UFOs Mars Curiosity Rover Ground Video Footage/Photo Time Lapse 12.08.06 NASA 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 7, 2012
If this worries you, visit this site:
Object 1 ascends in the middle of horizon 0:03. Object 2 appears at the far left at 0:24.
Possible explanations are satellites, meteors, parts of the rovers landing gear, stars etc. Objects still remain unidentified.
Leaked video footage or photo time laps (1 frame per second?) taken by the NASA Mars Curiosity Rover of unidentified objects in the sky and ascending from the ground. Receiving more footage and info soon, so stay tuned.
NASA celebrated the precision landing of a rover on Mars and marveled over the mission's flurry of photographs — grainy, black-and-white images of Martian gravel, a mountain at sunset and, most exciting of all, the spacecraft's white-knuckle plunge through the red planet's atmosphere.
Curiosity, a roving laboratory the size of a compact car, landed right on target late Sunday night after an eight-month, 352-million-mile journey. It parked its six wheels about four miles from its ultimate science destination — Mount Sharp rising from the floor of Gale Crater near the equator.
Extraordinary efforts were needed for the landing because the rover weighs one ton, and the thin Martian atmosphere offers little friction to slow a spacecraft down. Curiosity had to go from 13,000 mph to zero in seven minutes, unfurling a parachute, then firing rockets to brake. In a Hollywood-style finish, cables delicately lowered it to the ground at 2 mph.
At the end of what NASA called "seven minutes of terror," the vehicle settled into place almost perfectly flat in the crater it was aiming for.
"We have ended one phase of the mission much to our enjoyment," mission manager Mike Watkins said. "But another part has just begun."
The nuclear-powered Curiosity will dig into the Martian surface to analyze what's there and hunt for some of the molecular building blocks of life, including carbon.
It won't start moving for a couple of weeks, because all the systems on the $2.5 billion rover have to be checked out. Color photos and panoramas will start coming in the next few days.
But first NASA had to use tiny cameras designed to spot hazards in front of Curiosity's wheels. So early images of gravel and shadows abounded. The pictures were fuzzy, but scientists were delighted.
The photos show "a new Mars we have never seen before," Watkins said. "So every one of those pictures is the most beautiful picture I have ever seen."
In one of the photos from the close-to-the-ground hazard cameras, if you squinted and looked the right way, you could see "a silhouette of Mount Sharp in the setting sun," said an excited John Grotzinger, chief mission scientist from the California Institute of Technology.
A high-resolution camera on the orbiting 7-year-old Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, flying 211 miles directly above the plummeting Curiosity, snapped a photo of the rover dangling from its parachute about a minute from touchdown. The parachute's design can be made out in the photo.
"It's just mind-boggling to me," said Miguel San Martin, chief engineer for the landing team.
Curiosity is the heaviest piece of machinery NASA has landed on Mars, and the success gave the space agency confidence that it can unload equipment that astronauts may need in a future manned trip to the red planet.
The landing technique was hatched in 1999 in the wake of devastating back-to-back Mars spacecraft losses. Back then, engineers had no clue how to land super-heavy spacecraft. They brainstormed different possibilities, consulting Apollo-era engineers and pilots of heavy-lift helicopters.
"I think its engineering at its finest. What engineers do is they make the impossible possible," said former NASA chief technologist Bobby Braun. "This thing is elegant. People say it looks crazy. Each system was designed for a very specific function."
NASA canceled its joint U.S.-European missions to Mars, scheduled for 2016 and 2018.
"When's the next lander on Mars? The answer to that is nobody knows," Bolden said in an interview with The Associated Press recently.
But if Curiosity finds something interesting, he said, it could spur the public and Congress to provide more money for more Martian exploration. No matter what, he said, Curiosity's mission will help NASA as it tries to send astronauts to Mars by the mid-2030s.
UFOs Mars Curiosity Rover Landing VIDEO FOOTAGE Time Lapse 12.08.06 FIRST LEAKED NASA
"Mars rover video" "Curiosity video" "mars rover curiosity video footage" LEAKED UFOS Mars Curiosity Rover Landing 12 08 06 nasa video photos footage august unidentified flying objects Ufo Alien Space aliens spacecraft spaceship extraterrestrial past sightings UFO crop circles unexplained phenomena researchers Ufology mystery paranormal activity 2012 2013 truth area 51 proof evidence ebe new viral rare kgb roswell classified strange weird top secret classified Moon Earth Planet Shuttle Universe
Standard YouTube License
- 1:40 UFO Taped By Mars Curiosity Roverby looknowtvFeatured 335,113
- 6:08 WOW! Mexico UFO 2012-SUPER CLEAR Daytime Sighting!by DISCL0SUR3 469,366 views
- 9:47 100% Proof Of Alien Civilizations Exist On The Moon - Nasa Lies Uncovered In Colourby Jason Kirby 5,222,859 views
- 1:48 4 UFOs Caught By Mars Curiosity? 2012 HDby StephenHannardADGUK 2,903,156 views
- 7:21 Life On Mars 2012 Evidence From NASA Rover 2012 Photos (Strange Mars Structures) Ancient Aliensby BinOnOneProduction 525,020 views
- 5:44 UFO Crash In The Baltic Sea?by enigmadigest 994,015 views
- 2:39 Two Olympic UFOs Confirmed? 2012 HD "UPDATED"by StephenHannardADGUK 495,431 views
- 1:18 UFO EXCLUSIVE! Breaking News Clear UFO Base Caught on Cam By Mars Rovers December 2010by OnLifeMars 332,084 views
- 1:12 NASA CONSPIRACY - MARS ROVER CURIOSITY DESTROYED - LEAKED VIDEO EVIDENCEby BUTCHYKID624 68,813 views
- 3:15 Mars UFO (NASA Curiosity Lab) Alien Contact/ August, 07, 2012 JPL Live camera - Mission 0027/X03by UFOMAXTV 16,822 views
- 1:11 Breaking News UFO Sightings Helicopters Surround UFO Shocking Footage Watch Now! Aug 19 , 2012by thirdphaseofmoon 359,677 views
- 3:16 BALTIC SEA UFO Dive VIDEO Footage - Translated (SUBTITLES)by ParanormalCollection 368,824 views
- 12:42 MASS UFO SIGHTINGS, 2012 ALIEN CONTACT? - SCARY Things Are Happening!!!by ParanormalCollection 220,969 views
- 1:14 NASA Footage from MARS IN HDby TheCockyCunts 198,320 views
- 2:45 UFOs Involved In Russian Rocket Failure? 2012 HDby StephenHannardADGUK 19,788 views
- 0:56 Mars Rover First Video Footage - Curiosity Rover Possibilityby DJPureHits 153,679 views
- 1:43 Multiple UFOs in low earth orbit NASA 2012by rob19791 406,616 views
- 7:39 CURIOSITY HAS LANDED! First Images From Marsby Best0fScience 112,667 views
- 1:03 Curiosity's Descentby JPLnews 3,814,149 views
- 4:22 2 UFOs found in Mars Curiosity Rover Images - Aug, 17 2012by wowforreeel 10,842 views
- Loading more suggestions...