Tivoli at Divine Savior Healthcare!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 14, 2010
Divine Savior Healthcare is pleased to announce the construction of a new facility to our health care campus in Portage. Throughout our nearly 100 year history, we have responded to the needs of this community with new facilities, physicians and technology. In response to the overwhelming rise in need for short-term, long-term and assisted residential care in our community, we are pleased to bring you Tivoli!
Construction has already begun on this new 125,000 square foot facility scheduled to open in December 2010. Tivoli will have a total of 120 beds. Forty-five of these beds will be dedicated to those who require skilled nursing and rehabilitation on a short term basis. There will be 35 beds for those who require skilled nursing on a daily, long term basis. Twenty beds will provide assisted living for the cognitively impaired and twenty more assisted living
beds will be available for residents who are frail or physically disabled. The building is designed with the dignity and privacy of its residents in mind. All rooms are private with their own bath and located on one floor. The rooms are grouped into separate wings based on the needs of the residents.
Tivoli will not only meet the health care needs of its residents but will also provide opportunities for them to be a part of a community. Tivoli will have all of the services its residents may need along with programming, spaces for social gathering and a chapel. It will be a place each resident will be proud to call home and families, friends and children will love to visit. With lounges for games, a library for reading, a salon for beauty needs, a greenhouse for gardening and a place for children to play, residents will constantly be surrounded with activities to keep their bodies and minds engaged.
As Sister Carol Thresher explained at our Construction Celebration on January 14th, Tivoli was named after the picturesque Italian village just east of Rome. In November of 1888, Mother Mary of the Apostles, the co-foundress of the Sisters of the Divine Savior, arrived in Tivoli to establish the community where a number of the pioneer Sisters who founded this health care system back in 1917 would be trained. Father Francis Jordan, the Founder of the Sisters of the Divine Savior, had rented rooms for the sisters in a house on the central piazza of the town. From these humble quarters, strong and forward looking women emerged to serve people in need around the world. Four of them would arrive in Portage to plant the seeds of what we see around us today.
Tivoli is more than just an intriguing Italian sounding name for our new building. Instead, it roots this new initiative of Divine Savior Healthcare in the lives and mission of the pioneer sisters who first began serving the sick in Portage close to a century ago. It keeps Divine Savior connected with the international mission of the Sisters now alive and well in 29 different countries
across 5 continents. Through this exciting project we are making a huge
investment in the community. This community and its residents deserve the best facility possible to serve the needs of those who require residential care now and in the future. If you would like to support this important project, please use the form here to make a financial contribution. All contributions are tax-deductible and will be recognized on the donor wall in the new facility.
We look forward to sharing Tivoli with our community all at the Dedication Ceremony and Open House in December!
Standard YouTube License
- 9:55 Making a Success of Assisted Livingby DirectCareTrainingFeatured 1,580
- 6:21 Jon Stewart Destroys Obama Over IRS Scandal & Lack Of 'Managerial Competence'by xtremetty 160,391 views
- 5:40 Elderly Housing - Assisted Livingby MonkeySee 5,461 views
- 1:20 DAILY REGISTER VIDEO: Alleged car thief crashes after short chase through Portageby pdrnews 2,381 views
- 10:14 John Stossel - Free Market Medical Careby LibertyPen 3,354 views
- 4:31 Tivoli Gardensby joorl18 59,914 views
- 4:05 The Cross Roomby tom052884 558 views
- 2:30 St. Louis Society for the Physically Disabled - Youth Sports Campby stlsociety 7,004 views
- 6:21 Jon Stewart Totally DESTROYS Obama Administration Over IRS Scandal | A MUST WATCHby JonXTalks1 102,251 views
- 10:18 HUOA Capital Campaign Donor Wall Recognition Program 2010by HUOAtube 663 views
- 1:58 Dr. Jim Foskett, Orthopedic Surgeon, Divine Savior Healthcare in Portage, WIby dshealthcarePR 127 views
- 5:29 Traveler's Rest M.B.Church Choir Tifton,Ga "Jesus You Held On Even When I Let Goby deaconreeves 1,699 views
- 8:56 W.E. A.L.L. B.E. TV: Freedom Singing With Sis. Margaret Block, An American Civil Rights Legendby WeAllBeTV 336 views
- 3:30 Sobrato Cancer Center Donor Wall Celebrationby Valley Medical Center Foundation 520 views
- 1:04:27 Video on Interviewing Vulnerable Elders (VIVE)by CMSHHSgov 22,616 views
- 0:32 Obama Calls In Marines For Cover From Rain Armed With Umbrellasby StandUpFor FreedomLiberty 43,760 views
- 3:58 An Introduction to W&E Baum - Recognition & Memorial Productsby baumvid 593 views
- 3:13 Home Care Service ™ - Senior home care services for elderly.by homecareservice 261 views
- 1:25:35 Satyamev Jayate - Untouchability - Dignity for Allby starplus 762,008 views
- 8:07 Gorilla in the Greenhouse (2008) - Episode 2: Turn It Up Dayby FreeRangeStudios 3,746 views
- Loading more suggestions...