Transnational Politics, i(I)nternational r(R)elations, and the Information Age
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 31, 2012
This is the YouTube version of Charli Carpenter's presentation at the 2012 International Studies Association Annual Conference round-table on "Transnational Politics and Information Technology," Sunday April 1, 1:45-3:30 in Indigo A at the San Diego Hilton. I do not own the copyright to any of the video clips shown here. This presentation is a mash-up of material available on YouTube, including particularly clips from the following videos:
Social Media Revolution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA5Fn_...
2011 "Did You Know?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjrWRL...
"Good Morning Twitter" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAzxui...
"Information Flow on Twitter" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrMSP4...
"Egyptian Revolution on Twitter" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2guKJf...
"Twitter is Changing Lives" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8MVHS...
BloggingheadsTV http://bloggingheads.tv/videos/2090 and http://bloggingheads.tv/videos/2503
International Studies Association Homepage http://www.isanet.org
Music is "New Day" by Tanaki Alison and "Escape" by Capo Productions.
International relations and international law professors, experts, commentators and public intellectuals whose images or media artifacts are featured in this film include in order of appearance: Luis Moreno Ocampo, Jon Stewart, Thomas Englehardt, Cynthia Enloe, Stephen Walt, Susan Glasser, Bruce Bueno de Mesquita, John Mearsheimer, James Ron, Susan Sell, Martha Finnemore, Abraham Newman, Robert Keohane, Anne-Marie Slaughter, John Mueller, Joseph Nye, Daniel Drezner, Joshua Foust, Daniel Nexon, Iver Neumann, Jutta Weldes, Drew Conway, Erik Voeten, Stephanie Carvin, Ben O'Loughlin, Spencer Ackerman, Mark Kersten, Crispin Burke, Henry Farrell, Eric Posner, Lawrence Lessig, Roland Paris, Robert Farley, Steve Saideman, Charli Carpenter, James Vreeland, Alyssa Rosenberg, John Street, Asteris Huliaras, Nikolaos Tizfakis, James Fowler, Stephen Colbert, Abigail Ruane, Patrick James, Edward James Olmos, Mary MacDonnell, Ron Moore, Brian Rathbun. H/T to Kathleen MacNamara for pointing me via Dan Drezner to the blog post on blog posts.
Dr. Charli Carpenter
University of Massachusetts
- 26:52 Joseph Nye Explains The Term "Soft Power"by AllanGreggFeatured 2,556
- 1:30:46 Why China Cannot Rise Peacefullyby CÉPI CIPS 4,676 views
- 1:42:08 John J. Mearsheimer - Realism and the Rise of Chinaby Koç University 2,729 views
- 1:38:08 9/11 attack - A conspiracy of bad US government policies and half truthsby AnalistReview 8,760 views
- 1:25:47 Why Leaders Lie: The Truth About Lying in International Politicsby UChicago 3,548 views
- 45:39 Imperial by Design - John Mearsheimerby UChicago 15,633 views
- 1:35:34 Lying in International Politics with John Mearsheimerby CIGI Videos 4,499 views
- 58:29 Conversations with History: John Mearsheimerby UCtelevision 30,029 views
- 53 videos Play all Evan Wright GenKillHellaNationHowToGetAwayW/MurderInAmericaby SchoolofChemstry
- 1:01:06 The Future of Powerby HarvardKennedySchool 962 views
- 6:37 Zombies, Cyborgs and International Relationsby drcharlicarpenter 5,524 views
- 1:01:02 Conversations With History - John Mearsheimer & Steve Waltby UCBerkeleyEvents 57,315 views
- 9:49 Human rights and transnational corporations (John Ruggie)by unitednations 4,769 views
- 52:34 Dr John Mearsheimer (1/2)by JeffersonSocietyVP 1,464 views
- 9:41 International Relations theories of the USAby Gacchaman1 14,467 views
- 1:07:23 "Rebirthing the Nation: The Transformational and Transnational Politics of Black Desire"by fBj8D3sU 103 views
- 2:16 Mélenchon : Les journalistes sont de "petites cervelles"by pepscie 8,381 views
- 54:04 CSF 2011 | Stephen Walt: The End of the American Eraby usnavalwarcollege 868 views
- 18:51 Pamela Meyer: How to spot a liarby TEDtalksDirector 1,398,287 views
- 1:40:16 New Media and Political Communicationby StanfordUniversity 9,884 views
- 1:15:33 ESAT ENEWYAYE on Ethiopian current politics Amsterdam May 13, 2013by ESATelevision 10,245 views
- Loading more suggestions...