Published on Nov 13, 2012
Here's another fun transformation of an old sweater.
Sweater Into Skirt, Mittens and Beanie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skzvxi...
Sewing Elastic Basics (Technique that was used is at 2:12): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ZD88...
1) I did not add seam allowances to the pattern. Cable knit is extremely stretchy and it will fit better without seam allowances. There is a chance it might even be too loose. You will have to play around with it.
2) Some sweaters might not have side seams. You can pin or mark the side seam to give you an idea where it would be. Flatten out the sweater and mark the sides. Then move on with the rest of the tutorials.
3) The gap closing will alter the fit. Again it's knit so it will stretch to contour your body shape. THIS WILL NEVER WORK ON ANY OTHER NON-STRETCH FABRIC.
4) I left an extra inch at the top of the shorts when I am cutting. You can add the inch to the pattern so you don't forget.
5) I used a plastic needle because it was easier to see and is much faster. You can find it in the knitting section of any craft or fabric store.
Main Channel: www.youtube.com/secretlifeofabionerd
My vlog: www.youtube.com/bionerd2
My brother's vlog: www.youtube.com/vtec01
Gelato's channel: www.youtube.com/gelatodavinci
Audio file(s) provided by http://www.audiomicro.com
Got left over craft items? Send them here.
P.O Box 66154
Houston, TX 77266
Standard YouTube License