☆ Jeff Koons BMW M3 GT2 BMW Art Car 17, 2010 - New Carjam Radio 2011
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 12, 2011
Carjam Car Radio Show -- A Car Show About People
The BMW Art Car Project was introduced by the French racecar driver and auctioneer Hervé Poulain, who wanted to invite an artist to create a canvas on an automobile. It was in 1975, when Poulain commissioned American artist and friend Alexander Calder to paint the first BMW Art Car. This first example would be a BMW 3.0 CSL which Poulain himself would race in the 1975 Le Mans endurance race. Since Calder's work of art, many other renowned artists throughout the world have created BMW Art Cars, including David Hockney, Jenny Holzer, Roy Lichtenstein, Robert Rauschenberg, Frank Stella, and Andy Warhol. To date, a total of 17 BMW Art Cars, based on both racing and regular production vehicles, have been created. The most recent artist to the join BMW Art Car program is Jeff Koons in 2010 with his M3 GT2, which competed in the 2010 24 Hours of Le Mans but did not finish.. Artists for the BMW Art Car Project are chosen by a panel of international judges.
According to Thomas Girst, who has been in charge of the BMW Art Cars project since 2004, the purpose of the project has changed over time: "In the beginning the cars were raced. There wasn't much of a public relations effort around them... Since then, some of the Art Cars have been used in advertisements to show that BMW is a player in the arts. With the Eliason work, part of what we are doing is raising awareness of alternative and renewable energy sources."
"Carjam Car Radio Show" "BMW Art Car" "Alexander calder" "David Hockney" "Jenny Holzer" "Roy Lichtenstein" "Robert Rauschenberg" "Frank Stella" "Andy Warhol" "roy lichtenstein" "ken done" "matazi kayama" "jeff koons"
carjamradio "car jam radio" "car radio show" "car talk radio show" "carjam" ferrari "car talk" "bbc top gear" "great car ad 2011" "funny commercial 2011" "banned car ad" f1 "formula one" "classic cars" evo "best car ads 2011" "funny car ads 2011" funniest "fail" "sexy car ad 2011" "road test" "road review" "car test" "road report" "driving test" hot sexy new nissan fast Porsche suv "celebrity car" maserati vw audi 4x4 estate lotus fiat "alfa romeo" subaru toyota ford impreza "high speed" "tractor" "rally car" crashes accidents
Standard YouTube License
- 3:04 ☆ Jenson Lewis Senna: 2 Kids + 1 Amazing Sweet Shop! McLaren F1 2011 - Carjam Radioby CARJAM TV18,018 views
- 3:34 ☆ Stirling Moss Interview Porsche 718 RS Goodwood Targa Florio - Interview - Carjam Radio 2011by CARJAM TV5,972 views
- 2:33 ☆ Carjam: The BMW Art Cars + The Artistsby CARJAM TV1,785 views
- 3:52 ☆ BMW Security Vehicles. Training Car Commercial 2011 - Carjam Radioby CARJAM TV1,389 views
- 57:24 Larry Gagosian and Jeff Koonsby Nika Sakhanberidze1,220 views
- 49:12 The Orange Show Art Car Parade May 22nd 2011 at Allen Parkwayby Lifeintakes1,735 views
- 41:30 Jeff Koons Beyond Heaven Documentary [HD]by braitnicho4,776 views
- 44:58 BMW Art Car Collection - HD - Deutschby CarNewsTVChannel1,654 views
- 18:36 The World Is Us- Jeff Koons Zeitgeist Americas 2012by zeitgeistminds4,769 views
- 4:39 10 Questions for Jeff Koonsby TIME14,731 views
- 6:48 BMW M3 story (Must see and you won't be disappointed)by KPKonliner201,628 views
- 6:02 Richard Hammond does NASCAR - Top Gear - BBCby TopGear1,414,862 views
- 8:34 2010 Nurburgring 24 hours BMW M3 GT2 Hotlapby RobertL46,529 views
- 2:16 BMW M3 GT2 in Monza - ausgestattet mit Federn von H&Rby hrspezialfedern107,467 views
- 4:05 TateShots: Jeff Koonsby Tate56,740 views
- 3:02 BMW M3 GT2 in Spa Francorchampsby motorsportvideo23,657 views
- 6:16 Jeff Koons: The Voice of an Object | Ep. 11 Part 1/4 ARTST TLK | Reserve Channelby Reserve Channel1,627 views
- 10:45 The 700 HP VF Engineering BMW M3 - /TUNEDby /DRIVE632,018 views
- 15:51 BMW M3: All 4 Generations (E30, E36, E46, E92) at The Track! - Ignition Episode 66by MotorTrend508,257 views
- 3:11 BMW M3 E92 24H Special Acceleration SOUND & LOUD Backfiresby 19Bozzy9217,917 views
- Loading more suggestions...