Valley of Flowers - Valley View : Part 3
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 12, 2012
Valley of Flowers National Park is an Indian national park, nestled high in West Himalaya, is renowned for its meadows of endemic alpine flowers and outstanding natural beauty. It is located in Uttarakhand state. This richly diverse area is also home to rare and endangered animals, including the Asiatic black bear, snow leopard, brown bear and blue sheep. The gentle landscape of the Valley of Flowers National Park complements the rugged mountain wilderness of Nanda Devi National Park to the east. Together they encompass a unique transition zone between the mountain ranges of the Zanskar and Great Himalaya. The park stretches over an expanse of 87.50 km². Both parks are encompassed in the Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve (223,674 ha) which is further surrounded by a buffer zone (5,148.57 km²). This Reserve is in the UNESCO World Network of Biosphere Reserves since 2004.
The Valley of Flowers is an outstandingly beautiful high-altitude Himalayan valley that has been acknowledged as such by renowned mountaineers and botanists in literature for over a century and in Hindu religion for much longer. Its 'gentle' landscape, beautiful meadows of alpine flowers and ease of access complement the rugged, mountain wilderness for which the inner basin of Nanda Devi National Park is renowned.
The Valley of Flowers is splashed with colour as it bloomed with hundreds of different flowers, taking on various shades of colours as time progressed. The valley was declared a national park in 1982 and now it is a World Heritage Site. The locals, of course, always knew of the existence of the valley, and believed that it was inhabited by fairies.
The valley is home to many celebrated flowers like the Brahmakamal, the Blue Poppy and the Cobra Lily. It is a much sought after haunt for flower-lovers, botanists and trekkers.
The Valley of Flowers is internationally important on account of its diverse alpine flora, representative of the Western Himalayan alpine shrub and meadows ecoregion. The rich diversity of species reflects the valley's location within a transition zone between the Zaskar and Great Himalayas ranges to the north and south, respectively, and between the Eastern Himalaya and Western Himalaya flora. A number of plant species are internationally threatened, several have not been recorded from elsewhere in Uttarakhand and two have not been recorded in Nanda Devi National Park. The diversity of threatened species of medicinal plants is higher than has been recorded in other Indian Himalayan protected areas. The entire Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve lies within the Western Himalayas Endemic Bird Area (EBA). Seven restricted-range bird species are endemic to this part of the EBA.
The Valley of Flowers was declared a national park in 1982. This part of Uttarakhand, in the upper reaches of Garhwal, is inaccessible through much of the year. The area lies on the Zanskar range of the Himalayas with the highest point in the national park being Gauri Parbat at 6,719 m above sea level.
Standard YouTube License
- 11:58 Valley of Flowers, most beautiful video of valley of flowers by www.valleyofflowers.infoby Devkant SangwanFeatured 3,857
- 4:18 Valley of Flowers - Wild Flowers : Part 2by Ranjeet Kumar 398 views
- 3:11 Valley of Flowers : Trekking Part - 2 - Vasudharaby Ranjeet Kumar 147 views
- 2:29 Valley of Flowers : Trekking Part - 3 : Most Senicby Ranjeet Kumar 327 views
- 4:38 Valley of Flowers - Real Flowers : Part 1by Ranjeet Kumar 589 views
- 9:55 Valley of Flowersby Jahgirdar Jayaram 29,328 views
- 9:12 Nanda Deviby Tony Robinson 14,746 views
- 4:05 Trek to Valley Of Flowers, Uttaranchal, Indiaby alumnitrek 39,237 views
- 2:30 Valley of Flowers - Trekking : Part - 1by Ranjeet Kumar 236 views
- 5:31 Valley Of Flowers and Hemkundby Amey Jambhekar 37,553 views
- 2:52 7 Wonders of India: Valley of Flowersby 7wondersofindia 18,071 views
- 2:39 Kak Bhushandi Tal Trek: Nanda Devi Biosphereby bhotiya 13,135 views
- 5:07 The Valley of Flowers Tripby Lovell D'souza 269 views
- 2:36 Valley of Flowers - Wild Flowers : Part 4by Ranjeet Kumar 1,112 views
- 13:35 Lilly Meadow Mt. Pinos hikeby BigTVideos 414 views
- 4:34 Valley of Flowers, Uttarakhand - Indiaby mmanoba 110,531 views
- 10:37 Bandhavgarh National Park, India.by kitchin sink 349 views
- 5:08 Most beautiful place on earthby rohtash08's channel 43,074 views
- 5:03 VERY RARE TIBETAN WILD DOGS HUNTING AND MAKING A KILLby K9TMD 84,723 views
- 3:02 Nanda Devi Raj Jat Yatra, Uttarakhandby WildFilmsIndia 4,225 views
- Loading more suggestions...