WINDOWS VISTA UPGRADE. Should you upgrade or not?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 9, 2007
READ THIS! My VISTA IS NOW RUNNING over 9 months and works perfectly from the clean install. BUT......
And the case opening scenario is a PARODY! (A Joke, just for fun!)
I'm a retired (15 months ago) (Microsoft Systems Engineer)Burroughs/Unisys.
I did plenty of research before I started the upgrade and with my colleagues too.
Vista has only been out 5 months, so many issues are still to be discovered.
And if you think I'm alone, just Google "Vista installation problems" and see for yourself!
This video was made to let my OLDER customers (who want to upgrade) know there MAY be issues and to expect them.
Also, I have TOP QUALITY computer parts that are less than 2 yrs old, so don't say to me "You have an OLD CRAPPY computer" after looking at my case that even has a Hard Drive Dock built in front!
If MS comes out with Vista 2, are you going to run down and buy a new computer...? Me either!
You young folks with obvious unlimited funds, (who must be buying new computers every year to keep up with Microsoft), forget that some of us old computer pioneers don't waste money or want to waste that many man hours re-loading 12 years of programs and their ONLINE updates that can't get backed up.
(Of course you younger computer guys, who haven't been in it that long), don't have many programs to loose, I guess!)
All Windows upgrades since 95 worked for me!
BESIDES, the windows UPGRADE adviser said I COULD upgrade to Windows Vista HOME basic (which you would assume means also the more expensive Premium too) and mentioned nothing about my motherboard.
So "Get a tech at Staples to do it for me", you say!? Come on, give me a break!
The techs around here, still don't even have XP wired yet, so you think they know everything about Vista in 5 months?
Where did they go to school, like I did?
And for you folks who say "Put Vista on a second partition". Come on!
You still have to re-install the programs you want to run in Vista on that partition too or you have REBOOT each time to go back to run them in XP.
That is a total waste of space and time.
(Again, you can't just switch back to XP without Re BOOTING!)
Think about that inconvenience!
Then some of you say "Just do a backup of your files and all will be well", which is just as ignorant! Why?
Because you still have to install all those XP programs in the VISTA OS to run those files.
(It's kinda like saving all your music CD's but having nothing to play them on!)
Some of those old software programs (That I use and like) haven't even been RE-WRITTEN to run on Vista Yet!
I changed my hardware (against my will), and put my (old???) 200Gb ATA XP drive in as a second drive.
(See my response video on how to change a motherboard).
Once everything was running well and my programs re-installed, I cloned the whole new Vista system on a brand new backup hard drive, as I do for many of my customers and put it away, in case of a HD failure.
Then if something goes wrong, I'll just pop it in and it will boot up.
All of you should do that anyway, because nothing is 100% and hard drives fail.
Why lose it all again?
And for you who say "Why don't I have a DVD Player in my machine? "Geez!
Give me a break! I watch DVDs on my big screen HDTV, not on the computer!
I already spend too much time in front of the computer, let alone sit and watch a dvd movie too!
Until recently, all software used to be on CDs not DVDs.
I have been asked to teach computer classes in a city near me, where there are 27 computers in the the Senior Center.
Guess what? None of them have DVDs, yet those older folks are craving to learn Vista and want to upgrade.
(Were not dead yet, kiddos!)
That requires putting in DVDs in each one...which will be expensive for them.
Then some of you said, "You could get 5 cds from Microsoft to install Vista".
Let me tell you, there is nothing on the box that says that anywhere!
When I asked the guys at Best Buy (where I bought my copy) about that, they all said "no way" and didn't sell anything like that either.
If that was an option, they would have it. Come on!
Downloading the Vista upgrade is just as worthless, if it won't run and in all likely hood, it won't on computers that are only 2 years old with XP SP2, a SHAME!
Maybe some of you can actually relate to some of these issues too (those that will admit it) and will see some humor in it.
All Windows upgrades before Vista, simply and easily installed and upgraded without issues.
I wrongly expected the same for Vista.
Again, this video was made to help you (and my customers) decide what to do and to expect some issues.
Please don't Pre-Judge and maybe you will have better luck,
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Flash Light" on
- 9:55 A real MOTHER.......BOARD!by NightFlyyer81,751 views
- 11:30 The Orange Transmitter. A Comprehensive test review by NightFlyyer.by NightFlyyer24,077 views
- 8:56 One of the FIRST WINDOWS LAPTOP computers is demonstrated.by NightFlyyer162,007 views
- 9:31 How I cloned my Hard drive.by NightFlyyer313,308 views
- 8:10 Make your Windows Vista Fly!by BetaFlux164,745 views
- 5:33 Quitar la contraseña de Windows 7, Vista y XP [TUTORIAL]by TheForce291144,731 views
- 9:31 Remove Windows Vista And Install Windows XPby thesmartdjmarsh64,064 views
- 5:08 How to Bypass Windows Vista Activation Indefinitelyby Alicia C45,375 views
- 10:01 Pirillo Vlog 170 - What Doesn't Chris Understand?by Chris Pirillo8,520 views
- 1:26 Windows Vista: BSOD after 1 minute!!by mkonsel97,244 views
- 5:24 How to Remove Windows (XP / Vista / 7) Passwords - With Commentary!by BamaComputerRepair59,750 views
- 2:27 Windows Vista Sure likes Blueby fatjoe15166,151 views
- 7:51 How to Fix,"Windows Audio Service is Not Enabled" With Subtitlesby Frankieseshy49,297 views
- 7:43 Bootable USB Drive With Windows XP/Vista/7/8 Using WinToFlash[Tutorial]by JAGTutorials42,203 views
- 4:30 The Volume Icon disappeared ! - Fix Tutorial for Windows 7 / Vistaby MrJayBusch103,097 views
- 6:19 Create Bootable USB Flash Drive for Windows 8, 7, Vista or XPby windowsphonesupport48,801 views
- 12:25 PS3 Controller Installation On Windows Vista/7/8 (NO MOTIONINJOY) Easier Methodby pain97541,841 views
- 11:11 Speed up ANY Computer or Laptop by 200% - Windows 7/8/Vista/XP (HD)by RainfordStudiosMedia140,871 views
- 4:25 How To Make Windows Vista Very Fastby BioHazardTech30,946 views
- 2:13 Vista install in 2 minutesby Anthony Cumia4,193,180 views
- Loading more suggestions...