Nigel Farage: Euro Break-Up Just a Question of How
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 18, 2012
Donate to UKIP: http://www.ukip.org/donations | http://www.ukipmeps.org | http://twitter.com/#!/Nigel_Farage
• European Parliament, Strasbourg, 18 April 2012
• Speaker: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP), Co-President of the 'Europe of Freedom and Democracy' (EFD) Group in the European Parliament
• Debate: Means to combat the economic crisis, particularly in the Eurozone - Statement by the President of the Commission
• Video: EbS - European Parliament
"It's a great shame Mr Van Rompuy's not here because a month ago he told us the worst was over, we'd reached the turning point. He even told us that he'd solved the Euro crisis! Well, today we've got a more realistic Mr Barroso who says if we follow his policies and stick together we can solve this in the end!
Sorry! No one believes you anymore, and actually, in the face of the rapidly deteriorating situation these comments look ridiculous.
In Spain mass unemployment gathers by the day and internal democracy in Spain is now under threat.
In Italy where we were told Mr Monti would sort it all out, growth figures are falling and the bond spreads are worsening and now an IMF official has come out and said that it is obvious that at some point the Euro break-up will happen. These are big changes. The Euro is doomed!
And your policies, Sir! Even if Greece accepts the austerity you're putting upon them, even if for the next eight years they obey all of this they will still, in 2020, have a debt:GDP ratio of 120% which makes one ask "What is the point?".
And in Spain - If Spain was able to increase... [interruption]
The difference is, Sir, Britain is not trapped inside the economic prison of the Euro.
Now take this: If Spain was to increase... If she increased her productivity growth by half a percent a year, which at the moment looks unlikely- If Spain did that it would take her 40 years to close the competiveness gap with Germany. These countries were sucked in to a totally false economic boom with artificially low interest rates and they are now paying the price. These policies cannot succeed.
Mercifully, outside of this institution, economists the world over now say that it is inevitable that the Euro will break up. It is just a question of how. And I really hope that the IMF now decide to stop pouring good money after bad into these bailouts and I really do hope that not one penny piece more of British taxpayers' money goes into propping something up that should be allowed to die."
• EU Member States:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, United Kingdom
Standard YouTube License
- 4:26 Point Break: 'Spain last nail in Euro-coffin'by RT Featured 27,457
- 9:01 Nigel Farage reprimanded for criticising Baroness Ashton (FULL VERSION)by UKIP MEPs67,257 views
- 12:13 Collapsing Euro, UKIP Nigel Farage vs Labour Denis MacShane - BBC Daily Politics (18May12)by ukipmedia45,146 views
- 2:53 Schulz's Law: First confrontation between Farage and Schulzby europarl66,312 views
- 11:00 Farage exposes EU arrogance (puts Sarkozy, Pottering & Schulz in place)by europarl142,119 views
- 3:44 FARAGE IS PURE GOLD !by wishfix234,668 views
- 5:43 Nigel Farage touches quite a few nerves in the EU Parliamentby UndefeatedArmy09361,982 views
- 1:55 In 1990 Thatcher warned that the Euro would end European democracyby wakeup2thelies97,558 views
- 12:32 UKIP Nigel Farage - BBC Any Questions - April 2012by ukipmedia14,700 views
- 4:43 UKIP Nigel Farage on Baroness Warsi insult - BBC local elections results (04May12).flvby ukipmedia34,041 views
- 6:35 Nigel Farage: "Listen! The Whole Thing's a Giant Ponzi Scheme!"by TheLeakSource158,004 views
- 3:05 Farage: We Don't Want a Global Superpower, Mr President Schulzby europarl29,161 views
- 10:13 UKIP Nigel Farage met Angel Merkel - 21st Feb 12by ukipmedia36,237 views
- 3:11 'Who the Hell You Think You Are?' Nigel Farage throws egg in Eurocrat facesby RT1,178,165 views
- 3:40 Nigel Farage..i want you all fired. what the EU should be 06 07 11.flvby X2Darkobsession81,565 views
- 11:00 Farage and Hannan expose Gordon Brown as he calls for New Global Orderby europarl87,647 views
- 2:51 The Genius of Mutual Indebtedness - Nigel Farageby europarl645,980 views
- 27:53 Nigel Farage on the "EU Titanic" and the "Rebirth of National Socialism in Europe"by CapitalAccount72,858 views
- 6:19 Nigel Farage: Van Rompuy, Barroso worst people in EU since 1945by RT77,001 views
- 42:26 Nigel Farage - Confronts Herman Van Rompuy, José Manuel Barroso & Martin Schulzby Júlio Soares14,981 views
- Loading more suggestions...