[TF2] How to: make a distance fading spray in tf2-like games
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 19, 2010
Following Reag's tutorial at fpsbanana ( http://www.fpsbanana.com/tuts/9038 ), I decided to make a Youtube video showing how to make a distance fading spray for games using the source engine (like Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Age of Chivalry, Neotokyo, etc. ).
----Nvidia Photoshop Plugin ( http://developer.nvidia.com/object/ph... )
----DirectxSDK ( http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/de... needs Genuine Microsoft Windows)
If you have problems with Genuine Windows, just download DirectX Texture Tools here: http://www.mediafire.com/?w3ztzmjqjyn , it might work (I took it from tf2in.ru), but mipmaps are not visible ...
----VTFedit ( http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/V... )
----Quick & Dirty Bloodlines Tools v3.9a (.rar file: http://turvy.dommel.be/vampire/VPKToo... )
----An idea for a spray (www.hit-your-head-against-a-wall.com)
Then just follow reag's tutorial: http://www.fpsbanana.com/tuts/9038
"TF2 Custom Spray Image with Transparency" : http://www.denyerec.co.uk/posts/278
[Advanced] "Create Team Fortress 2 Sprays with Transparency": http://www.gamesprays.com/articles/tu...
Song: Requiem for a dream, lord of the rings "remix" of the song "Lux Aeterna", from the soundtrack of Requiem for a Dream movie, by Clint Mansell.
My Spy fading/disguising spray (UPDATED 21/09/12) :
Paste it into the following folder:
steam\steamapps\STEAMACCOUNT\team fortress 2\tf\materials\vgui\logos
This Video: http://www.mediafire.com/?ziajyztzw5z
Don't forget to suscribe!!
NB: if you cannot use photoshop or its plugin, then simply use Gimp
and its plugin: http://gimp-dds.googlecode.com/files/...
I don't use GIMP, so I don't know how to use it, sorry. Google it a bit, you should find out the solution ;)
UPDATE: It seems you must save the VTF file as a VMT before putting it in the logos folder, or the spray will not show up:
" I could not get the spray to show up without making a VMT file with VTF Edit and putting it in the logos folder " (said by WolfDemonProductions)
" Open VTF file in VTFedit and go to Options and make sure Auto Create VMT File is checked, if it is not, check it. Finally go to File - Save as and navigate to your steamapps\username\team fortress 2\tf\materials\VGUI\logos folder " (FPS Banana)"
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Introduction (feat. Starcrimes)" on
- 10:45 Paranoia 7 - Messing with the Enemy team in TF2by Kebab-Kastike10,490 views
- 50:29 [SFM+Gmod] 1 hour of funny tf2 clips !by Dupainemaniac | EN/FR Gaming35,915 views
- 6:41 CS:Source / TF2 - Distance fading Spraypaint tutorialby CSHenk28,125 views
- 16:24 Exclusive Gabe Newell Interview at Valve HQby SILVERMANIA222,283 views
- 3:18 TF2 Sprays Tutorial - Part 1by OdraMH71,450 views
- 6:16 How to make a Transarent spray - Team Fortress2by Superjan199238,324 views
- 3:51 How to make fading sprays for Team Fortress 2by 1stMoraProductions9,586 views
- 2:17 How to decal your Flair!by Guppylolz17,627 views
- 4:10 Meet the Medicby teamfortress21,459,823 views
- 5:44 How to make a fading spray for TF2 in GIMPby AdudenamedVince5,500 views
- 6:29 How to make animated sprays for HL2 DM, CS:S, TF2, DOD:S, in 3 easy steps- tutorial (HD)by andrewesquivel13,324 views
- 3:32 Scream Bloody Fortress [SFM]by Can't Sleep164,423 views
- 1:43 TF2 - How to activate THE GRINDby MrL3vin90,418 views
- 10:54 TF2 Sprays tutorialby SneakyFoxbp4,706 views
- 3:55 How To Lip Sync With Gmodby ExpoAlt73,597 views
- 2:22 Team Fortress 2 - Fading Spray Tutorialby Yurimutou20,942 views
- 7:27 How to install and make tf2 sprays workby bashiok35,159 views
- 2:19 How to download and import sprays to TF2by 27pianodude2781,341 views
- 16:14 TF2 - MVM Update - One vs All gameplay (offline mode) - Use More Gunby yandrooss4,448 views
- 5:50 How to make a distance fading sprayby Slugslinger2,271 views
- Loading more suggestions...