RC Radio Controlled Night flyer airplane LED flight Light ufo sccmas
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 1, 2009
This Radio Controlled airplane is a scratch built 1936 Lanzo Record Breaker with an eight foot wing span. It is about 12 years old & has seen many configurations from gas powered tow plane, camera ship, autonomous test platform, to video transmitting search plane. In its current configuration, it is a Night Nite flying rc airplane with 30 meters of LED lights.
(I know I said 6 meter in the video, but I was nervous)
Thats a total of one thousand eight hundred individual led lights The motor is a Hacker B-50 L-13 with gearbox, prop is 20X10, thats a 20 inch diameter, with a Castle Creations 80 AMP speed control and a six cell 5000 Mah Thunder Power Extreme V2 li-po motor battery.
The LED are powered by three separate 3 cell 2100 Mah li-po batteries. The ship was flown at the SCCMAS facility in Morgan Hill, California by Walter Colby. Don't complain about the camera work I found the camera guy in the home depot parking lot. wcolby HD www.sccmas.org
The LEDs draw approximately 1.2 amps for every 5 meters at 11.1Volts.
I have 5 meters of red & 5 meters of green in the wing run by a single 2100 Mah 3 cell lithium polymer battery.
I have 5 meters of blue on the tail & 5 meters of white on the sides of the fuselage run by another 2100 Mah 3 cell lithium polymer battery pack.
And finally there is 10 meters of white LED on the bottom of the fuselage run by a third 2100 Mah 3 cell lithium polymer battery.
I am not an electrician but the lights run for about 50 minutes, the part I appreciate is that when one battery dies the others continue to operate.
The airplane motor & servo control is powered by a 6 cell 5000 mah battery that should fly the plane for about 45 minutes.
This was the first flight for this configuration so the flight was made after sunset,.this aircraft is a night flyer but no claim is made that it is flying in the dark. granted it is not pitch black sky , that is not my fault, if you feel cheated, that's not my fault either.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:06 Flying My FIRST rc plane!!! - Beginner's Guide Part 3 by Nuttcazeby nitroplanes Featured 239,436
- HobbyKing Live 1,211 videos66K
- 9:07 Giant B-52 model airplane flightby madogvelkor1,836,941 views
- 10:01 RC P-47 airplane in flight video Ugly Stick crash at SCCMAS Morgan Hillby wcolby363,917 views
- 8:16 SUPER ADVANCED RC JET (MUST SEE!!!)by RCSuperPowers3,680,258 views
- 6:01 19 ft. B-17 "Flying Fortress" (Aluminum Overcast)by RCScaleAirplanes1,121,471 views
- 4:38 Rc plane powered by a 31cc Ryobi Weedeater engineby Lyle Arbuckle363,966 views
- 9:59 Jet World Masters 2011 SR 71by Tooommmek4,739,721 views
- 4:39 Beginner RC Airplane!by RCSuperPowers794,790 views
- 3:17 500 LED Extreme flashlightby ledcreations13,419,359 views
- 4:39 Very Unusual Planes 2by Evs592,016,918 views
- 2:56 A huge Concorde RC plane powered by two turbines.by Klaus Enser1,904,621 views
- 7:35 Kamps KJ-66 RC Model Turbineby chrisnjillian7,165,913 views
- 16 videos Play all RC plane crashby ironhorse1356
- 0:37 RC F4U corsair crash, a beautiful landing turns into a hideous wreck at sccmasby wcolby1,178,607 views
- 5:07 Worlds Largest Model RC Planeby Truchaman7312,664,633 views
- 1:52 90'' RC P-38 lightning crashby Flyboy2581,537,984 views
- 15:01 HOW TO FLY AN RC PLANEby Rcflyyer140,057 views
- 12:37 learn to fly rc 4 channel planes basic flight info how to fly radio control airplaneby Hacker8675309 Hackstyle Videos57,477 views
- 8:29 RC HELICOPTER STUNTS & CRASHED!by RCSuperPowers5,398,376 views