Palm Partners Supports Harrigan Foundation Basket Brigade
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Nov 5, 2012
Doris: Hi, I'm Doris Harrigan and I'm so excited to talk to you guys about why I want to contribute and give to the Basket Brigade this year.
Uh, we started the basket brigade, Peter and I, probably about umm (not on record) with 50 families about 4 years ago. Each year we tend to double the families that we fed for the basket brigade.
50 to 100...100 to 200...last year to 475 and now sponsored by the Harrigan Foundation. And now our goal this year is to feed 1,000 families.
Julia : Hi, my name is Julia Davies and I'm the Alumni Coordinator here at Palm Partners. I'm really excited to participate in the Basket Brigade this year because I did it last year as a client and it was a really rewarding feeling to give back to others and I'm looking forward to being on the other end and being an employee here and working together with my fellow co-workers at Palm Partners to help others in the community. So I hope you will all participate in it and it's a really great way to give back.
Dug: Hey family! I am here to share a ah a quick story as to why participating in the Basket Brigade is so, so important and... first of all I'd like you to just imagine (imagine) that moment when you were feeling down feeling just stressed and lost. I'm sure there's been a time when you've felt so empty and confused and maybe even a little hopeless and didn't know what to do and there was that one person or that one situation that someone just came up to you and whether it was a touch on the shoulder or a look that just said it's gonna be okay. I see you, I hear you, I feel you. I'm here for you, how can I help? And in that moment there's just a part of you that started to come alive in you and you realized that you can access the tools inside you to step up to do whatever it takes. And you found a way, and maybe you look back and remember that moment that someone, it could've been a stranger, it could've been someone close to you or someone you never ever saw again that gave you hope. That gave you a chance. That gave you the acknowledgement, the recognition of you as a human being. How powerful is that?
Farrell: Hey my name is Farrell Buchman, I'm a supervisor over in the residential department. I'm getting involved in the Basket Brigade because I want the opportunity to work with families less fortunate than myself. And to work with a great group of people here at Palm Partners and I think that you should get involved.
Doris: Last year, I went with (uh, I believe )Brian Woodside in our van and we fed uh we went to a place that fed 100 families of the 475 and it was just amazing to see that in our own backyard there's people that are in such dire need of food. So when you think about getting in the mail all those things about feeding families overseas (Africa, Europe) just remember that right here in our own community, our own backyard in Delray, there are thousands of people that need to be fed. And this time at Thanksgiving is one of the best times to be able to give back to our community.
Dug: So, if that's important to you, adding value and being part of something bigger than yourself is important to you I can't wait to see you there cause we'll be all there celebrating. So uhh, that's all I got, I love you for who you are and who you're not. Thank You.
Doris: So for growth and contribution which are our highest level of needs, I encourage everyone in this company and throughout the community to come and volunteer for the Basket Brigade. It's just uh an excellent, as you can see from the picture from last year, just an excellent time for comradery and for all of us to get together and do it. The clients put together the bags and we deliver them ourselves and you just won't be able to, it'll bring a tear to my eye...you won't be able to know how it feels when someone comes up to you and says thank you that they weren't going to be fed at all for Thanksgiving but because of our Basket Brigade they will. So I encourage each and every one of you to contribute and to give this year and join the Basket Brigade. Thank you.
About Harrigan Foundation
The Harrigan Foundation a public charity under 501 (c) 3, was founded by Peter Harrigan in honor of his late father to ensure that those in financial need receive the treatment for addiction and trauma. The Harrigan Foundation' interests are in the spirit of giving to those persons in society who are less fortunate than others regardless of circumstances.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:27 Palm Partners Review: Sally has been sober one year thanks to Palm Partners!by PalmPartnersRecovery82 views
- 2:22 Chris from Palm Partners Admissions Department - Part 2by PalmPartnersRecovery105 views
- 2:07 "I owe my life to them" -Palm Partners Reviewby PalmPartnersRecovery89 views
- 5:42 How to Get Sober - Presented by Palm Partnersby PalmPartnersRecovery64 views
- 24:09 Center basket Palmby Massorak Fletcher68 views
- 2:25 Steve J and Recovery at Palm Partners Rehab Center in Delray Beach, FLby PalmPartnersRecovery125 views
- 1:36 "Palm Partners saved my life." - Palm Partners Recovery Center Reviewby PalmPartnersRecovery196 views
- 12:06 Palm m100 Model.wmvby mlwy45688 views
- 4:09 Chris Spagna from Palm Partners Admissions Department - Part 6by PalmPartnersRecovery62 views
- 1:57 Thanksgiving Basket Brigade needs volunteersby Pierce County Television98 views
- 1:14 Harrison Shares His Addiction and Recovery Story at Palm Partnersby PalmPartnersRecovery57 views
- 1:59 Chris Spagna, Admissions Coordinator at Palm Partners - Part 1by PalmPartnersRecovery183 views
- 2:03 How to Get Sober - Palm Partners Recovery Centerby PalmPartnersRecovery127 views
- 0:58 Palm Partners Review-"Palm Partners gave me a chance to be a dad"by PalmPartnersRecovery26 views
- 2:43 Thanksgiving for Everyone & The Basket Brigade!by RosyReport27 views
- 1:49 Jessica: Graduate of Palm Partners Recovery Center in Delray Beach, FLby PalmPartnersRecovery257 views
- 10:16 Gizmología. TV: Palm Tungsten E2by hipertextual49,577 views
- 1:54 Addicted To Painkillers - Evan Discusses His Drug Addiction and Recovery at Palm Partnersby PalmPartnersRecovery538 views
- 15:30 Palm M105by BBISHOPPCM's World5,902 views
- 1:33 Case Manager with Sachi Ananda of Palm Partners - Part 4by PalmPartnersRecovery81 views
- Loading more suggestions...