240 views
- 27:45 Kindle Fire Charging Port Replacement Full Process (Nothing Left Out)by iRepairFast5,963 views
- 8:04 How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat ROM on Galaxy S2!by galaxys2root23,094 views
- 22:29 HOW TO | Install Google Play on Kindle Fire HDby Gareth Evans6,566 views
- Loading more suggestions...