euronews business planet - Financing for the future
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 25, 2013
http://www.euronews.com/ Crowdfunding is a way of financing a business venture: small contributions from dozens, if not hundreds of investors via social networking sites for example. It's increasingly popular in Europe. Last year nearly 500 million euros were raised this way, twice as much as in 2011. Sellanapp is the very first crowdfunding platform specialising in the field of Smartphone apps. The concept is very simple: you have an idea, you promote it on the platform and if other users like it, they finance it and the company then carries out the development. In a few months, the platform has attracted nearly 300 investors from all over the world.
Aernoud Dekker, the founder of Sellanapp said, "Right now, in the age of the internet, it's easier to find 100 people each pledging 5 euros than one person who'll give you 500 dollars for an idea."
Four employees in Amsterdam, six developers and designers in France and in Ukraine - this thriving business was itself created thanks to crowdfunding, a system with its own unique advantages.
Aernoud Dekker said, "The most interesting aspect of crowdfunding is that you are actually voting with your wallet. Instead of saying I like this idea, or I like this band, or I like this product , you are committing money to it.The second thing is that you spread the investment risk over a lot people."
While getting funding from the banks has become increasingly difficult, crowdfunding has a real advantage: it also gives entrepreneurs easier access to other types of financing, like venture capital or Business Angels.
Oliver Gajda, the co-founder of the European Crowdfunding Network said, "For this type of investor, crowdfunding can of course prove that the concept is attractive to other people. Plus it can de-risk the whole investment by bringing other investors on board."
There are around 200 crowdfunding platforms in Europe. Before approaching one, think your idea over carefully, and especially how you're going to present it.
Oliver Gajda said, "You have to be able to sell your idea in your pitch on the crowdfunding platform, which is often restricted to a small video, and some text. This is the key. This is the key."
Aernoud Dekker sums up the key to success: "The key success factors for a successful crowdfunding campaign are: keep it simple. A simple story will reach more people. More media is more money. So open all media channels you can possibly reach. And 3, take the people who pledge on your idea seriously. Because they will be your future ambassadors."
Find us on:
Next in euronews business planet: Season 1 Episodes
- 1:05:02 Jacque Fresco - What the Future Holds Beyond 2000 - Nichols College (1999)by Jacque FrescoFeatured 116,040
- 0:51 Fed to keep buying bondsby euronews (in english) 371 views
- 3:20 euronews business planet - Rising to new challengesby Euronews 8,282 views
- 3:18 euronews business planet - Helping minorities into the EU job marketby Euronews 479 views
- 3:21 Angel dust works magic for SMEs - businessplanetby Euronews 214 views
- 10:55 How to Start a Business with No Moneyby Trent Dyrsmid 48,727 views
- 2:26 Can crowdfunding promote entrepreneurship?by EconomistMagazine 812 views
- 1:00:49 Rock The Post Webinar: "Crowdfunding 101 - Learn the basics"by Alejandro Cremades 785 views
- 59:17 Dragons Den UK - Season 10 Episode 05by davis man 26,016 views
- 18:38 The Market is Going to Exact its Price in the Form of Capital Controls & Rising Interest Ratesby Finance and Liberty ~ FinanceAndLiberty.com 710 views
- 12:51 Economic Collapse Is HERE IN AMERICA NOW! By Gregory Mannarinoby Finance and Liberty ~ FinanceAndLiberty.com 1,620 views
- 32:52 BANK RUNS, HYPERINFLATION, & OBAMA IMPEACHMENT? - Greg Hunter & David Quintieriby FinanceAndLiberty 3,330 views
- 59:15 Who Do You Think You Are? UK Samantha Womackby redzineta123 24,773 views
- 8:47 BEST Home Based Business Ideas for 2012 & FORWARD - Robert Kiyosakiby homebasebusiness2012's channel 107,488 views
- 14:14 Phim Túm Cổ Đại Gia HTV9 Tập 20 - Phần 3/3 - Phim Tum Co Dai Gia Tap 20 Fullby axemphim1 10,213 views
- 14:09 DOLLAR COLLAPSE, HYPERINFLATION, and HOW TO PREPARE! - Andy Hoffman & Rob Kirby - PT 2by Finance and Liberty ~ FinanceAndLiberty.com 3,639 views
- 10:44 (WARNING) Do Not Join MCA Motor Club Of America Until You've Seen Thisby Nicole Cooper 7,880 views
- 3:04 Finance experts warn on economic collapseby TheHealthRanger 1,842 views
- 1:20 Family of soldier killed on London street hold emotional press conferenceby euronews (in english) 693 views
- 5:52 Starting a Garage Gym Businessby strengthcamp 35,609 views
- Loading more suggestions...