Soda Can Shake-Up - Cool Science Experiment
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 15, 2009
Check out this and other Cool Science Experiments at http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/e... Have you ever wondered why shaking a soda results in a great explosion when its opened? What causes a 2-liter bottle of soda to go flat? Is there anything that can be done to keep fizz in a bottle of soda? Get ready to uncover some amazing soda secrets that will change your soda drinking habits.
About Steve Spangler Science...
Steve Spangler is a celebrity teacher, science toy designer, speaker, author and an Emmy award-winning television personality. Spangler is probably best known for his Mentos and Diet Coke geyser experiment that went viral in 2005 and prompted more than 1,000 related YouTube videos. Spangler is the founder of www.SteveSpanglerScience.com, a Denver-based company specializing in the creation of science toys, classroom science demonstrations, teacher resources and home for Spangler's popular science experiment archive and video collection. Spangler is a frequent guest on the Ellen DeGeneres Show where he takes classroom science experiments to the extreme. Check out his pool filled with 2,500 boxes of cornstarch!
Cool Science Toys - http://www.SteveSpanglerScience.com
Sign up for the Experiment of the Week - http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/e...
Watch Spangler's Science Videos - http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/v...
Attend a Spangler Hands-on Science Workshop for Teachers - http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/t...
Visit Spangler's YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/stevespanglers...
Join the conversation on Steve Spangler's blog - http://www.SteveSpangler.com
On the education side, Spangler started his career as a science teacher in the Cherry Creek School district for 12 years. Today, Steve travels extensively training teachers in ways to make learning more engaging and fun. His hands-on science boot camps and summer institutes for teachers inspire and teach teachers how to prepare a new generation for an ever-changing work force. Over the last 15 years, he has also made more than 500 television appearances as an authority on hands-on science and inquiry-based learning.
On the business side, Spangler is the founder and CEO of Steve Spangler Science, a Denver-based company specializing in the creation of educational toys and kits and hands-on science training services for teachers. The companys unique business strategies and viral creations have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Inc. Magazine, Wired and TIME Magazine where online readers voted Steve Spangler #18 in the Top 100 Most Influential People of the Year for 2006 (what were they thinking?). You'll find more than 140 Spangler created products available online at SteveSpanglerScience.com and distributed to toy stores and mass-market retailers worldwide.
Spangler joined NBC affiliate 9News in 2001 as the science education specialist. His weekly experiments and science segments are designed to teach viewers creative ways to make learning fun. His now famous Mentos Geyser experiment, turning 2-liter bottles of soda into erupting fountains, became an Internet sensation in September 2005 when thousands of people started posting their own Mentos explosions on YouTube.com.
As founder of SteveSpanglerScience.com, Spangler and his design team have developed more than 140 educational toys and science-related products featured by mass-market retailers like Target, Wal-Mart, Toys R' Us, Discovery Channel Stores and over 1,400 independent specialty toy stores. His educational science catalog and on-line business offers more than a thousand science toys and unique learning resources. Recently, Spangler has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Inc. Magazine, WIRED, the History Channel, Food Network and TIME Magazine where on-line readers voted Steve Spangler #18 in the Top 100 Most Influential People of the Year for 2006.
His recent appearances on the Ellen DeGeneres Show have taught viewers how to blow up their food, shock their friends, create mountains of foam, play on a bed of nails, vanish in a cloud of smoke and how to turn 2,500 boxes of cornstarch and a garden hose into a swimming pool of fun.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:41 Pop Rocks MythBuster - Cool Science Experimentby Sick Science!™Featured 1,157,789
- 2:35 Microwave Ivory Soap - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience 1,331,794 views
- 4:13 Is Black Really Blackby SteveSpanglerScience 136,970 views
- 2:36 Newton's Beads - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience 685,163 views
- 3:21 Exploding Egg - Cool Science Demoby Sick Science!™ 360,785 views
- 5:10 Egg in the Bottle Experiment with a Twistby SteveSpanglerScience 216,890 views
- 2:38 Dry Ice Boo Bubblesby SteveSpanglerScience 2,785,857 views
- 2:33 Do Not Open Bottle - Cool Science Prankby SteveSpanglerScience 805,090 views
- 4:08 St. Patrick's Day Science - Cool Science Experimentsby SteveSpanglerScience 628,658 views
- 2:03 Bed of Nails - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience 1,529,035 views
- 2:41 Crystal Growing - Cool Science Experimentby Sick Science!™ 476,105 views
- 2:07 Giant Smoke Rings - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience 1,474,034 views
- 7:53 Steve Spangler on The Ellen Show September 2007by SteveSpanglerScience 1,555,730 views
- 3:00 Skewer Through Balloon - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience 2,028,962 views
- 48 videos Play all Cool Science Experimentby ionkompo
- Scientific American Space Lab 259 videos156K
- 2:22 Tea Bag Rockets - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience 334,656 views
- 2:43 Dry Ice Bubbles - Cool Halloween Scienceby SteveSpanglerScience 697,980 views
- 3:40 Giant Bubble Maker - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience 204,011 views
- 2:14 Windbags - Cool Science Experimentby SteveSpanglerScience 372,178 views
- 8:02 Homemade Fake Blood - Halloween Sick Science! #008by SteveSpanglerScience 294,321 views
- 3:55 Walking on Eggs - Cool Science Experimentby SpanglerScienceTV 623,672 views
- Loading more suggestions...