Mayday - Yakovlev Yak-50, Engine out forced landing video - www.AirCrashObserver.com
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 12, 2010
Post major maintenance/life extension at Yak UK Ltd a YAK 50 loses oil pressure over the Lake District at 1250ft. Engine runs until dry before seizing, gearbox u/s and windmilling prop at 3100ft followed by glide, wheels up as per ops (no flaps on the 50) into a rough field with an upslope of 12-14 degrees at 500ft amsl.
First impact to full stop 47 metres, first belly impact approx 35 metres.
Aircraft did not go through a wall, starboard aileron did contact with a fence post.
Wind reported at Carlisle less than 5kts - windmills visible not turning and shutdown. Ground soft. When the engine seized it caused the reduction gearbox to disintegrate hence a windmillling prop and engine shut down with mags off and fuel cut. On inspection the cylinders completely solid, engine core since scrapped. Aircraft repaired and will be airworthy. US 'Strong' parachute worn.
Camera Contour HD 1080i. Lens 135 degree view
Watch video: http://www.bremont.com/mayday.php
Yakovlev Yak-50, G-YAKK: Bothel, Cumbria - Engine out forced landing video
Pilot: Andy Wilson
Bremont Watch: ALT1-P/BK
Location: Bothel, Cumbria
Date of occurrence: 10 April 2010
Category: General Aviation - Fixed Wing
Details: The aircraft was on a local flight from Carlisle Airport when the engine failed due to loss of oil pressure. The windscreen became partially obscured with an oil film but the pilot was able to make a forced landing in a field, during which the aircraft was substantially damaged. He vacated the aircraft unaided, but later attended hospital as his injuries became more apparent. On examining the engine, the pilot identified that the oil pressure adjustment valve was missing from the oil scavenge pump housing. It was found in the lower cowling with no evidence of the expected wire locking. He believed that the valve had worked loose and fallen out during the accident flight, causing the oil loss. The aircraft had recently undergone extensive maintenance at EGMJ which included an overhaul of the oil scavenge pump assembly. Initial flights following this work revealed a small oil leak in the area of the pump, which at the time, was thought to be have been remedied by an engineer tightening the small vertical bolts adjacent to the pressure adjustment valve.
To see the AAIB FULL REPORT please got to www.AirCrashObserver.com
Standard YouTube License
- 4:19 Avicii - Hey Brother (Lyric)by AviciiOfficialVEVO Featured 12,674,556
- 15:02 Reporter fails compilation 2013 funny News Bloopersby onlybestonly4,743,782 views
- 8:46 Russian Road Rage and Accidents October 2013 [18+] ☆ SFBby SerbianFailBlog2,636,560 views
- 7:00 Fatal Plane Crash Recorded From Inside The Planeby av8rdav1,312,878 views
- 4:19 Cessna 182 Engine Failure - Crash Landingby AppReviewerWill653,938 views
- 9:38 Unlimited Air Racer 'Voodoo' Heat 3A with mayday landing.by Voodoo165070,582 views
- 4:06 Now That's Flyin'by CaptainSmails355,933 views
- 14:59 AIRCRAFT NEAR MISS AND UNUSUAL INCIDENT COMPILATIONby leeveraction3,975,546 views
- 4:07 drunk guy steals a plane at an airshow! CRAZY!by Tucker Minor297,458 views
- 5:17 Emergency Landing Cessna 170Bby Barry Arnold678,833 views
- 2:33 Boeing C-17 Globemaster crash B-52 Jet Crash All Hell breaks loose Roy Dawson Realtor videoby Roy Dawson5,497,566 views
- 18:13 GoPro HD: C152 - Austin to Fredericksburg for Lunchby MrAviation10179,790 views
- 1:56 Engine Failure at final to Landby Adriano Gazzo499,390 views
- 3:04 Boeing 777 Engine Failure during Takeoffby Flight225,057 views
- 7:46 Convair B-58 Hustler - "Emergency Edwards AFB" - 9/18/61by Classic Airliners & Vintage Pop Culture148,468 views
- 1:57 Relentless mayday 9_14_2010.mp4by Voodoo1650278,166 views
- 4:39 Cessna 172 captured by the crosswind gust right before landing from the cockpitby aeroflot55307,963 views
- 3:25 F16 true engine out dead stick landingby Jason Ensminger364,774 views
- 3:44 Saving the Day: Hero pilots, survivors describe jet's 'miracle' landingby RT2,642,360 views
- 2:22 VFR pilot enters IFR conditions MAYDAY ATC recordsby Garik Pilotyan145,504 views
- Loading more suggestions...