Published on Jul 27, 2012
This video will show you how to make Japanese Style Chicken Tikka Masala. Chicken Tikka Masala is the most popular dish in British restaurants.
London 2012 Olympic is coming soon, so this is the perfect dish to entertain your family and friends during the Olympic games :)
Chicken Tikka Masala (Butter Chicken Curry)
Number of servings: 4
Calories per serving: 287Kcal
2 pieces = 31.7g (1.1oz.) House Kokumaro Curry Sauce Mix (Med Hot) *we call it "curry roux". you can choose either med hot or hot.
200g (7oz.) chicken breast
1/2 medium (100g=3.5oz.) onion
190ml salted tomato juice
100ml fresh cream
20g (0.7oz.) butter
1 tsp. soy sauce
80g (2.8oz.) sweetened yogurt
2 tbsp. ketchup
4 servings cooked rice
1. Slice the chicken breast into bite-size pieces and season with sweetened yogurt and ketchup. Slice the onion.
2. Heat the butter in a frying pan and saute the onions on medium until soft and lightly browned.
3. Add the seasoned chicken breast and simmer on medium, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes. When the chicken starts to change color, add salted tomato juice and water, then simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat, break up the curry roux into the pot, and mix well until completely melted. *make sure you stop the heat when you add the curry roux, otherwise it won't blend well.
5. Then put on the heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
6. Add fresh cream and soy sauce, and let boil for a few seconds.
7. Serve curry on a hot bed of rice and sprinkle with some parsley flakes if desired. You can serve with naan bread of course!
*curry and rice is best eaten on the day it's made but if you have any leftover, store it in the fridge and finish it on the next day, but it is not recommended.
*if you have leftover curry roux, wrap in a plastic wrap and store it in the fridge and use within a week.
♥Facebook Fan Page♥ Please "Like" me ;)
♥Visit my Blog for more Recipes♥
♥My Recipe Posts♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Standard YouTube License