Arctic Monkeys - 'Fluorescent Adolescent' (2007)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 6, 2007
Great new video from Sheffield's finest!
Enjoy the clowns!
Domino Records Providing ear comfort since 1993...
Check out Domino Records online:
Domino Recording Company, an independent record label since 1993, is home to artists such as Arctic Monkeys, Animal Collective, Franz Ferdinand, The Kills, Anna Calvi, Four Tet, Real Estate, Dirty Projectors, Wild Beasts, Francois & The Atlas Mountains, Clinic, About Group, Robert Wyatt, Owen Pallett, Cass McCombs, Villagers, Blood Orange, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Eugene McGuinness, Sons & Daughters, Stephen Malkmus, King Creosote, Twin Sister, The Count & Sinden, The Last Shadow Puppets, Max Tundra and more.
Approaching 20 years since its inception, Domino Recording Company is now established as one of the UK's leading independents. Launched by Laurence Bell on the back of a £40 a week enterprise allowance scheme and sticking throughout to a commendable set of principles, Domino has long championed and nurtured the outsider whilst enjoying both critical and commercial success.
Fifteen years since its inception Domino Recording Company is now established as one of the UK's leading independents. Launched by Laurence Bell on the back of a £40 a week enterprise allowance scheme and sticking throughout to a commendable set of principles, Domino has long championed and nurtured the outsider whilst enjoying both critical and commercial success.
From the off the label became a home for the most idiosyncratic of artists, led by Sebadoh and keenly followed by Royal Trux and Palace Music. In Domino these artists recognised a label that could understand and work with their vision.
Despite racking up classic album after classic album by Palace, Smog, Elliot Smith and Pavement however, Domino remained firmly entrenched in the American music scene. But with British music enjoying a creative resurgence in the late '90's. Domino was set to enter a new phase. ''That was what we always hoped would happen'' says Bell, ''it just took longer than we thought and maybe for while we got stuck in our own bubble. But around 1997-98, we began to realise that the sort of bands we wanted to sign did exist in Britain and the fact that they liked the records we'd put out might encourage them to throw in their lot with us''.
And so they did with UK artists The Kills, Clinic, Four Tet, singer songwriter James Yorkston and Archie Bronson Outfit joining the Domino stable and releasing seminal and critically acclaimed records. But it was in 2003 that the label hit pay dirt with Franz Ferdinand - the standard bearers of a new art-rock movement - and Domino found themselves thrust into the spotlight. 'Take Me Out', Franz Ferdinand's second single, captured the mood of a nation and became a worldwide hit for the label.
In 2007 the Arctic Monkeys effortlessly followed up their debut with 'Favourite Worst Nightmare' a record bristling with confidence and swaggering intelligence. The year drew to a close with the band sharing space at the top of the end of year polls with Robert Wyatt, one of the label's latest signing. Wyatt's 'Comicopera' was a tour de force of his singular vision and effortlessly gave notice of how Domino is now placed to connect music of all generations with its rightful audience hungry for the real thing.
The future of Domino is always balanced between allowing existing artists freedom of expression and discovery of the new. Lightspeed Champion, Yo Majesty! and The Count & Sinden are all recent additions to the label's release schedule ensuring it remains innovative, idiosyncratic and as distinctively Domino as ever.
arctic monkeys brianstorm favourite worst nightmare domino records 2007 original see ya later elavator guitar rock drums vocal pior pesadelo favorito de dominó registros e vejo mais tarde elavator guitarra bateria Coachella 2012 @ArcticMonkeys Brit Awards #britawards NomineeDomino Recording Company is an independent record label founded in 1993. Subscribe to Domino: http://goo.gl/kdcyu
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Fluorescent Adolescent" on
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Arctic Monkeys - 'Fluorescent Adolescent' (2007)
- 4:29 Man Man - "Head On (Hold On To Your Heart)"by antirecords Featured 452,162
- 3:25 Arctic Monkeys - Teddy Picker (2007)by Domino Recording Co.20,464,907 views
- 2:58 Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm (2007)by Domino Recording Co.26,240,624 views
- 4:00 Arctic Monkeys- Leave Before The Lights Come On (Official Video) (Domino Records)by Domino Recording Co.9,475,393 views
- 5:46 Animal Collective - My Girls (2009)by Domino Recording Co.8,351,558 views
- 1:08:47 Arctic Monkeys - Straighten the Rudder ( Full Album)by Allan Menezes904,984 views
- 4:26 Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know? (Official Video)by Official Arctic Monkeys25,908,961 views
- 31 videos Play all Arctic Monkeysby DominoRecords
- 3:36 Arctic Monkeys - Suck It And See (Live on KEXP)by KEXP1,045,914 views
- 3:06 Panic! At The Disco: I Write Sins Not Tragedies [OFFICIAL VIDEO]by Fueled By Ramen54,936,393 views
- 4:33 Avicii - Wake Me Up (Official Video)by AviciiOfficialVEVO188,419,374 views
- 4:21 Lana Del Rey - Blue Jeans (Official Video)by Lana Del Rey18,031,405 views
- 3:34 Arctic Monkeys - (Jonathan Ross TV Show 6th July 2007) 02 Fluorescent Adolescent.aviby yanismail801,005,763 views
- 3:25 Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Downby Official Arctic Monkeys3,433,014 views
- Official Arctic Monkeys 52 videos464K
- 3:56 Gorillaz - 19-2000by emimusic14,389,360 views
- 3:20 Arctic Monkeys - Brick By Brickby Domino Recording Co.775,386 views
- 4:19 The Killers - Read My Mindby TheKillersVEVO26,862,390 views
- 5:34 Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Downby Stumonkie2,160,556 views
- 4:40 Oasis - Wonderwall - Official Videoby Oasis91,087,931 views