How to Make a Christmas Stocking
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 1, 2010
Check out Bas Rutten's Liver Shot on MMA Surge: http://bit.ly/MMASurgeEp1
Mahalo expert Keltie Colleen shows you how to make a Christmas stocking using a felt stocking and other decorations.
Crafts are a great way to get the whole family involved in decorating and getting ready for the holidays. You can personalize Christmas morning by learning how to make Christmas stockings using a few basic supplies. Stockings can be decorated with
Christmas or winter decorations. They may also be personalized for each member of the family.
Christmas stockings are not the only holiday tradition of its kind. There are several other cultures that observe a similar tradition for the holiday. Muslin stockings are hung in China awaiting gifts from Dun Che Lao Ren. In France, children leave their shoes out for Le Pere Noel rather than a stocking. A Dutch tradition is for children to place reindeer food in their clogs that evening. http://christmas.lovetoknow.com/Histo...
Step 1: Gather the Needed Supplies
Before you begin any craft, it is important to have everything you will need to complete the project. To make your own personalized Christmas stocking, you will need the following supplies:
1. A felt stocking
2. Glitter glue
4. Felt cut-outs or other holiday decorations
5. A hot glue gun
These items can be found at most craft supply stores or department stores. When choosing your stocking, you may find that you have several color options. Whichever you choose, be sure to select the glue, ribbon and decorations in colors that will compliment the stocking once it is completed.
Step 2: Add the Decorations
Once you have all your supplies assembled, you can begin adding each of the decorations to the stocking. The first decoration you will want to add is the bow. To make a bow from ribbon, cut approximately 10 inches of ribbon from the spool. Next, tie a simple bow and add it to the stocking using hot glue. Place it on either corner of the stocking cuff. Next add the felt decorations. The best place to add them is the heel of the stocking, however you may place them wherever you like.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz4Z2B...
Step 3: Add a Name
After you have decorated the stocking, the last step will be adding a name. On the cuff of the stocking, use the glitter glue to write the recipients name. You may want to practice this on a separate piece of paper first. Use block letters that are simple and easy to write. After you add the name, you can use the glitter glue to accent the felt decorations or add color to a solid colored stocking.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz4Z2B...
Read more by visiting our page at:
Standard YouTube License
Next in Christmas Arts & Crafts
- 12:28 Make an Adorable Christmas Stockingby MissouriQuiltCo Featured 124,196
- 5:49 How to Make a Christmas Centerpieceby mahalodotcom70,444 views
- 5:31 How to Make a Pop-Up Christmas Cardby mahalodotcom123,903 views
- 5:09 How Make Make a Christmas Angel Tree Topperby mahalodotcom55,593 views
- 9:59 Christmas Pop Up Card Tutorial: Complex Pyramid Treeby creativepopupcards116,651 views
- 5:11 Etsy How-To: Make Your Own Stocking!by Etsy68,383 views
- 3:43 Make your own Christmas stockings.by Matt Fox23,657 views
- 9:40 How to Make a Christmas Stockingby Fleece Fun2,920 views
- 20:26 Stiletto Christmas stocking by Debbie Shoreby debbie shore5,735 views
- 9:19 Stocking Stuffer/Small Gift Ideas for HER | 2013 Gift Guideby makeupbykimm12,839 views
- 8:48 How to Make a 3D Paper Snowflakeby kongo204609,502 views
- 3:44 Christmas Craft - Magazine Christmas Treeby Tootoo4luv476,707 views
- 9:06 Arts & Craft Make a Christmas Card - Card Making Project - Art and Craftby Artists Resource435,048 views
- 4:53 How to Make Easy, "No Sew" Fabric Christmas Ornamentsby craftster444,037 views
- 5:13 How-To Iron-on Frosty the Snowman Christmas Stockingby iLoveToCreate6,590 views
- 10:01 Homemade Christmas Stockingby kathyc6835,065 views
- 3:39 Homemade Christmas Gifts: CD Holderby mahalodotcom9,362 views
- 3:12 How to Make Christmas Candy Cane Reindeerby mahalodotcom25,973 views
- 4:35 How To Gift Wrap a T-Shirtby mahalodotcom32,175 views