(2b Part 1) Sta. Teresa and Kriya Yoga
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 21, 2011
The 7 cerebral-spinal chakras ("wheels" of energy) spoken of by Paramahansa Yoganandji do not lend themselves easily to video. His explanation is just too abstract. For that reason, I go back a few centuries to Sta. Teresa's 7 "mansions." Her book, The Interior Castle -- which describes the home of those mansions (our body), is great for a video presentation.
Santa Teresa de Avila provides an outstanding introduction into the process by which one's consciousness rises up the spine and passes through the seven chakras (glowing "wheels" of energy in the cerebral-spinal system, described in Revelations as seven stars or "churches" - places where we spend a period of time in order to learn lessons as we grow spiritually). That interiorization of the consciousness draws one deep into the soul where one achieves union with Spirit - the source of all consciousness.
Appropriate for her times in the 16th century, she relates her experience of those stages of interiorization by painting verbal images of seven circular "mansions." The images of "mansions" is such a fitting analogy for video that I decided to use her book, The Interior Castle," as the basis for my introduction to the yoga (English: yoke, yoking, or union) aspect of Kriya Yoga. This yoga (yoke/yoking/union) refers to the person's progress in achieving conscious union with Spirit.
Sta. Teresa describes the goal and provides a description of her personal experience of that process. So doing, she provides the what, as in, "What is the goal"? and "What is the process"? Hers is an excellent subjective, phenomenological account.
But how does it work? Please see the next segment on physics.
Error: I implied in the story of Yoganandaji's confrontation with the critic in the library who exclaimed, "How did you know that"? that the library in question might have been the Los Angeles Central Library. Wrong - that event happened in Boston. I apologize for the error.
Back story and explanation:
This an autobiographical video by Larry Dominus Reavis, Ph.D., a Christ-ian yogi.
Standard YouTube License
- 32:58 Q&A: Is Yoga Evil, Did Jesus Really Exist, Padre Pio and Mystical Stigmataby MaNithyaSudeviFeatured 7,544
- 14:37 (2b Part 4) Sta. Teresa and Kriya Yogaby Larry Reavis 690 views
- 14:16 (2b Part 2) Sta. Teresa and Kriya Yogaby Larry Reavis 1,048 views
- 13:59 (2b Part 3) Sta. Teresa and Kriya Yogaby Larry Reavis 817 views
- 14:21 (3 Part 3) Did Kriya Yoga cure my nightmares?by Larry Reavis 915 views
- 14 videos Play all Kriya yogaby caimegan68
- 7:52 (2b Part 8) Sta. Teresa and Kriya Yogaby Larry Reavis 525 views
- 54:58 The Lies We Buy: Exposing Spiritual Dangers - Sharon Lee Gigantiby CatholicismLive 3,478 views
- 1:32:23 Spiritual Questions and Answers - Nayaswami Kriyananda - 6/26/2012by AnandaLosAngeles 4,090 views
- 11:56 (3 Part 2) Did Kriya Yoga cure my nightmares?by Larry Reavis 530 views
- 4:24 (2a Part 2) The visit: Paramahansa Yogananda taught me Kriya Yoga in 1947by Larry Reavis 2,618 views
- 2:55 My reincarnation and my slave-holding ancestors from Kentuckyby Larry Reavis 612 views
- 1:51:30 Swami Kriyananda - Kriya Yoga in Daily Life - Mumbai, 30 Sep 2007by joywithinyou 15,862 views
- 27:01 The Art and Science of Kriya Yoga at the Expanding Light - Inner Renewal Weekby AnandaWorldwide 3,478 views
- 7:58 SICHT DER HÖLLE, HL. TERESA VON AVILAby horroroushell 483 views
- 16:50 (2d-p3) The yugas of Sri Yukteswar and Paramahansa Yoganandaby Larry Reavis 9,233 views
- 15:00 (2d-p1) The Yugas of Sri Yukteswar and Paramahansa Yogananda.mp4by Larry Reavis 1,782 views
- 21:14 Kriya Yoga - Science behind Yoga Explained - Must Watchby SMKYFActivities 78,266 views
- 55:26 Richard Thompson - The Yugas and Vedic Chronologyby TheHallOfRecords 9,719 views
- 3:00 Practice Kriya Yoga Every Dayby YoganandaSRF 14,932 views
- 6:41 Communion Kneeling and on the Tongue is Preferred Form - Cardinal Arinze & Redemptionis Sacramentumby kolbe1019 23,128 views
- Loading more suggestions...