Rep. Charles Boustany (LA-07) supports H.R. 4480, the Domestic Energy and Jobs Act.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 20, 2012
Rep. Charles Boustany speaks on the House floor in favor of H.R. 4480, the Domestic Energy and Jobs Act.
"The sad fact today is that this country does not have a coherent energy strategy. pure and simple. I can tell you, I come from Louisiana where we know firsthand, probably more than any other state, that good energy policy can march hand in hand with good economic policy and good environmental policy. We've lived that life.
We know that energy, the energy sector, American energy production creates good paying jobs. Many of these jobs go to people who - a family that's never had anyone that's had college and they've been able to pay for college for the next generation. These are good paying jobs. Better paying than most. The first step in energy policy, the first step is, number one: don't punish your current energy production. Don't punish american energy production. That's what we've seen from this administration. From four straight years of proposing high taxes, new taxes on independent small energy companies, small oil and gas companies. New taxes at a time when we ought to be developing our energy production makes no sense at all. Secondly, what's our transition strategy? We clearly have an abundance of oil and gas with new reserves and new technology. We have led the world in this. We ought to be developing it and we can achieve energy security for this country and create good paying American jobs. This administration proposed a moratorium on drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and now, yes, they lifted the moratorium, but they still continue to slow walk the permits. This bill would go forward and help to us streamline that process so we can get American energy production back up online in the Gulf of Mexico and to develop our energy security needs."
Standard YouTube License
- 4:08 Rep. Boustany on Fox Business discussing the IRS hiring 6500 agents to implement Obamacare.by boustanyla07134 views
- 2:27 Rep. Charles Boustany (LA-07) speaks in support of providing Americans with tax relief.by boustanyla07112 views
- 1:12 Rep. Charles Boustany (LA-07) voices his support for the No More Solyndras Act.by boustanyla07109 views
- 4:08 Rep. Charles Boustany (LA-07) speaks with Melissa Francis of FOX Business about IRS tax fraud.by boustanyla07256 views
- 45:12 Al Franken on Howard Stern Radio Show interview 1999 Saturday Night Liveby smokedvideo17,564 views
- 13:53 Differences between the House & the Senateby gregorysember5,925 views
- 10:32 Al Franken Explains A Few Things To Senator Thuneby Guy Guyguy5,073 views
- 32:54 Rep. Paul Gosar on C-Span's Washington Journalby Rep. Paul Gosar241 views
- 1:08:50 The Truth Behind The Energy Lie(What The Energy Cartels Don't Want You To See) full movieby alan carnagey231,952 views
- 51:21 U.S. Dept of Energy Public Meeting (Pt 1 of 5) in Washington, PAby Ford Shankle515 views
- 15:01 Infamous Debate between Bill O'Reilly and Al Franken (Incl. Molly Ivins) 2/6by AustralianNeoCon211,939 views
- 20:20 The Lost Decadeby immivoiceVideos5,482 views
- 15:01 Infamous Debate between Bill O'Reilly and Al Franken (Incl. Molly Ivins) 3/6by AustralianNeoCon27,376 views
- 1:32 Free Energy Light Bulbby mopatin107,198 views
- 4:30 Rep. Paul Gosar on the Sean Hannity Show discussing IRS Targeting Americans - 5/22/2013by Rep. Paul Gosar192 views
- 3:09 Top 10 Biggest Ports in the Worldby marineinsight13,653 views
- 7:30 Al Franken Challenges Ann Coulter on Slanting the Truthby CTFORUM781,195 views
- 29:14 Extremely Powerful Pure Clean Positive Energy - Raise Vibration - Binauralby GeniusBrainPower880,451 views
- 1:35 Rep Paul Gosar's July 4th Messageby Rep. Paul Gosar121 views
- 5:00 Hillary Clinton confirm's natural gas exploration investment needs South of Creteby Elias Conophagos372 views
- Loading more suggestions...