How To Boil Water
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 8, 2008
Watch more Food Preparation Tips, Tricks, & Techniques videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/195-Foo...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Admit it: You could use some tips on boiling water.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Choose pot
Choose a pot with a greater volume than the amount of water you plan to boil. Do so in private, so nobody's there to say, "Uh, duh."
Step 2: Pour water
Pour fresh, cold tap water into the pot. Make sure there's at least 3 inches of space between the rim of the pot and the surface of the water.
If you're boiling water to cook with (and not just for fun) you'll be adding something to it, so be sure to leave enough room for whatever you're cooking, too.
Step 3: Place pot on burner
Turn the burner to high, place the pot on the burner, and cover the pot with a lid that fits snugly. This keeps in the heat and helps the water boil faster.
Step 4: Watch the pot
They say a watched pot never boils, but that's not literally true. First, steam will form between the water and the lid; next, small bubbles will appear around the bottom and edges of the pot; finally, the bubbles will become large enough to break the surface of the water.
Step 5: Boil water
Once large bubbles are flowing in steady streams from the bottom to the top of the pot, the water is boiling. That's it! You've done it! Cue the trumpets and congratulate yourself—you're at least as smart as a not-so-smart monkey.
Did You Know?
Boiling water is very hot.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:49 How To Tell If Your Girlfriend's a Psychoby HowcastFeatured 1,023,042
- 1:56 How To Fake an Appreciation Of Artby Howcast 21,274 views
- 1:25 How To Successfully Beg For Moneyby Howcast 576,472 views
- 2:27 How to Live on a Budgetby Howcast 66,471 views
- 3:41 How to boil water using rocksby gawletap 14,784 views
- 11:40 Boiling water with a soldering iron in microgravityby benwl 107,718 views
- 1:40 How To Hard-Boil an Egg So It Peels Easilyby Howcast 151,713 views
- 2:36 How To Make Yourself Irresistible To Girlsby Howcast 2,832,215 views
- 3:03 How To Buy a Used Carby Howcast 120,806 views
- 2:33 How To Survive a Bear Attackby Howcast 659,676 views
- 2:09 CookingwithSugar - How to Boil Water - Cooking Pasta - Cooking with Sugarby Cooking with Sugar - Recipes 6,859 views
- 5:02 Boiling Pastaby VahChef -- For Every Day Videos SUBSCRIBE 212,770 views
- 2:05 How to Boil an Egg Perfectlyby About 60,199 views
- 4:10 How-to Steam (Chicken and Broccoli)by Clean & Delicious With Dani Spies 67,193 views
- 2:23 How to Tidy Up in Three Minutesby Howcast 438,832 views
- 2:22 How To Sneak Into Your House After Curfewby Howcast 501,357 views
- 1:13 Boiling waterby ralfonzo83 9,653 views
- 1:05 Boiling water at room temperature.by Coolphysicsvideos Physics 28,901 views
- 2:06 Boiling Water to Snow in Hurricane Force Winds 01-17-07by MWOObserver 230,175 views
- 2:22 How to Make Spaghetti : Adding Spaghetti Sauceby Expert Village | Watch. Learn. Do. 64,587 views
- Loading more suggestions...