Arctic Monkeys - 'Fluorescent Adolescent' (2007)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 6, 2007
Great new video from Sheffield's finest!
Enjoy the clowns!
Domino Records Providing ear comfort since 1993...
Check out Domino Records online:
Domino Recording Company, an independent record label since 1993, is home to artists such as Arctic Monkeys, Animal Collective, Franz Ferdinand, The Kills, Anna Calvi, Four Tet, Real Estate, Dirty Projectors, Wild Beasts, Francois & The Atlas Mountains, Clinic, About Group, Robert Wyatt, Owen Pallett, Cass McCombs, Villagers, Blood Orange, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Eugene McGuinness, Sons & Daughters, Stephen Malkmus, King Creosote, Twin Sister, The Count & Sinden, The Last Shadow Puppets, Max Tundra and more.
Approaching 20 years since its inception, Domino Recording Company is now established as one of the UK's leading independents. Launched by Laurence Bell on the back of a £40 a week enterprise allowance scheme and sticking throughout to a commendable set of principles, Domino has long championed and nurtured the outsider whilst enjoying both critical and commercial success.
Fifteen years since its inception Domino Recording Company is now established as one of the UK's leading independents. Launched by Laurence Bell on the back of a £40 a week enterprise allowance scheme and sticking throughout to a commendable set of principles, Domino has long championed and nurtured the outsider whilst enjoying both critical and commercial success.
From the off the label became a home for the most idiosyncratic of artists, led by Sebadoh and keenly followed by Royal Trux and Palace Music. In Domino these artists recognised a label that could understand and work with their vision.
Despite racking up classic album after classic album by Palace, Smog, Elliot Smith and Pavement however, Domino remained firmly entrenched in the American music scene. But with British music enjoying a creative resurgence in the late '90's. Domino was set to enter a new phase. ''That was what we always hoped would happen'' says Bell, ''it just took longer than we thought and maybe for while we got stuck in our own bubble. But around 1997-98, we began to realise that the sort of bands we wanted to sign did exist in Britain and the fact that they liked the records we'd put out might encourage them to throw in their lot with us''.
And so they did with UK artists The Kills, Clinic, Four Tet, singer songwriter James Yorkston and Archie Bronson Outfit joining the Domino stable and releasing seminal and critically acclaimed records. But it was in 2003 that the label hit pay dirt with Franz Ferdinand - the standard bearers of a new art-rock movement - and Domino found themselves thrust into the spotlight. 'Take Me Out', Franz Ferdinand's second single, captured the mood of a nation and became a worldwide hit for the label.
In 2007 the Arctic Monkeys effortlessly followed up their debut with 'Favourite Worst Nightmare' a record bristling with confidence and swaggering intelligence. The year drew to a close with the band sharing space at the top of the end of year polls with Robert Wyatt, one of the label's latest signing. Wyatt's 'Comicopera' was a tour de force of his singular vision and effortlessly gave notice of how Domino is now placed to connect music of all generations with its rightful audience hungry for the real thing.
The future of Domino is always balanced between allowing existing artists freedom of expression and discovery of the new. Lightspeed Champion, Yo Majesty! and The Count & Sinden are all recent additions to the label's release schedule ensuring it remains innovative, idiosyncratic and as distinctively Domino as ever.
arctic monkeys brianstorm favourite worst nightmare domino records 2007 original see ya later elavator guitar rock drums vocal pior pesadelo favorito de dominó registros e vejo mais tarde elavator guitarra bateria Coachella 2012 @ArcticMonkeys Brit Awards #britawards NomineeDomino Recording Company is an independent record label founded in 1993. Subscribe to Domino: http://goo.gl/kdcyu
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Fluorescent Adolescent" on
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Arctic Monkeys - 'Fluorescent Adolescent' (2007)
- 3:35 [M/V] miss A(미쓰에이) "Hush"(허쉬)by missA Featured 4,155,008
- 3:25 Arctic Monkeys - Teddy Picker (2007)by Domino Recording Co.20,431,760 views
- 2:58 Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm (2007)by Domino Recording Co.26,222,969 views
- 4:00 Arctic Monkeys- Leave Before The Lights Come On (Official Video) (Domino Records)by Domino Recording Co.9,463,900 views
- 3:54 Arctic Monkeys - Crying Lightning (official video) (2009)by Domino Recording Co.4,930,379 views
- 4:26 Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know? (Official Video)by Official Arctic Monkeys25,334,390 views
- 31 videos Play all Arctic Monkeysby DominoRecords
- 4:01 Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Outby franzferdinandVEVO9,420,391 views
- 4:23 Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Mapsby YeahYeahYeahsVEVO18,375,436 views
- 3:35 The Strokes - Reptiliaby thestrokesVEVO19,684,716 views
- 1:56:06 KPCS: Garfunkel and Oates #109by kevinpollakschatshow55,114 views
- 2:56 Arctic Monkeys - Mardy Bumby Cziczeko9,864,123 views
- 5:34 Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Downby Stumonkie2,150,645 views
- 4:48 Severina - Tvoja Prva Djevojkaby templar28456,411 views
- 4:00 The Black Keys - Tighten Up [Official Music Video]by theblackkeys33,475,409 views
- Official Arctic Monkeys 52 videos451K
- 3:18 Sublime - Santeriaby SublimeVEVO18,861,400 views
- 5:16 The Killers - When You Were Youngby TheKillersVEVO28,953,803 views
- 7:13 Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends [Official Music Video]by greenday34,347,233 views
- 4:29 Gorillaz - Clint Eastwoodby emimusic59,506,155 views