TECNAM P2010 Ptwenty Ten - Maiden Flight - April 12th, 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 15, 2012
Tecnam P Twenty-Ten achieves first flight
Tecnam's latest offering, the P Twenty-Ten took to the skies for the first time 12th April, 2012.
Under the control of Tecnam's Test Pilot, Marco Locatelli, Tecnam's all new P Twenty-Ten achieved a faultless first flight at 16.42 UTC, over the skies of Tecnam's Capua production facility. Marco Locatelli's test flight report included the following details.
Aircraft mass was 900kg. Lycoming IO-360 max power was attained with aircraft on the brake: 28,20 inHg MAP, 2680 RPM, no wind. After brake release normal engine behaviour and parameters were recorded and a slight increase in MAP (28,5 inHg) and prop speed (2690 RPM) was noticed. Aircraft acceleration to 50 KIAS took 8 seconds and about 300-350 ft. Effortless rotation and lift off occurred at approximately 60 KIAS.
At 5000 ft 80 KIAS flaps were retracted to UP. Two to three pitch attitude angle degrees increase was set with a progressive modest pull back effort. Indicated airspeed was promptly increasing towards. Engine was then reduced to 20 InHG, 2450 RPM and speed stabilized at 100 KIAS.
Pilot noted that level flight is easily kept once on trim, excellent outer view allows the pilot to have good horizon visual references and that the Garmin PFD provides superb attitude and situational awareness cues.
Longitudinal, lateral and directional static stability were clearly proven at 119 KIAS, 5000 ft.
A progressive levelled deceleration was initiated, 2-3 kts per second. It was possible to stop speed deceleration just by mean of pitch control, manual trim compensation was required since significant effort variation was recorded in the order of 6-8 daN per 20 KIAS of delta. Both lateral and direction controls keep effective and precise, rudder effort definitely lower, but never reversing.
After several canonical flight envelope opening tests were performed, including stalling, a TO flap and a LD flap go around passage were performed followed by a final landing on Capua's runway 26.
From a 2,5 degrees approach path, LD flap approach at 65 KIAS runway touch down was obtained on the centerline at about 48 KIAS, 30 minutes after take off on Tecnam homebase field.
Marco went on to comment that the P Twenty Tens' behaviour appears safe and predictable in all investigated speed initial envelope, flight controls are precise and effective, attitudes can be attained with a sufficient precision of 1-2 deg on all axis. Speed and flight controls displacement and effort curves are in the correct sense; pitch trim is (manually) usable and effective. This is a positive characteristic for a school initial trainer a/c, since it may provide very good airspeed delta feedback to student pilots.
The P Twenty Ten brings together an advanced technology all carbon fibre fuselage with a metal wing and stabilator based on the best of TECNAM's recent P2006T Twin and P2008 offerings, this single engine, 4 seat aeroplane is eagerly anticipated by the General Aviation community.
Utilising both carbon fibre and metal has allowed Tecnam to optimise aerodynamic quality and reliability. Carbon fibre ensures smooth surfaces and allows for an elegance and styling you would expect from Italy. Metal is used for the wing and stabilator to provide further strength and stability.
Powered by a Lycoming IO-360-M1a ('Lycoming Light') engine, providing 180HP and 2700RPM. The wing is based on the well-proven NACA63A aerofoil. Through partial tapering, the design brings it close to the optimal lift distribution (elliptical).
The all movable type (stabilator) horizontal tail, a trade mark of all TECNAM aeroplanes, allows for excellent controllability and 'hands off' longitudinal stability.
The nose gear is free castering and consists of a tubular steel leg connected to the lower engine mount attachments and is braced by a rubber shock absorber. The landing gear is also faired to minimise drag, whilst ground steering is by differential braking.
The TECNAM P2010 has a high fuel capacity (210lt, 46.2 imp. gal). The fuel tanks are installed in the wing box, behind the main spar, to preserve their integrity in case of an accident. Of course carbon fibre equals a lighter and therefore more fuel efficient aeroplane.
Tecnam has always paid great attention to comfort for both pilots and passengers. The cabin width also allows for a large instrument panel, with its modular design specifically tailored to allow the customer to fit either an analogue or digital instrumentation package.
"It's been an extraordinarily successful and exciting time for the Tecnam design, production and flight-test teams" said Paolo Pascale, Tecnam's Managing Director. "The Tecnam P Twenty-Ten further exhibits our commitment to innovation, style and advanced technology and is yet another extension of our passion for flying. Our on-going sales success has resulted in Tecnam delivering a new aeroplane every working day".
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Runaway" on
- 3:15 Tecnam P2006 at Festival of Flight, 2010by planesoundsFeatured 13,611
- 15:23 Tecnam: Cold and Dark Tutorial - Baltic Aviation Academyby Baltic Aviation Academy 9,408 views
- 1:12:33 The whole first flight of Tecnam P2006T over Bulgaria country side.by George Grozdanoff 2,327 views
- 8:28 Tecnam P92 taildragger, Lycoming powered Tecnam P92 all metal tail-dragger light sport aircraft.by ultralightnews 3,013 views
- 15:00 Exclusive: Fokker F27-100 Friendship PH-FHFby Christiaan Drent 37,799 views
- 1:15 TECNAM P2010 PTwenty Ten - Engine Start Up 02.03.2012by TECNAMAIRCRAFT 8,121 views
- 7:30 Tecnam - Aero Friedrichshafenby TECNAM1948 6,525 views
- 3:19 Extreme crosswind landing in Las Vegasby twodragoons's channel 1,535,647 views
- 2:14 Tecnam P2006T Low pass, display and landingby TUCKIE10 37,105 views
- 6:11 Tecnam Aircraft, West Coast Sport Aircraft California.by ultralightnews 1,566 views
- 10:00 Flight in a Tecnam P-92by TUCKIE10 25,400 views
- 9:06 Tecnam Sierra - Cross Countryby 909kick 2,672 views
- 5:00 TECNAMby URAFPT 4,252 views
- 3:56 Diamond DA40NG with Austro Engineby LOOP tv 14,159 views
- 25:25 RIDE IN A P-51 MUSTANG - COCKPIT VIEW FROM LADY ALICEby Aviation Videos 302,974 views
- 11:24 Aero-TV: Extreme Aero-Efficiency - The Pipistrel Virusby aerotvnetwork 24,200 views
- 7:01 TECNAM P 92 S FANTASTICOby BRUNO XOTTA 13,396 views
- 1:19 TECNAM P92 Tail Dragger!!!!!!!!by TECNAMAIRCRAFT 2,072 views
- 1:01 Gatwick flights suspended after Virgin Atlantic plane makes emergency landingby ITN 26,544 views
- 14:40 BEST OF TV BLOOPERS Vol.1 - Die witzigsten TV Pannenby Kanal von XwecomeinpeaceX 1,425,698 views
- Loading more suggestions...