Pete the Carpenter Harring on GOP Compromise
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 7, 2012
GOP offers "Compromise" to Maine National Delegates
The Proposed Compromise 1. A majority of the delegates sign a statement agreeing that, if Ron Paul is not on the ballot, they will vote at the Convention for Mitt Romney.
2. Instead of Brent Tweed, Charlie Webster or Paul LePage would serve as the spokesperson for the delegation and announce the votes cast for president. That spokesperson would also handle all media on behalf of the Maine delegation.
3. There will be nothing negative said about Mitt Romney or positive said about Obama (especially to media)
4. The Delegation will be admitted to the Convention, and to all committee assignments, without barrier.
5. The Contest brought by Jan Staples and Peter Cianchette will be withdrawn
So let me get this straight, all I have to do is agree to give up my First Amendment rights, pay no attention to the will of over 1000 fellow Republicans who voted for me to become a national delegate. And I also have to agree to forget the fact that Brent Tweed was duly elected by the delegation to be the chair.
I find this so-called compromise an insult! I am not willing to compromise in any way shape or form. We were duly elected to represent the state of Maine. Delegates from the state of Maine are not bound to vote for anyone. Like I said before, well over 1000 fellow Republicans voted for me knowing full well who I would be casting my vote for at the national convention. Now I keep getting told for the sake of the Party you have to comply, you can't rock the boat. Well you know something? There is such a thing as right and wrong!
This is simply wrong! Does Character, Integrity or Freedom mean anything today? Jan Staples and Peter Cianchette putting this contest forward, and then having the GOP proposes this compromise. Does that not show a complete lack any of that? If the image of the GOP is being hurt, it is no ones fault but their own.
The only thing that needs to be done; The delegation will be admitted to the convention, and to all committee assignments, without barrier. The contest brought by Jan staples and Pete Cianchette will be withdrawn. Those are the only acceptable outcomes. If I was to agree to their demands, how would that make me any different than that, which I am fighting?
I will not comply!
I am going to Tampa Florida!
I will be a delegate!
God Bless you all and God Bless America!
Peter R Harring
Maine National Delegate-at-large
If you agree with me please follow this link http://defenseoflibertypac.com/petition/ and sign the Petition.
If you do not agree, then Shame on you!
The opinion expressed in this video and discussion is mine and only mine and is not intended to be that of the Maine Delegation.
Standard YouTube License
- 19:13 "Latest" News Interview With Ron Paulby thevalentyneFeatured 22,664
- 20:01 Amanda Berry: Grisly Details Revealed in Cleveland Kidnapping Caseby PoliticalArticles.NET 76,729 views
- 9:15 Russia Against United States With Navy In Syriaby Kit Kirja 1,401 views
- 7:29 Judge Napolitano ~ IRS Controversy & Obamaby RonPaulCC2012 678 views
- 4:54 Ron Paul getting pissedby AljazeeraNewsChannel 359,133 views
- 3:32 GOP Threatens To Not Seat Maine's Ron Paul Delegates Unless Compromise Is Signedby matlarson10 3,491 views
- 2:58:15 2012 Awakening "Change is on the Horizon" - COMPLETEby LamplightGroup 199,045 views
- 2:26 GOP Makes Room For Ron Paul At Tampa Convention - USA Todayby #1 Freedom And Liberty Reporter 11,979 views
- 9:21 Lawyers for Ron Paul vs Mitt Romney Federal Lawsuit In Court - ElectionFraudRemedy.comby RonPaulRevolt2012 12,799 views
- 6:18 Republicans Demand Action, Jail Time for IRS Scandalby PBS NewsHour 5,151 views
- 4:44 CIA Chief Endorses Ron Paulby djgabrielpresents 8,268 views
- 13:11 Ron Paul delegates disqualified from the RNCby RT America 19,049 views
- 1:57 Lawyers To Take Over Ron Paul's Campaign TODAY?!by matlarson10 17,574 views
- 14:26 Ron Paul's Podcast Nation #12 ~ IRS Targetsby RonPaulCC2012 1,393 views
- 1:16:29 The One Percentby WarZalez 780,443 views
- 7:33 ROMNEY PICKS RYAN FOR RUNNING MATEby Col. Richard Hunter 1,000 views
- 2:42 freeman in court - judge bows to Sovereign - Canadaby LoudStudios 405,784 views
- 5:13 'Ron Paul right, US deep into fascism'by RussiaToday 51,477 views
- 3:36 Bloomberg's Maryam Nemazee Laughs At Peter Schiff's US Doomsday Fantasiesby SchittReport 2,137 views
- 46:15 Ron Paul Answers Questions on Audit the Fed & Moreby RonPaul2008dotcom 13,705 views
- Loading more suggestions...