3-Alarm Apartment Building Fire at 5312 85th Avenue New Carrolton
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Nov 26, 2012
Prince George's County Firefighters battled a New Carrolton apartment building fire this afternoon that escalated to 3 Alarms of personnel and apparatus.
At around 1:00 pm, Monday, numerous 911 calls were received reporting an apartment fire at 5312 85th Avenue in the Sutton Walk apartment complex. This is a garden style apartment building with 3 stories in the front and 4 stories in the rear of the building.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy fire showing from the top two floors. It appears all civilians had evacuated safely prior to the fire department arrival. The fire extended into the attic area where firefighters were successful in stopping the extension into adjoining apartment buildings. A 2nd Alarm was sounded bringing additional Fire/EMS units and personnel to the scene to assist in battling the fire. It required fifty firefighters 30 minutes to knock down the bulk of the fire. A precautionary 3rd Alarm was sounded and staged nearby in the event they were needed.
Two firefighters sustained a minor burn injuries and were transported to the Burn Unit at Medstar Washington Hospital Center where it is expected both will be treated and released.
The cause of the fire has been ruled "accidental" and attributed to a malfunctioning natural gas stove in a 2nd floor apartment. Fire loss is estimated at $750,000. There are a total of 43 apartments that may be affected by the fire and a lack of utilities. A minimum of 11 apartments in the building of origin will be uninhabitable from fire, heat, smoke and water damage. Two attached buildings may also suffer displacement due to a lack of utilities. The County Citizen Services Unit is on the scene working with apartment complex management in providing assistance to the displaced residents.
Standard YouTube License
- 13:20 2nd Alarm Fire; Mineral Springs Hotel & Bar, Forks Township PA | 10.22.13by newsworking10,971 views
- 26:38 North Arlington,nj Fire Department Multiple Alarm Fireby homer21813,837 views
- 11:06 ShapPhoto Massive Chicago 4 11 Alarm fire 11-15-13by ShapPhoto14,553 views
- 44:33 FDNY RESPONSE TO A 2 ALARM FIRE ON W. 83RD ST. & WEST END AVE. ON WEST SIDE OF MANHATTAN.by THEMAJESTIRIUM14,347 views
- 16:27 Two Alarm Fire Damages Five Homes Graham WA RAW Footageby Matthew Washam17,979 views
- 25:07 Boston 8 Alarm Fire 12/3/13 With Fire Radio Audioby alertpage10,334 views
- 14:52 Ripping Two Story House Fire (with radio traffic), Report of Two Victims Trappedby High Def Helmet244,788 views
- 12:26 Ulster Rd. House Fire 4/11/11 (PGFD)by dstacy9471,921 views
- 8:07 DCFD at work in DuPont Circleby swankyswigs21469 views
- 6:04 Working Garage Fire- Stockton, CAby bereal2us24,906 views
- 20:51 ADT Fire Alarm Systems 1958 - When Every Minute Counts in a Fire Emergencyby Bel99TV1,305 views
- 3:09:08 ♥♥ The Best Fireplace Video (3 hours long)by MoneySavingVideos1,734,031 views
- 15:46 BIG FIRE, HEAVY FIRE IN WAREHOUSE, RC FIRE TRUCK, RC FIRE ENGINE, RC LADDER,Großbrandby modellkran11,368,542 views
- 13:05 The Dakota Fire Hole (How to make one and why I love it)by David's Passage235,975 views
- 11:49 PFVFD - Williams Wharf Road House Fire 11-14-12by racinjason882,231 views
- 7:23 Structure Fire 1 13 13 approvalby pyrofighting10602 views
- 1:14 Marlborough Rescue 1 and Tower 1 respondingby CMassfirebuff1,615 views
- 6:57 Colonial Park Fire- Stretchinby colonialparkfire1,675 views
- 2:34 Queens 4 alarm 11 12 2013by firelinevideo14,636 views
- 9:51 08.08.10 - 2nd Alarm; Allentown PAby newsworking1,771 views
- Loading more suggestions...