Uploaded on May 31, 2008
some will said: "Israel has nuclear weapons. So Iran is entitled to have them too...."
and this is my response to you:
*Who threatens to destroy whom?
• Iran and Israel are not in equivalent situations
• Israel does not challenge the right to exist of Iran , or any other country
• By contrast, Iran denies the right to exist of Israel and its leaders openly call for Israel to be "wiped off the map"
• Israel requires nuclear arms as a last-resort deterrent against Iran and others who proclaim their wish to destroy it and who acquire and use either massive conventional armouries or weapons of mass destruction
*The ideology of their countries' leaders
• Iran 's leaders make open genocidal statements advocating mass destruction
• Israel 's leaders are silent about their nuclear capability. Leading Israeli advisers speak in cautious and low key terms about it
*The position of the international community
• The international community accepts Israel 's nuclear capability as a strategic reality
• Iran 's nuclear ambitions are strongly opposed by the UN Security Council and by almost the entire international community
*Nuclear weapons and national prestige
• Iran claims the right to make nuclear weapons as a matter of national prestige and Muslim honour.
• Israel makes no equivalent claim to this
Standard YouTube License