Stop Wildlife Crime: The Series - Rhinos (Video 4) | WWF
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 22, 2013
[WARNING: CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES] The fourth episode of WWF's Stop Wildlife Crime series highlights the impact on rhinos. Every day, rhinoceros across Africa and Asia are getting caught in the crosshairs of poachers to supply a lucrative black market demand for rhino horn. Follow our video series on World Wildlife Fund's YouTube channel by subscribing now and using the hashtag #StopWildlifeCrime while you watch.
Rhino horn continues to command high prices among consumers, especially in Asia where it has been falsely touted as a hangover cure and treatment for terminal illnesses. Except there is no scientific proof that a rhino's horn—made of keratin, just like human hair and fingernails—has any medicinal properties. That hasn't stopped hundreds of rhinos being slaughtered each year. In fact, there was a 5000% increase in rhino poaching in South Africa between 2007 and 2012.
Wildlife crime is dead serious. This low-risk, high-profit crime threatens some of the world's best-loved species and the rangers that protect them.
WWF needs your help to make a difference. Please view and share to spread awareness. And, don't miss this five-part series featuring wildlife trade facts and interviews with experts in government, security and conservation every Sunday at 7 pm EDT in September 2013. Learn more: http://www.worldwildlife.org/deadserious.
Did you miss one of our videos in the Stop Wildlife Crime Series? You can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=...
Standard YouTube License
- 5:33 Stop Wildlife Crime: The Series - Elephants (Video 2) | WWFby World Wildlife Fund9,409 views
- 6:06 Stop Wildlife Crime: The Series - Tigers (Video 3) | WWFby World Wildlife Fund15,795 views
- 7:14 Stop Wildlife Crime: The Series - It's Dead Serious (Video 1) | WWFby World Wildlife Fund22,845 views
- 6:45 Stop Wildlife Crime: The Series - Rangers (Video 5) | WWFby World Wildlife Fund7,104 views
- 28:34 Rhinos under threat (Not recommended for children)by CITES Secretariat48,624 views
- 24:23 Ultimate Wildlife: Animal Defenseby AllegroMediaMovies64,295 views
- 47:26 Al Jazeera Correspondent - The Last Rhinoby Al Jazeera English34,988 views
- 32:52 [HD] Bronze Medal Match - WS - Maria Kristin Yulianti vs Lu Lan - 2008 Beijing Olympic Gamesby Lin Chongwei10,451 views
- 9:32 The best Anti-poaching Footage Ever! Protrack Anti-poaching Unitby ProtrackAPU18,139 views
- 7:20 Amazing sights and reflections from 30 years of wildlife filmsby WLCFilms67,726 views
- 28:13 Peacemakers: Jeremy Gilley in Conversation with Prem Rawatby *WORDS OF PEACE*27,177 views
- 41:34 African Wildlife 35 min - South Africa Travel Channel 24by Southern Africa Travel Channel, Free Tourism and Wildlife Films116,530 views
- 1:04:34 Botswana wildlife expedition 2012by Johnny Woozer93,528 views
- 17:07 The Shooting Show -- on rhino poaching patrol in South Africaby theshootingshow5,279 views
- 12:42 Game Grumps - Top 11 Hardest Laughs and Laughing Fitsby Eric Schepper114,244 views
- 3:54 Wild Animals Caught Barehandedby Andrew Ucles4,548,865 views
- 47:30 African Wildlife HD Part 1 - South Africa Kruger Park 24 - Travel Channelby Southern Africa Travel Channel, Free Tourism and Wildlife Films1,753,634 views
- 6:05 Elephant killers: First ever access to tribal poachers who are both hunters — and the hunted.by Vocativ39,223 views
- 2:02 Deer Poachers Arrested, Washington Game Wardensby cabin567114,592 views
- 6:33 Rhino poaching: After the killingby Mail & Guardian8,277 views
- Loading more suggestions...