Earthquake Proof Table DOtY 2012.mp4
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 7, 2012
At any given time, more than 300,000,000 pupils worldwide are facing impending
danger since their schools are not built to withstand an earthquake. Of special
concern are areas along geological rift lines and children in developing countries,
where construction quality can be poor.
While it is common to instruct pupils to crawl under tables in case of an earthquake,
existing non earthquake designated classroom tables often turn into lethal traps
for those taking refuge.
The "Earthquake-Proof Table" is designed for a range of building types and collapse
scenarios. It provides a comprehensive solution by creating both covering protection
and passageways for rescue team accessibility.
To date, the patent pending design has successfully withstood a series of rigorous
vertical impact tests and is currently awaiting official approval of the world leading
Structural Engineering department of Padua University, Italy.
In addition to various weight and ceiling collapse patterns, the Earthquake-Proof
Table addresses the financial limitations of the schools that need it through
economical, yet responsible production methods and inexpensive materials.
Designed according to sound ergonomic principles, the Earthquake table is light
enough for two children to lift and move, as well as adapted to classroom cleaning
and other routine, non-emergency needs.
The table was initiated as a final project at the Industrial Design department at
the "Bezalel Academy of Art and Design" in Jerusalem, Israel. The table was
designed by (then) student Arthur Brutter under guidance of Senior Lecturer Ido
Bruno. After completion of Arthur's studies, and upon his request, the project
became a joint venture of Arthur, Ido, and Bezalel labs R&D.
The table is currently licensed for manufacture and distribution in Israel by "A.D.
Meraz industries Ltd." a school furniture manufacturer.
Product design and development: Arthur Brutter and Ido Bruno
Bezalel Academy Labs for R&D
firstname.lastname@example.org + 972 3 681 7152
A.D miraz industries l.t.d
Standard YouTube License
- 9:24 OBAMA BANNED THIS VIDEO - GEE, I WONDER WHY!.flvby Lea11011's channelFeatured 7,787,335
- 11:00 SOUND of HAARP WEAPON IN ACTION !!! SCARY Lights & Noise!! 2011by HAARP IN ACTION 1,741,373 views
- 7:48 The scariest video you have ever watched in the name of scienceby Shukhrat Bek 11,952,328 views
- 4:49 US - Scientists Predict Next Mega Earthquake - Massive Destruction !!by * 2012 * NEWS * CONSPIRACIES ⓈⓊⒷ ⒽⒺⓇⒺ ➪ 29,817 views
- 1:43 "Earthquake Proof Table" Padua Tests January 2012by mitomod 59,046 views
- 14:45 JAPAN - The Earthquake - 15 Minutes Live-Camby Kanal von zSpaceTV 1,221,658 views
- 0:41 Earthquake Melbourne June 2012 - Nate Laurensby NateLaurens 123,308 views
- 4:58 Narita Airport Earthquake - 03 2011by charles910's channel 199,178 views
- 6:28 World's Largest Earthquake Testby strongtie 44,916 views
- 4:19 REALLY BIG MACHINES -- FAK #14by Vsauce2 1,131,921 views
- 1:14 LEGO BUILDERS OF SOUND - MAKING OFby darth yodawan 118,135 views
- 2:07 CBD Earthquake Testingby CurvedbyDesignTV 48,824 views
- 0:43 Incredible Insect Discovered In New Zealand 2011by Alien Disclosure Group UK 3,626,562 views
- 12:04 The LONGEST time - Numberphileby Numberphile 340,607 views
- 6:06 Burj Khalifa (Burj Dubai) Construction - Animation - U.A.E.by KurdishStudent 1,373,475 views
- 3:53 Future MONEY HAND -- Mind Blow #44by Vsauce2 1,201,421 views
- 0:42 Earthquake Protector: Shake Table Crash Testingby vshustov 123,865 views
- 10:51 Earthquake Resistant Structures vs. Shake Tableby ovmstube 3,635 views
- 5:20 FRENCH KISS A ROBOT! Mind Blow #16by Vsauce 1,706,377 views
- 3:31 Quake-Proof Bridgeby NationalGeographic 108,696 views
- Loading more suggestions...