Portal Done Pro-er - Portal Speedrun - 8:31.93 - WR
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 17, 2012
READ THIS BEFORE WATCHING!
There were no cheats, hacks, or modifications made to the game while the speedrunning took place. Everything you see in this video can be done on a current Steam version of Portal without using any console commands. Any part where the video "stutters" or when a "console box pops up" signifies a segment. The console box is a demo artifact, and we couldn't fix it from popping up. If you don't believe us, download the demos below, and check them out for yourself.
Demos Download: http://bit.ly/SNHPsI
And for further verification, SDA has now verified this run to be SDA legal.
This is a segmented Portal speed run by Nick "Z1mb0bw4y" Roth, Josh "Inexistence" Peaker, Nick "Gocnak" Kerns, and special guest Sebastian "Xebaz" Dressler, in the time of 8:31.93, and in 24 segments.
We here at SourceRuns proudly present a Portal speedrun 3 months in the making!
NOTE: This run was timed as 8:31.93 from gaining crosshairs to losing them when the final core is destroyed, which is 53 or so seconds faster than Portal Done Pro.
Portal Done Pro-er (this run) is our improvement of the current segmented Portal speedrun, Portal Done Pro (PDP). However, to be SDA legal we have done our run without using scripts/cheats/hacks for any portion of the run. This run first started after the discovery of a new glitch, which snowballed into a whirlwind of discoveries of new tricks, skips, and glitches. We started running chambers in April, took a brief hiatus, and then resumed work in late June. The bulk of the run was completed in about 2 weeks time. The final result cuts roughly 53 seconds of realtime off of PDP, bringing the total time to 8:31.93. This run is the second official run of a commercial title to be released by the Sourceruns team, and the second run to be submitted to SDA. However, it is the first Sourceruns project to be done without scripts.
Some Route Credit:
The SourceRuns Team
Standard YouTube License
- 5:34 Super Mario Bros. Speed Run - 4:58.89by andrewg1990Featured 1,357,755
- 16:19 Portal Speedrun - Inbounds Single-Segment - 15:26.10by sourceruns 10,329 views
- 10:26 Portal: Prelude Speedrun - Portal Mod - 4:10by sourceruns 3,683 views
- 11:59 Precursor Speedrun - HL2:EP2 Mod - 9:29by sourceruns 2,132 views
- 11:00 Half-Life 2: Episode 1 Speedrun - Part 2by sourceruns 18,761 views
- 1:22:44 Portal 2 Full Game Speedrun 1:16:07.23 (Former World Record)by Blumenrocker 42,812 views
- Portal 322,783 videos1K
- 17:40 Gmod PORTAL Mod!by VenturianTale 40,824 views
- 14:46 Portal SPEED RUN (12:11) - Summer Games Done Quick 2012by SpeedDemosArchiveSDA 11,619 views
- 6:14 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 Speed Run (00:05:47)by Malikaye90 180,789 views
- 24:56 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Speedrun in 22:38, live at AGDQ2013by CosmoSpeedruns 317,440 views
- 46:35 Dishonored speedrun [42:59] single-segmentby amzngblk 35,020 views
- 1:22:31 Super Mario World HD Speed Run - 96 Exits (TAS)by tsug303 2,625,099 views
- 2:08:56 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Speedrun by Jiano (1:53:33) [Commentated]by SwordlessLink 269,512 views
- 14:41 Aperture: Lab Ratt (A Portal Short Film)by syntheticph 575,332 views
- 11:02 Mario 64 beaten with 0 stars in 5:47by Mitjitsu 4,212,288 views
- 6:30 TETRIS GOD (guiness world record!!!)by aj0994 1,418,488 views
- 41:42 Amnesia: The Dark Descent Speed Run (33 min 36 sec)by phantagaming 108,898 views
- 20:55 TAS Super Mario 64 N64 in 15:35 by Rikkuby webnations 27,322,507 views
- 8:38 Outside Aperture - Portal Short Filmby Eisen Feuer 1,637,689 views
- 1:03:50 Mirror's Edge (PC) speed run [0h 57m 32s] single segmentby tunnarit 3,107,723 views
- Loading more suggestions...