2010 Lexus HS250h Start Up, Full Vehicle Tour, and Engine Details
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 21, 2009
Parent company-Toyota Motor Corporation
Assembly-Miyawaka, Fukuoka, Japan
ClassEntry-level luxury hybrid
Body style(s)-4-door sedan
Engine(s)-2.4L 2AZ-FXE I4
Transmission(s)-Continuously variable transmission
Wheelbase-106.3 in (2,700 mm)
Length-184.8 in (4,690 mm)
Width-70.3 in (1,790 mm)
Height-59.3 in (1,510 mm)
The Lexus HS is a dedicated hybrid vehicle introduced by Lexus as a new entry-level luxury sedan in 2009. Unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in January 2009, the HS 250h went on sale in July 2009 as a 2010 model in Japan, followed by its debut in the United States in August 2009. The HS 250h represents the first dedicated hybrid vehicle in the Lexus lineup, as well as the first offered with an inline four gasoline engine. Bioplastic materials are used for the vehicle interior. The HS 250h's platform is based on the third generation Toyota Avensis, itself related to the traditional gasoline engine Toyota Allion sold from 2001 to 2007. The Toyota Sai, a non-luxury model based on the HS 250h, was launched in Japan in October 2009. With a total length of 184.8 inches, the Lexus HS is slightly larger than the Lexus IS in terms of size, but still smaller than the mid-size Lexus ES. According to Lexus, the HS designation stands for Harmonious Sedan.
In July 2009, the HS 250h made its sales launch in Japan, with 1,500 pre-orders logged at its introduction. This figure was reportedly three times greater than originally forecast. In the first month, the vehicle recorded 3,000 pre-orders, 10,000 sales, and the waiting list was six months long. The U.S. sales introduction for the HS 250h was expected to occur in late summer of 2009.
The gasoline-powered portion of the HS 250h powertrain is the 2.4L 2AZ-FXE inline four engine. The 2AZ-FXE produces 147 hp (110 kW) and 105 ft·lbf (142 N·m) of torque at 4000 revolutions per minute. This is assisted by a 40 hp (30 kW) electric motor for a total combined output of 187 hp (139 kW). The HS 250h uses hybrid drivetrain elements from the Toyota Camry Hybrid.
HS 250h inline-four engine with electric motors
The HS 250h's EPA fuel economy is estimated at 35 miles per US gallon (6.7 L/100 km; 42 mpg-imp) in the city and 34 miles per US gallon (6.9 L/100 km; 41 mpg-imp) on the highway. The HS 250h engine runs on the Atkinson cycle, and the powertrain uses a continuously variable transmission. A 90 pounds (41 kg) nickel metal hydride battery situated beneath the rear seats serves to power the electric motor. An additional system included on the HS 250h's Lexus Hybrid Drive powertrain is an exhaust-heat recovery system to reduce engine warm-up periods (optimizing engine start-stop times). The Atkinson cycle configuration and exhaust-heat recovery system is also used on the 2010 Lexus RX 450h.
The HS 250h can be operated in either driver-selectable EV, Eco, or Power modes. The EV mode is suited for short-distance pure electric driving at speeds of up to 20 miles per hour (32 km/h), the Eco mode can be selected for the greatest fuel efficiency in mixed gas-electric driving, and the Power mode offers more performance in contrast to the Eco mode. The 0-60 time is listed at 8.4 seconds and the top speed is 112 miles per hour (180 km/h).
Lexus HS 250h interior with pop-up display screen
Technological features offered on the HS 250h include a pop-up navigation and infotainment system with Remote Touch controller, a Mark Levinson premium sound system, and safety systems. The Remote Touch system is used with the GPS navigation system and operates using haptic feedback. The Lexus Enform telematics service is introduced on the HS 250h.
Safety systems include an Intelligent Highbeam (IHB) system, Lane Keep Assist (LKA) system, and onboard cameras. The IHB senses oncoming vehicles and adjusts lighting to prevent glare. The LKA system, operating in conjunction with the radar adaptive cruise control, helps keep the vehicle in its lane. Up to five onboard cameras include Wide-View Front and Rear-View backup cameras. These cameras allow the driver to see around corners. The LED detector Driver Monitoring System warns if the driver is not paying attention and obstacles are detected in the vehicle's path, preventing accidents due to drowsiness or distraction. A Pre-Collision System is designed to minimize damage from accidents.
Standard YouTube License
- 12:48 2010 Lexus GX460 Start Up, Engine, and In Depth Tour/Reviewby The Driver's Seat of YouTube! (www.Saabkyle04.com)Featured 59,435
- 7:13 2010 Lexus IS250 C Full Vehicle Tour and Top Demoby The Driver's Seat of YouTube! (www.Saabkyle04.com) 42,243 views
- 10:01 2009 Lexus LS600hL Pebble Beach Edition Start Up, and In Depth Features Reviewby The Driver's Seat of YouTube! (www.Saabkyle04.com) 68,066 views
- 6:52 2010 Lexus IS250 Full Vehicle Tour and Features Overviewby saabkyle04 64,845 views
- 8:13 2008 Toyota Prius Hybrid Full, In Depth Tour, and Driving Dynamicsby saabkyle04 45,538 views
- 10:47 1995 Lexus LS400 Start Up, Engine, and In Depth Tourby The Driver's Seat of YouTube! (www.Saabkyle04.com) 67,118 views
- 17 videos Play all TOYOTA LEXUS Hybrid（トヨタ・レクサス）by Car21jx
- 6:40 Short Takes: 2006 Lexus IS250 6spd (Start Up, Engine, Tour)by saabkyle04 34,020 views
- 12:03 2003 Lexus GX470 Start Up, Engine, and In Depth Tourby saabkyle04 36,982 views
- 13:18 2008 Lexus LS460 Start Up, Engine, and In Depth Tourby saabkyle04 70,578 views
- Lexus HS 3,165 videos12
- 8:45 2010 Lexus LS460 In Depth Interior and Exterior Overviewby The Driver's Seat of YouTube! (www.Saabkyle04.com) 28,485 views
- 7:27 2009 Lexus GS350 Full Vehicle Tour and Features Overviewby The Driver's Seat of YouTube! (www.Saabkyle04.com) 57,816 views
- 5:12 Short Takes: 2002 Lexus IS300 (Start Up, Engine, Tour)by saabkyle04 49,921 views
- 7:06 Lexus HS 250h Feature Video - Kelley Blue Bookby kbb 32,295 views
- 6:46 2008 Toyota Solara Convertible Start Up and Full Tourby saabkyle04 31,063 views
- 4:21 2010 Lexus HS250h Hybrid Sedanby CarDataVideo 16,784 views
- 8:12 2008 Lexus SC430 Pebble Beach Edition Start Up, Engine, and Full Tourby The Driver's Seat of YouTube! (www.Saabkyle04.com) 36,433 views
- 4:19 Lexus HS 250h Reviewby consumerreports 16,385 views
- 9:37 2010 LEXUS HS 250H PREMIUM HYBRID NAVIGATION LOADED FOR SALE SEE WWW SUNSETMILAN COMby sunsetmotorsinc 8,671 views
- 8:51 2004 Lexus RX330 Start Up, Engine, and In Depth Tourby The Driver's Seat of YouTube! (www.Saabkyle04.com) 43,963 views
- 3:28 2010 Lexus GX460 - Drive Time Reviewby Drive Time with Steve Hammes 28,257 views
- Loading more suggestions...