Neutrinos | Standard Model Of Particle Physics
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 13, 2009
http://www.facebook.com/ScienceReason ... The Standard Model of Particle Physics (Episode 7): Neutrinos.
Please SUBSCRIBE to Science & Reason:
STANDARD MODEL OF PARTICLE PHYSICS:
1) First Second Of The Universe:
2) Force And Matter:
5) Electrons, Protons And Neutrons:
6) Photons, Gravitons & Weak Bosons:
8) The Higgs Boson / The Higgs Mechanism:
The Standard Model of particle physics is a theory of three of the four known fundamental interactions and the elementary particles that take part in these interactions. These particles make up all visible matter in the universe.
Every high energy physics experiment carried out since the mid-20th century has eventually yielded findings consistent with the Standard Model.
Still, the Standard Model falls short of being a complete theory of fundamental interactions because it does not include gravitation, dark matter, or dark energy. It is not quite a complete description of leptons either, because it does not describe nonzero neutrino masses, although simple natural extensions do.
The particle itself is a fundamental particle and is too small to be seen by any imaginable instrument of observation. So we instead represent the property that allows the neutrino to interact.
The white area represents the weak charge of the neutrino. This charge - entirely separate from electric charge - gives rise to the Weak Nuclear Force. This force allows the neutrino to interact - but only very weakly and its typical range is much smaller than the diameter of a proton.
Neutrinos are produced when a down quark decays into an up quark, and an electron. Conservation laws require that a tiny neutral particle is created in beta decay and that particle is the neutrino (technically an anti-neutrino)
Because the neutrino only interacts through the weak force (and negligible gravity) it almost never interacts with other particles on its own. Millions of neutrinos stream through your body every second totally unnoticed and unnoticeable.
The Cassiopeia Project - making science simple!
The Cassiopeia Project is an effort to make high quality science videos available to everyone. If you can visualize it, then understanding is not far behind.
Standard YouTube License
- 11:30 Neutrinos - Sixty Symbolsby Sixty Symbols Featured 141,766
- 13:01 A Crash Course In Particle Physics (1 of 2)by powerphyzix215,886 views
- 9:50 The Standard Model Explains Force And Matterby Best0fScience106,180 views
- 28:30 CERN LOS NEUTRINOS MÁS RÁPIDOS QUE LA LUZ YouTubeby paginadeshipnotizar19,768 views
- 5:37 'The God Particle': The Higgs Bosonby Best0fScience801,135 views
- 1:22:00 Public Lecture—Deep Secrets of the Neutrino: Physics Undergroundby SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory6,412 views
- 9:53 The Standard Modelby DrPhysicsA13,070 views
- 9 videos Play all Standard Model of Particle Physicsby Best0fScience
- 58:00 James Webb Space Telescope - Heidi Hammel (SETI Talks)by SETI Institute4,642 views
- 8:38 Fission And Fusionby Best0fScience160,688 views
- 7:42 The Dark Matter Mystery: 39 Billion Missing Sunsby Best0fScience44,470 views
- 1:59:36 The Higgs File, dossier classé ?by CEASaclay4,407 views
- 6:41 CERN: First Appearance Of Tau Neutrinoby Best0fScience35,235 views
- 53:36 The Standard Model: Fundamental Forces and the Origin of Massby case12,050 views
- 1:41 Gluons | Standard Model Of Particle Physicsby Best0fScience36,439 views
- 6:11 Quantum Mechanics: The Structure Of Atomsby Best0fScience289,175 views
- 5:23 Quantum Entanglement - The Weirdness Of Quantum Mechanicsby Best0fScience337,970 views
- 6:10 The Dark Matter Mystery: Stars Are Moving Too Fastby Best0fScience98,901 views
- 2:38 Photons, Gravitons & Weak Bosons | Standard Model Of Particle Physicsby Best0fScience66,284 views
- 1:05:33 Particle Physics Foundations of Dark Matter-Dark Energy-and Inflatio Resubidaby portalhispano184,079 views