Pelé - more than 250 goals - Part 2
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 24, 2012
-Zico: "This debate about the player of the century is absurd. There's only one possible answer: Pele. He's the greatest player of all time, and by some distance I might add."
Pele's 1283 goals: http://pele.m-qp-m.us/english/pele_st...
-Cesar Luis Menotti: "The best of all was Pele, who is a mixture of Di Stefano, Maradona, Cruyff and Leo Messi."
-Osvaldo Ardiles: Pele really had everything -- goalscoring ability, a great passer, good in the air, quick, he used both feet, almost the perfect footballer. Many words have been written about Pele but his record speaks for itself --more than 1,000 goals and three World Cup victories. He also played at a time when attacking players were not protected by referees as much as they are today.
-Bobby Moore: "Pele was the most complete player I've ever seen, he had everything. Two good feet. Magic in the air. Quick. Powerful. Could beat people with skill. Could outrun people. Only 5ft 8in tall, yet he seemed a giant of an athlete on the pitch. Perfect balance and impossible vision. He was the greatest because he could do anything and everything on a football pitch. I remember Saldhana the coach being asked by a Brazilian journalist who was the best goalkeeper in his squad. He said Pele. The man could play in any position."
-Ferenc Puskas: "The greatest player in history was Di Stefano. I refuse to classify Pele as a player. He was above that."
-Romario: "Messi has all the conditions to be the best, but first he has to beat Maradona, Romario and then eventually Pele."
-Costa Pereira: "I arrived hoping to stop a great man, but I went away convinced I had been undone by someone who was not born on the same planet as the rest of us."
-Michel Platini: "There's Pele the man, and then Pele the player. And to play like Pele is to play like God."
-Eusebio: "Pele played in an era which had so many great players and in that atmosphere he stood out above the others. He was the complete player in every aspect as well as being a kind human being. Cristiano Ronaldo is young yet, and has many years ahead of himself. But as of now, I do not see anyone who can compare with Pele"
-Johan Cruyff: "Pele was the only footballer who surpassed the boundaries of logic."
-Alfredo Di Stefano: "The best player ever? Pele. Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are both great players with specific qualities, but Pele was better."
-Sir Bobby Charlton: "I sometimes feel as though football was invented for this magical player."
-Tostao: "Pele was the greatest -- he was simply flawless. And off the pitch he is always smiling and upbeat. You never see him bad-tempered. He loves being Pele."
-Franz Beckenbauer: "Pele is the greatest player of all time. He reigned supreme for 20 years. All the others - Diego Maradona, Johan Cruyff, Michel Platini - rank beneath him. There's no one to compare with Pele." -
-Tarcisio Burgnich: "Before the match, I told myself that Pele was just flesh and bones like the rest of us. Later I realised I'd been wrong."
-Cesar Luis Menotti: "It's ugly to compare but the greatest was Pele. If we believe that God made man, the "black" Pelé he made him perfect. He gave him everything. He lacked nothing, header, physical power, dribbling, finishing, inspiration, genius, temper, vision, goal. Everything."¨
-Gianni Rivera: "However, I do think there's someone who was even better(than Messi) and that's Pele. He used both feet on the pitch. He was as dangerous with his right as he was with his left. He was strong in the air as well, and created a lot of chances."
-Hugo Gatti: "Pelé had the skin of a player, head, pace, everything. He was a panther dressed in white, I played with him. He entered to play in the last minute and he could turn the match. And the big difference is that Pelé on the field created fear, Maradona not...For me, it is Pelé, Alfredo Di Stefano and Maradona, in that order. I appreciate Diego, he is a great player. But from another planet was Pelé, not him."
-Teófilo Cubillas: "I confronted him several times on the pitch and I think there will be noone like him."
-Mario Zagallo: "Pele represented everything in soccer because of what he has done on the pitch."
-Cristiano Ronaldo: "Pele is the greatest player in football history, and there would only be one Pele in the world."
-Geoffrey Green: "Di Stefano was manufactured on earth, Pele was made in heaven."
Best player you ever saw?
Alex Ferguson: Pelé, di Stefano, Maradona, Cruyff.
AC: In that order?
AF: Yes, I think so.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Music sounds better with you" on
Gilles David Orchestra
- 14:59 Pelé - more than 250 Goals in two videos - Part 1by 55bructrax5,993 views
- 14:28 Pelé rare amazing Dribbling Skills - VOLUME 1by 55bructrax983,951 views
- 13:37 Pelé - more than 250 goals - Part 2, RE-UPLOAD (with newly added goals)by 55bructrax1,449 views
- 32:19 Pele Training - part 1by dingoleh106,596 views
- 7:20 Pelé rare amazing Dribbling and Passing skills VOL. 2by 55bructrax189,952 views
- 5:13 1969 Pelé vs Englandby 55bructrax2,097 views
- 0:09 Pelé NEW rare goal (1962) - Hamburg SV (Uwe Seeler) vs Santosby 55bructrax2,914 views
- 9:45 Tostão - Documentário de 1969 sobre o eterno Ídolo do Cruzeiro - Jogo: Brasil 6x2 Colômbiaby cruzeiroevideos20,138 views
- 0:21 Alfredo Di Stéfano: "Pelé fue mejor que Messi y Cristiano Ronaldo"by 55bructrax1,253 views
- 6:11 Pele - They tried to stop himby BestofSantos5,593 views
- 3:07 Pele - Football Juggling @iamafreestylerby Legends of Freestyle Football228,002 views
- 9:37 El Rey indiscutido del Futbol - Inolvidable Pelé. Disfrútenloby Orlando Pérez Patiño814 views
- 0:10 Sir Pelé, a Goal like no other ! Unbelievable Goal ~rare footageby SirPeleForever1,084 views
- 10:38 Sócrates, the elegance of footballby warlock788546,944 views
- 5:13 El Ultimo Gol de Peleby Oscaar Julian Bahos Palacio84,740 views
- 7:38 Teofilo Cubillas: The Pele of Peruby FIFATV37,126 views
- 4:32 Pele 1000th goal and celebrationsby footoldies18,045 views
- 7:28 Pelé Passing Skills and Assists - VOLUME 1by 55bructrax6,062 views
- 14:49 Pelé part 1by FOOTBALLDOCTOR100,454 views
- 0:56 Pelé vs AS Roma (1960) Away (short highlights)by 55bructrax1,853 views
- Loading more suggestions...