Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 29, 2009
Thank you for taking a look at the bike in action. I am very pleased that people are taking an interest in the bike. I have to say it has taken me quite by surprise.
Firstly I must stress that this is only a prototype, a design which I made in a very short space of time for a show. As a result I built the prototype to demonstrate the concept and not as a finished production piece. I could only make about 40 percent of the components that I have currently designed for this bike.
I entered the James Dyson Award to try to gain funding to take the project forward. For better or worse, this is why the design has entered the public domain at this early stage, but I hope this may have the benefit that people will see the design develop.
I will now try to answer a few of the queries that people have in lots of cases quite rightly made.
Hydraulics (on this prototype, others have chains and belts).
I completely agree that hydraulic drive is not going to wipe traditional chains off the face of the earth. I am sorry but just couldn't resist, as this is just a forward looking concept bike .
I decided that the technology should be included because it offers such advantages if it can be made to work well enough; no oil and grease being the main one but also that the bike becomes, on the surface at least, aesthetically simpler, and avoiding the problem of chains becoming clogged with dirt and grime and consequently becoming less efficient.
As for the short handle for pulling along when folded, the next prototype will include would be telescopic handlebar.
The Seat Post is fully adjustable.
The MISSING CRANK.
The filming was done at the last minute for a show and originally intended only for that audience. In the rush a bolt was lost, but my only option at the time was to continue filming regardless. Now that the film is being scrutinized on a wider level it has become very obvious, but at least the film does show how the bike works.
I now realize I have already written quite a lot. If anyone has any technical question feel free to email me. I will do my best to answer in the coming days, but I'm sure you will understand a backlog of emails has already built up.
Thank you for showing interest in the design. I'll try to keep you informed on progress.
To look at my other work go to www.eyetohand.com
Standard YouTube License
- 1:17 Ditch the Chain, a New Type of Bicycle Is Hereby AssociatedPressFeatured 2,007,886
- 7:11 The fastest human powered bicycleby Power In Motion 1,394,561 views
- 7:48 Automatic Bicycle Transmission (IVT)by SIMKINETICS 3,111,485 views
- 3:44 The Picycleby losangelestimes 652,135 views
- 3:06 Monsterbikeby wautur 7,303,502 views
- NYCeWheels, electric bike, folding bikes, kick scooter 101 videos5K
- 1:21 Chainsaw Bikeby Jeff Rice 24,031,373 views
- 1:57 Fun with Pacific IF Modeby Pacific Cycles 99,761 views
- 1:08 VOLKSWAGEN ELECTRIC BICYCLEby mahdialavi 328,950 views
- 6:53 Concept Bikes Extravaganza Slideshow!by TheOneAndOnlyMichel 3,979,624 views
- 37 videos Play all Bicyclesby unowild
- 0:39 Hydraulic Bicycleby alutchik 267,568 views
- 8:04 A-Bike & Strida Folding Bikes Testedby Mark Sanders 421,640 views
- 6:30 Strida 5.0by siamstrida 170,846 views
- 5:23 IF Reach folding bike - Video Reviewby nycewheels 60,967 views
- 3:11 Folding Plug H 264by MrMinKyuChoi 567,309 views
- 10:28 MICROFACTORY MOW Processby yabsil 33,078 views
- 3:06 The Hawk - Folding Bike Demonstrationby Steve Goodwin 266,890 views
- 4:49 Brompton folding bike - Travel casesby nycewheels 112,848 views
- 2:19 Electric Bike by Volkswagen Auto China 2010by AutoMotoTV 668,311 views
- 4:57 Tern Link D8 folding bike, best value Tern bicycleby nycewheels 82,251 views
- 3:30 Cool Folding Bike Conceptsby instablogs 68,365 views
- Loading more suggestions...