Published on Sep 24, 2012
God of Blades by White Whale Games
Available September 27, 2012 in the App Store
A love-song to pulp fantasy tales of yore, 70s synth-prog-landscape oddities, and forgotten places, God of Blades is a gorgeous, visceral sidescrolling physics-based sword-fighting adventure.
Praise for God of Blades:
"God of Blades is one of my favourite experiences of the year in any medium." Owen Faraday, PocketTactics.com
"Loreseeker is my favourite use of locative gaming so far, and it's really, really simple, too. Take God of Blades to a local library and fire it up, and you'll discover you're allowed to unlock one of a few very special in-game swords just by being inside such a palace of knowledge." Christian Donlan, HookShot, Inc.
"...we were reminded of Shadow of the Beast for some reason -- probably because of the music and the setting... that's a very good thing." Chris Priestman, IndieGameMag
"The White Whale Games crew has gone above and beyond demonstrating their devotion to stories and literature, and [Loreseeker] is one of the most creative and brilliant ways they could have possibly conceived to get people to go to those incredible repositories of human knowledge known as libraries." - Brad Hilderbrand, Gamezebo
"With their upcoming title God of Blades, the small indie developer has created an intriguing mashup of iOS genres." - A.T. Faust III, AppAdvice.com
"God of Blades is dripping with style" - Jim Squires, Gamezebo
The dead king rises! Become a spectral warrior who has returned to defend his planet against a rampaging doom-cult and the devouring touch of the cosmic horrors they serve. Wrenching this world from the grasp of oblivion, the Nameless King wields phantom blades forged from the legends and heritage of a dying world.
Raise your blade, and rush into the darkness!
BATTLE ACROSS AN ALIEN WORLD
- 10 Breathtaking, handcrafted environments (Retina display supported!) and art inspired by pulp novel covers, classic RPG modules, and 1970s rock
- Extensive Campaign mode includes gorgeous cinematics and an epic story in the tradition of fantasy sagas past.
WIELD A GODLIKE ARSENAL
- An array of unlockable weapons, each with a unique look, feel, power, and history— learn their tales and develop your own fighting strategies. Banish your enemies to other dimensions, cover them in flames, slow time to achieve impossible blows, summon raging storms, coat them in soul-devouring worms and more!
- Addictive, emergent, physics-driven combat makes every duel unique—shatter weapons, armor, and send your foes flying. No two duels are the same.
A WAR THAT NEVER ENDS
- Climb the leaderboards! Eternal mode offers white-knuckle survival gameplay- how long can you last the different warriors that comprise the void-crazed horde?
- Pit your swordfighting prowess against the monstrous Voidchosen—procedurally generated master warriors.
- Stellar aural experience, featuring tremendous sound design, and an album-length score reminiscent of 60s/70s fantasy and horror films
EXPLORE YOUR WORLD, CHALLENGE THE DARKNESS
- Unlock select weapons by visiting real world libraries, using our innovative feature, Loreseeker.
Special thanks to Josh Meyers for trailer production and editing, and Bobby Arlauskas for trailer sound design.
Standard YouTube License