Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 26, 2013
Stephen Salloway, MD, MS Recognized as a leading expert in aging, Alzheimer's disease, and other memory disorders, Dr. Salloway:
- is currently supported by over $3.4 million in research grants that include the study, diagnosis, and treatment of mild, moderate, and severe forms of Alzheimer's disease (AD), neuroimaging of AD, vaccine trials for AD, treatment of apathy of patients with AD, and diagnosis and treatment of patients with mild cognitive impairment. ● has been one of the leading researchers studying and testing new diagnostic procedures and new treatments for people afflicted with AD and other memory disorders. He presently serves on a number of national and international committees including the Medical Advisory Board, Alzheimer's Federation of America, Guidelines for the Treatment of Dementia Panel, American Academy of Neurology, and the Scientific Program Committee of the Third Congress of the International Society for Vascular, Behavioral, and Cognitive Disorders
- has authored or co-authored over 200 journal articles, book chapters, and abstracts on a wide range of topics including the the diagnosis and treatment of AD, CADASIL, and mild cognitive impairment; genetic models of white-matter disease and dementia in late life, neurological evaluation of psychiatric patients, and new advances in the treatment of AD.
- has made over 250 presentations on such topics as early diagnosis and treatment of AD, vascular dementia, strategies for managing AD, stroke and dementia, white matter and dementia, new treatments of memory disorders, the genetics of dementia, and current concepts of mild cognitive impairment.
- Is the recipient of numerous awards including: Surdna Foundation Fellow for Geriatric Research, Brown University; Outstanding Teaching Award, Brown University Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior; Distinguished Visiting Professor Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas; Brown University Honorary Master of Arts Eundem; Fellow, American Neuropsychiatric Association; Outstanding Teaching Award for Undergraduate Medical Student Education, Brown Medical School; Fellow, American Academy of Neurology; and the Dean's Teaching Excellence Award, Brown Medical School (2004, 2006).
- Received his medical degree and psychology degree from Stanford University Medical School. He completed residencies in neurology and psychiatry at Yale University Medical School.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:17 How To Cure Dementia?by BeYourPotential Featured 2,000
- 5:01 C.A.D.A.S.I.L-A FAMILYS STORY IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES.by rarediseaseday210 views
- 14:47 Kent Hospital Surgery Center Rhode Islandby Care New England161 views
- 4:30 Faces of CADASILby rarediseaseday1,941 views
- 11:16 Understanding the MSE - Lisa (w/- commentary)by DreamSchemaMedia8,752 views
- 9:28 4 Doctors on Coconut Oil & Dementiaby AlzheimersWeekly48,325 views
- 26:47 SECOND OPINION | Conversion Disorder | APT | Full Episodeby Second Opinion5,230 views
- 18:51 Is there scientific proof we can heal ourselves? Lissa Rankin, MD at TEDxAmericanRivieraby TEDxTalks138,157 views
- 13:36 PA Vs MD: Meet Sundance--Shes Done Both.wmvby mypatrainingvideo48,495 views
- 57:15 LA DIABETES DR PEDRO TORRES,MD Nutriologo Ortomolecularby Rene Granillo3,880 views
- 18:16 Is medicine killing you? Lissa Rankin, MD at TEDxFargoby TEDxTalks30,699 views
- 4:00 MD med student v DO med studentby StudentDoctor Thompson11,108 views
- 10:44 BECOME A DOCTOR, DEMYSTIFIED. Daily Life as a Medical Doctorby doctorsecrets75,905 views
- 9:49 Understanding the MSE - Glen (w/- commentary)by DreamSchemaMedia7,477 views
- 3:26 PA vs physicianby ThePolitico11158,591 views
- 9:23 Part 1 - V.S. Ramachandran at Beyond Belief 2.0by LennyBound46,265 views
- 6:31 Treatment for Cognitive Disorders following TBI | Kristin King, Ph.D., CCC-SLPby ahcEducation409 views
- 5:09 ARMY MEDICINE: DOCTORSby AmericasArmyProgram27,546 views
- 7:35 Behavioral Challenges in Dementia With Lewy Bodies - pt 4by LBDAtv4,156 views
- 18:18 I am Adam Lanza's Doctor - Rima E. Laibow, MDby ConnectTheBlots54,616 views
- Loading more suggestions...