Uploaded on Aug 8, 2007
This is something that you can make quickly with leftover vegetables in your refrigerator.
Full recipe: http://www.maangchi.com/recipes/ya-ch...
1/2 cup flour, 2/3 cup water, 1 ts salt, 1 egg, some scallop and shrimp (optional),some green onions, Asian chives, zucchini, and green chili pepper and vegetable oil.
1. Place ½ cup of flour, 1 ts salt, ⅔ cup of water in a big bowl and mix it.
2. Chop ½ cup worth of green onions, 3 cups of Asian chives, and shred ½ cup of zucchini. This will make 4 cups of vegetables.
3. Put chopped vegetable into the mixture of flour and water and mix it up.
4. Chop 2/3 cup worth of shrimp and scallop.
5. In a big heated pan, put some oil and spread the vegetable pancake batter thinly. Lower the heat down to medium.
6. Place the chopped seafood over the top and press it down with a spoon or spatula.
7. When the pancake is cooked about 70%, beat one egg and spread it in the center of the pancake and cook a few minutes over low heat.
8. Turn the pancake over with a spatula.
9. Add more oil if needed, and serve it hot with dipping sauce by mixing 1 tbs of soy sauce and ½ tbs of vinegar.
*tip: To make it crispier, add oil more generously and use your spatula to lift the edge of your pancake so that vegetable oil can reach the center. Press the pancake slightly with your spatula.