Proof That Han Shot First!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 10, 2012
Check out the evidence yourself here http://bit.ly/y80lkp
http://bit.ly/clevvermovies - Click to Subscribe!
http://Facebook.com/ClevverMovies - Become a Fan!
http://Twitter.com/ClevverMovies - Follow Us!
If you were one of the many who thought that Han shot first...well, George Lucas thinks you may have been confused.
Hey movie buffs, Tatiana Carrier here for Clevver Movies. And the internet is a buzz with some Star Wars controversy. With the release of Star Wars Episode 1 being re-released today in 3D, George Lucas is out and about doing interviews promoting the movie. Which takes us to The Hollywood Reporter where he, for the first time, directly comments on the "who shot first" debacle.
Here's a very quick recap if you're new to this game. In the 1977 version, it looked like Han shot Greedo first in the cantina. Then in the 1997 special edition re-release, Lucas made it that Greedo shot first and Han retaliated. This has been a huge controversy since then. And now Lucas is saying that he actually cleared up the "confusion" in the special edition version. That's right folks. We were confused. We apparently WANTED Han Solo to be a cold blood killer. But Lucas is very clear in saying that that is not who he is. Now I respect this. He's said that this is what happened. Part of me feels like we should believe him....BUT...I went back to the original footage, and something feels fishy.
Here are some things that are worth noting from the original scene that doesn't back up what Lucas is now saying. First of all. It is safe to say that George Lucas was an amazing film maker. So when you break down the shots from the cantina scene they cut to Han's blaster not once BUT TWICE. Building up the tension, of how Han will act in this situation. Never once do we see a close up of Greedo's gun at the table, nothing to build the fear of if Greedo will actually fire. The shot even comes RIGHT after a witty line from Han Solo. All signs point towards Han taking the first shot based solely on the way it was shot. Secondly, in the original version, you don't actually see a shot fired. You hear a blast and when the smoke clears, Greedo drops dead. The key there was that you heard ONE BLAST. If Greedo shot first, you'd hear two shots. One from him, then from Han retaliating. Just like in the 1997 special edition.
So again, based on the original footage that George Lucas is saying that I'm confused about, it's REALLY hard to believe that Greedo shot first. Honestly, it just seems like him back peddling, and trying to end all fans complaining about it. But then again...he did create all of this. Maybe we should just believe him without any question and except whatever he says. So how do you guys feel about this? Are you behind Lucas on this or do you still believe that Han shot first? Let us know in the comments below and don't forget to subscribe. You can also stay in touch with us by liking our facebook fan page at facebook dot com slash clevvermovies. I'm Tatiana Carrier and you're watching Clevver Movies.
Standard YouTube License
- 16:37 Adam Savage's One Day Builds: Han Solo's DL-44 Blasterby Tested Featured 533,047
- 2:17 The Avengers Spider-Man Cameoby Clevver Movies1,000,330 views
- 1:15 Tom Hardy Addresses Bane Voice Issueby Clevver Movies174,207 views
- 5:05 Kick Ass Women of 2012: The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises & Moreby Clevver Movies35,787 views
- 1:45 Stallone & Schwarzenegger Reuniting For 'The Tomb'by Clevver Movies1,931,881 views
- 5:57 Star Wars Changes - Part 1 - Episode IV A New Hopeby HelloGreedo703,636 views
- PewDiePie 1,576 videos16M
- 5:04 Star Wars Episode VII Cast CONFIRMED with New Han Solo Characterby Emergency Awesome101,882 views
- 7:52 Star Wars Changes - Part 2 - Episode V The Empire Strikes Backby HelloGreedo1,018,136 views
- 19 videos Play all Han Solo Shot Firstby IDidntInhale
- 4:48 Why Hipster Bands Shouldn't Be Allowed to Use YouTube | Does Not Computeby Cracked41,376 views
- 3:35 Star Wars continuity mistakesby ashfan121,553,446 views
- 3:18 Meeting Obama Made John Krasinski & Emily Blunt Lose Their Minds - CONAN on TBSby Team Coco644,937 views
- 4:39 Star Wars IV 1977 vs 1997 vs 2004 comparacionby Alejandro López577,849 views
- 2:45 Star Wars: The Bounty Hunters Unmaskedby WatchMojo.com88,810 views
- 7:27 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4,0 Marco Seefried Nordschleife 7,22 in traffic.aviby Андрей Степанов18,745 views
- 4:52 How Return Of The Jedi Should Have Endedby HISHEdotcom6,228,119 views
- 4:17 25 great indiana jones quotesby PonAdidas370,236 views
- 3:16 SEXY Women and FAST Cars!!by High Tech Corvette3,629,035 views
- 1:21 Big Bang Theory: Raj's American accentby mickael9701102,089 views