Judgement - Mucić et al. (Part 1/2) - 16 November 1998
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 21, 2012
For more information: http://www.icty.org/x/cases/mucic/tju...
The trial of Zejnil Delalic, Zdravko Mucic, Hazim Delic and Esad Landzo (hereafter "accused"), before this Trial Chamber of the International Tribunal for the Prosecution of Persons Responsible for Serious Violations of International Humanitarian Law Committed in the Territory of the Former Yugoslavia since 1991 (hereafter "International Tribunal" or "Tribunal"), commenced on 10 March 1997 and came to a close on 15 October 1998.
The Indictment is concerned solely with events alleged to have occurred at a detention facility in the village of CelebiCi (hereafter "CelebiCi prison-camp"), located in the Konjic municipality, in central Bosnia and Herzegovina, during certain months of 1992. The Indictment charges the four accused with grave breaches of the Geneva Conventions of 1949, under Article 2 of the Statute, and violations of the laws or customs of war, under Article 3 of the Statute, in connection with acts allegedly perpetrated within the CelebiCi prison-camp.
During the entire relevant period, the accused Esad Landzo is alleged to have worked as a guard at the CelebiCi prison-camp. Hazim Delic and Zdravko Mucic are also alleged to have worked within the prison-camp and to have acted in the capacity of commanders, with Zdravko Mucic being commander, and Hazim Delic being deputy commander from May to November 1992, when he replaced Zdravko Mucic as commander. Zejnil Delalic is alleged to have exercised authority over the CelebiCi prison-camp in his role first as co-ordinator of the Bosnian Muslim and Bosnian Croat forces in the area, and later as Commander of the First Tactical Group of the Bosnian Army.
Esad Landzo and Hazim Delic are primarily charged with individual criminal responsibility pursuant to Article 7(1) of the Statute, as direct participants in certain of the crimes alleged, including acts of murder, torture and rape. Zdravko Mucic and Zejnil Delalic are primarily charged as superiors with responsibility, pursuant to Article 7(3) of the Statute, for crimes committed by their subordinates, including those alleged to have been committed by Esad Landzo and Hazim Delic. Several counts in the Indictment also charge Hazim Delic in his capacity as a superior with command responsibility.
Zejnil Delalic acquitted,
Zdravko Mucic sentenced to 7 years in prison,
Hazim Delic sentenced to 20 years in prison
Esad Landzo sentenced to 15 years in prison
Standard YouTube License
Next in Mucić et al.
- 32:24 Judgement - Kunarac et al. 22 February 2001by ICTY : TPIY : MKSJ 341 views
- 29:29 Judgement - Mucić et al. (Part 2/2) - 16 November 1998by ICTY : TPIY : MKSJ 98 views
- 13:06 Judgement - Tadić - 14 July 1997by ICTYtv 925 views
- 11:10 Judgement - Rašić (Contempt) - 7 February 2012by ICTYtv 256 views
- 40:59 Appeals Judgement - Mucić et al. 20 February 2001by ICTYtv 134 views
- 26:59 Initiatial Appearance - Delalić (Mucić et al.) - 9 May 1996by ICTYtv 88 views
- 1:26:35 Judgement - Krstić - 2 August 2001by ICTY : TPIY : MKSJ 764 views
- 12:09 Initial appearance - Landžo (Mucić et al.) - 18 June 1996by ICTYtv 121 views
- 45:22 Comparution initiale - Milošević, Slobodan (Partie 1/2) ( Session 1) - 29 octobre 2001by ICTYtv 100 views
- 44:27 Comparution initiale - Milošević, Slobodan (Partie 1/2) (Session 2) - 29 octobre 2001by ICTYtv 116 views
- 13:10 Initial Appearance - Delić (Mucić et al.) - 18 June 1996by ICTYtv 81 views
- 8:29 Logori za Srbe-Čelebići 1/8by ДЯS...Y...EИIJE 11,004 views
- 5:43 Weekly Press Briefing - 7 March 2012by ICTY : TPIY : MKSJ 497 views
- 1:10:21 Initial Appearance - Krstić - 7 December 1998by ICTYtv 242 views
- 21:45 Initial Appearance - Tadić - 26 April 1995by ICTYtv 348 views
- 18:31 Initial Appearance: Mladić (Part 1/3) - 3 June 2011by ICTYtv 64,193 views
- 15:15 Initial Appearance - Mucić (Mucić et al.) - 11 April 1996by ICTYtv 49 views
- 21:01 Appeals Judgement - Naletilić & Martinović (Part 1/2) - 3 May 2006by ICTY : TPIY : MKSJ 377 views
- 7:09 Initial Appearance - Nikolić, Drago (Popović et. al.) - 23 March 2005.by ICTYtv 153 views