How To Use Chopsticks
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 22, 2008
Watch more Dining & Table Manners videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/188-Din...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Handle chopsticks as easily as you use a fork and knife.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Position chopsticks
In your right hand, traditionally used even by the left-handed, rest the thick end of one chopstick on the webbing between your thumb and forefinger so that about an inch of it sticks out beyond your hand, and rest the other end on your ring finger. Keep your fingers loosely curled.
Successful chopstick use depends on stabilizing this bottom chopstick, which doesn't move, to leave your thumb and forefinger free to maneuver the top chopstick, which does.
Step 2: Grip bottom stick w/ thumb
Grip this bottom chopstick with the bottom of your thumb so it is immobilized and sits firmly on your ring finger.
You can use the tip of your middle finger to stabilize the ring-finger end of the chopstick.
Step 3: Grip top stick w/ fingertips
If you're holding the bottom chopstick correctly, your entire index finger and the top joint of your thumb are free to move around. Grip the top chopstick between the tips of these fingers so that its tip lines up with the bottom chopstick's tip.
Step 4: Maneuver top & bottom sticks
To pick up a piece of food, maneuver the top chopstick to grasp it with the tip and brace it against the bottom one.
Etiquette requires that you use chopsticks neither to chop nor to stick. For that, use knives and forks.
Step 5: Lift food w/ chopsticks
Now, carefully lift a piece of food with your chopsticks, taking care not to let it slide out. Sweet success.
Did You Know?
Many sushi aficionados insist that sushi should be eaten with the fingers—an excellent fallback position if you have trouble mastering chopsticks.
Standard YouTube License
- 0:21 How to hold chopsticks correctlyby fkojiFeatured 914,307
- 4:08 How To Eat Sushi At a Restaurantby Howcast 788,787 views
- 3 videos Play all How to use Chopsticksby AceBoy2099
- 1:49 How to Never Lose at Tic-Tac-Toeby Howcast 2,987,312 views
- 0:57 How To Seal a Bag Of Chips Without a Clipby Howcast 1,063,534 views
- 2:25 How To Pick a Lockby Howcast 9,683,615 views
- 1:13 How to Use Chopsticks Correctly - Chopsticks Tips Videoby geobeats 136,932 views
- 5:16 The Answer Book: Guide to mastering the chopsticks within 5 minutes (How to hold chopsticks)by artstudioashenka 182,587 views
- 2:58 How To Eat Noodles With Chopsticksby Ben Bjerk 13,163 views
- 1:12 How to Use Chopsticksby fukuzawayukichi 124,734 views
- 1:56 How to use Chopsticksby MechanicalAnt 209,660 views
- 3:20 How to use Chopsticksby knockx2itsjanet 32,459 views
- 3:42 How To Use Chopsticksby VideoJug 446,691 views
- 6:34 How to Eat with Chopsticks Tutorialby Gingerly550 15,498 views
- 2:33 How To Use Chopsticksby 6262742 14,452 views
- 0:33 How to hold chopstickby yysk4ever 171,875 views
- 0:57 drawing - How to Hold Chopsticksby HariEdo 329,270 views
- 2:50 How To Wake Up Early When You Absolutely Have Toby Howcast 1,026,499 views
- 4:20 Four Simple Chopstick Hairstylesby Evelina 239,307 views
- 8:23 How to use chopsticks and stir fry, Martin Yan Part5by wywoo225 75,665 views
- 6:18 Living in Korea--How to Use Korean Chopsticksby subwalady 17,686 views
- Loading more suggestions...