Uploaded on Jul 17, 2011
www.BargainFlooring.ie , http://www.quick-step.ie/Articles/Qui...
YOUR STAIRS OR STEPS ALSO DESERVE A PERFECT FINISH , Do you want to finish a new staircase or renovate an existing flight of stairs? Quick•Step® has the perfect easy solution. Cover your stairs with Quick•Step® planks and finish in the style of your choice with the unique Incizo® profile.
Can you use laminate
flooring on stairs?
ANSWER: Yes, of course. You can finish a new staircase or
renovate an existing flight of stairs with Quick•Step®.
This applies to many different kinds of staircases: straight or spiral
staircase, with our without stair nose ... Needless to say you can
also finish a small set of steps in a room. You may want your stairs
to match your classic interior or a more contemporary finish: no
problem. Every stair profile is available in a design to match your
floor. An additional benefit: finishing your stairs with Quick•Step®
laminate floor is easy and affordable. If you're a bit of a dab hand
at DIY, you can finish the job in a day, with a minimal amount of
dust. And your stairs will match the rest of your home to perfection.
o READ AND FOLLOW THE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED WITH POWER TOOLS USED.
o SAFETY GLASSES SHOULD BE WORN AT ALL TIMES.
o Only for use in residential applications . - Double-check you have ordered the correct aluminium subprofile for the Quick•Step® floor of your choice.
- Clear the stairs of debris, making sure that all stairs are clean and level. - Use screws of 2,5 mm diameter. Drill diameter should be 3 mm.
- Decide which stairs you want to obtain using the table, then concentrate on that type of finish, following the key as indicated in the table.
1.Start at the top of the stairs and work downwards.
2. Prepare 2 spacers per stair tread. Important: the spacers should have a thickness of the Quick•Step® floor you use, plus 2 mm. This will enable you later to easily insert the tread plank under the stair riser plank.
3.Measure the riser.
4A-4B. Saw a plank to the right size. If needed, click 2 planks together and only saw the tongue of the upper plank. *For type H, saw the tread plank like this.
5. Apply glue to the plank.
6. Put the plank against the riser. The groove should be behind the spacers. Repeat 1-6 for the rest of the stairs.
7. Measure the tread.
8. Saw the aluminium subprofile to the right length.
9. Apply glue to the bottom of the subprofile.
10A-10B-10C-10D. Install the subprofile on the tread. Screw it to the stairs, with an interval of 15 cm. Make sure the screws are well countersunk.
11A-11B. Saw a plank to the right size. If needed, click 2 planks together and only saw the groove of the last plank. *For type H, saw the riser plank like this.
12. Saw the Incizo® profile to the right length.
13. Cut the plastic insert to the right length (plastic insert is included in the aluminium subprofile packaging).
14. Push the insert into the groove of the Incizo®. Way of inserting depends on floor thickness,carry out as indicated on the illustration. Quick•Step® Parquet / Quadra UF406 -- UF1018:
Apply glue to the tongue of the plank.
15. Apply glue to the subprofile and the rest of the tread. Apply in rows of +/- 3 mm.
16. Spread the glue out well on the subprofile (e.g. by means of a brush).
It is important to move to the next steps without delay, so the tread is still
adjustable when installing the Incizo® profile.
17A-17B. Install the tread plank. Do not press too firmly, so the plank does not tilt but stays nicely
flat. * For type H, install the riser plank like this.
18. Apply glue on both sides of the Incizo® foot.
19A-19B-19C-19D. Stick the Incizo® profile onto the subprofile and adjust the Incizo® and the plank nicely for a level result. Repeat installation for the rest of the stairs.
After installation, do not walk on the stairs for at least 24 hours.
20. Cut off part A of the Incizo® with the Incizo® knife -- see instructions included in Incizo® packaging.
Side finishing (only for laminate floors):
Half-open stairs can be finished with Incizo®, on the side of the plank with the tongue. Miter both the Incizo® and the aluminium subprofile and install as explained above.
Realisation by http://www.BargainFlooring.ie , Quick•Step® laminate flooring used for this project - http://www.quick-step.com/europe/ie/e...
finishing stairs laminate flooring on stairs stairs flooring laminate stair nose installation laminate for stairs stair nose molding stair nose installation renew the stairs laminate stairs stair tread installation staircase flooring stairway and laminate flooring new tread reface stairs with laminate flooring remodelling stairs with laminate flooring staircase replace carpet stairs with laminate stair renovating putting laminate on stairs
Standard YouTube License