Energy Movie .wmv
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 22, 2010
Physical Science project, about ENERGY (:
There are 9 types of energy. Energy forms are either kinetic or potential. Kinetic energy forms are doing work like electrical, thermal, radiant, motion, and sound. Potential energy comes in forms that are stored including chemical, gravitational, mechanical, and nuclear.
Electrical Energy is what is stored in a battery, and can be used to power a cell phone or start a car. Electrical energy is delivered by tiny charged particles called electrons, typically moving through a wire. Lightning is an example of electrical energy in nature. Electrical energy can be produced in several ways. It can be produced by a generator but it can also be produced by a battery in a chemical reaction. Some objects that use electrical energy are television, toaster, microwave, computer and cell phones.
Thermal Energy, or heat, is the vibration and movement of the atoms and molecules in objects. As an object is heated up, its atoms and molecules move and collide faster. Geothermal energy is the thermal energy in the Earth. The sun is the biggest source for thermal energy. Some examples of Thermal energy are A fire, rubbing your hands together causing friction, and boiling water.
Radiant Energy is electromagnetic energy that travels in waves. Radiant energy includes visible light, x-rays, gamma rays and radio waves. Light is one type of radiant energy. Sunshine is radiant energy, which provides the fuel and warmth that make life on Earth possible.
Motion Energy is energy stored in the movement of objects. The faster they move, the more energy is stored. It takes energy to get an object moving and energy is released when an object slows down. Wind is an example of motion energy. Some examples are a moving car, and a swinging swing.
Sound is the movement of energy through substances in longitudinal waves. Sound is produced when a force causes an object or substance to vibrate. The energy is transferred through the substance in a wave.
Chemical Energy is energy stored in the bonds of atoms and molecules. Energy is stored in the bonds of the molecules that make up food. When we eat the food, the large molecules are broken down into smaller molecules that can be used by the cells of the body. Some examples are petroleum, natural gas, and coal.
Gravitational Energy is energy stored in an object's height. The higher and heavier the object, the more gravitational energy is stored.
Mechanical Energy is energy stored in objects by pressure. Some examples are compressed springs, stretched rubber bands, moving water such as river and sliding objects.
Nuclear Energy is energy stored in the nucleus of an atom. Very large amounts of energy can be released when the nuclei are combined or split apart. When Nuclei are spilt, its called fission. When the nuclei combine, its called fusion.
Kinetic energy can also be converted to potential energy. When you ride a bicycle down a steep hill and pick up speed, the gravitational energy is being changed into to motion energy. Another example is when you put your hand over a hot stove you can feel the heat. You are feeling thermal energy in transfer. The atoms and molecules in the metal of the burner are moving very rapidly because the electrical energy from the wall outlet has increased the thermal energy in the burner.
Another example is Electricity can be used to transfer energy from one place to another. Things with energy can make other things happen. For example, electricity transfers energy from the power station to our house where it is used to make objects work. It makes our hair dryers and stoves operate. Another example is when the burning of fossil fuels or the heat from nuclear reactions produces steam that powers a generator which, in turn, creates electricity.
Energy makes change possible. We use it to do things for us. It moves cars along the road and boats over the water. It bakes a cake in the oven and keeps ice frozen in the freezer. It plays our favorite songs on the radio and lights our homes. Energy is needed for our bodies to grow and it allows our minds to think.
Standard YouTube License
- 29:14 Extremely Powerful Pure Clean Positive Energy - Raise Vibration - Binauralby GeniusBrainPower Featured 863,165
- 1:08:50 The Truth Behind The Energy Lie(What The Energy Cartels Don't Want You To See) full movieby alan carnagey228,788 views
- 59:01 The Secret Life of the National Grid - Wiring the Nationby Carbis Tribe3,505 views
- 34:15 Electromagnetic Spectrum Basicsby NewGuardNetwork205,771 views
- 8:38 Fission And Fusionby Best0fScience160,013 views
- 16 videos Play all -Types of Energy-by edupartnerplaylists
- 9:02 Potential and Kinetic Energyby Anthony Arcaro96,197 views
- 8:02 Neodymium Magnets Magnetic Ball Spins for over five minutes LOW FRICTION BEARINGby GREENPOWERSCIENCE49,219 views
- 6:46 Testing Human Energyby rmorfen1,078,438 views
- 6:02 Bill Nye The Science Guy - Energyby Todd Laney99,479 views
- 6:02 There Is No Energy Crisis, There is a Crisis of Ignoranceby GENICorp122,558 views
- 3:24 Energy 101: Solar Powerby energynownews109,540 views
- 8:26 7 Types (forms) of Energy: MRS CHENby MrPetersonScience4,948 views
- 14:53 Yo no soy tonto: Energía gratis ilimitada (el secreto mejor guardado explicado)by ALRO GM605,274 views
- 1:32 Free Energy Light Bulbby mopatin96,901 views
- 1:03:27 ENERGIA MECANICA EJERCICIOS Y PROBLEMAS RESUELTOS DE PREPARATORIA PREUNIVERSITARIAby FISICAA19,680 views
- 3:18 Everything Is Energyby AwakeningAlchemist853,667 views
- 13:57 Potential and Kinetic Energy Exchange. Conservation of Energyby dcaulf29,191 views
- 7:30 Exposed ? Free Energy Magnet Motorby Photonicinduction697,942 views
- 3:34 Energy, Work and Powerby Bozeman Science45,932 views