Sweet and crispy chicken wings ("dak kang jung")
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 23, 2008
Full recipe is on my website: http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/dakkan...
Dak kang jung is another popular traditional Korean dish and is usually made with chunks of chicken from a whole chicken. But I'm using chicken wings with the same recipe. Each chicken wing is coated with a sweet and crispy sauce, it's really mouthwatering.
Ingredients: 40 pieces of chicken wings, salt, flour, starch powder, eggs, ground pepper, vegetable oil, ginger,soy sauce, brown sugar, corn syrup (mulyeot), vinegar, peanuts, sesame seeds, dried andcrushed red hot chili pepper. Bread and Deep fry:
1. Prepare 40 chicken wings or chunks of chicken, rinse them off in cold water and drain them.
2. Transfer the chicken into a big bowl.
3. Add 2 ts of salt, 1 ts of ground pepper, 2 eggs, and the mixture of ½ cup of flour and ½ cup of starch powder. Mix it by hand.
4. Deep fry the chicken wings in vegetable oil 2 times at about 350-380 degrees (F).
Sauce for coating:
1. Prepare a big wok or pan.
2. Place 1 cup of water in the wok and heat it up.
3. Slice 1 cup of ginger thinly after peeling the skin off and washing, and add it into the boiling water.
4. Add 2 tbs of soy sauce, 1 cup of brown sugar, ¼ cup of vinegar and boil it over medium heat.
5. 5 minutes after, add 1 cup of corn syrup and keep boiling over low medium heat about 30 minutes.
6. Raise a spoon of the sizzling sauce above the wok in the air and drop it until the sauce begins stopping halfway. Then turn off the stove.
Mix it up:
1. Reheat the sauce.
2. Add the deep fried chicken, 1 cup of peanuts (or any kind of nuts), 1/2 tbs dried red hot chili pepper, and ½ cup of toasted sesame seeds into the sizzling sauce and mix it with a spatula. The amount of sticky sauce will decrease while you are stirring. Then turn off the heat and you are done!
Tip: Before the chicken cools down, you may have to separate each piece of chicken wings to prevent them from sticking to each other.
For spicy food lover: You can sprinkle 2 tbs of dried and crushed red chili pepper instead of 1/2 tbs.
For vegetarians: Just make the sauce following the recipe above, and then add whatever dried ingredients you like and make candy! You can use sliced ginger, nuts (almond, walnuts, pine nuts, and peanuts), or sesame seeds.
1. Place plastic wrap on your cutting board
2. After mixing all the dried ingredients with the sticky sauce, spread it on the plastic wrapper on your cutting board. Wait a few minutes for it to harden.
3. Cut it into bite size pieces and enjoy!
Standard YouTube License
- 12:46 Steamed pork bunsby MaangchiFeatured 376,824
- 6:18 Korean spicy stir-fried porkby Maangchi 326,152 views
- 9:50 Making japchae (Korean stir fried noodles and vegetables)by Maangchi 427,751 views
- 9:11 Making mandu (Korean dumplings)by Maangchi 365,057 views
- 9:12 Korean beef barbecue ("LA Galbi")by Maangchi 353,172 views
- 125 videos Play all Food, Glorious Food!by CarlGorn
- 6:35 Chicken and rice porridge (dakjuk)by Maangchi 137,104 views
- 8:43 Orange Chickenby panlasangpinoy 1,015,743 views
- 6:30 Pork bone soup ("gamjatang")by Maangchi 265,559 views
- 8:45 Korean spicy seafood noodle soup (jjampong)by Maangchi 248,396 views
- 8:03 Braised chicken with vegetablesby Maangchi 183,435 views
- 8:03 Sweet pancakes (hoddeok)by Maangchi 295,141 views
- 6:32 Egg side dishesby Maangchi 246,246 views
- 10:44 Korean grilled pork belly BBQ ("samgyeopsal")by Maangchi 280,879 views
- 9:55 Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Buttercreamby SeriousCakes 862,978 views
- 7:15 Soondubu jjigae (hot and spicy soft tofu stew)by Maangchi 648,347 views
- 9:39 Bibimbapby Maangchi 610,395 views
- 8:53 Spicy Korean beef and vegetable soup ("yukgaejang")by Maangchi 154,651 views
- 4:23 Cheese Puffsby panlasangpinoy 558,250 views
- 9:58 Korean ginger cookies ("maejakgwa")by Maangchi 81,931 views
- 4:30 KFC FRIED CHICKEN - VIDEO RECIPEby robjnixon 2,470,834 views
- Loading more suggestions...