Published on Nov 23, 2013
Hello there! These Totoro poptarts are so cute and would be a great treat for any anime-lover! I had so much fun making these - Totoro just makes everything better! You could also cut out some circular poptarts as well and make little soot sprites to go with your poptarts. I hope you give this recipe a try, and I'll talk to you guys soon!
Icing Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com (http://bit.ly/rMZOaW)
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 T milk
2 teaspoons corn syrup
To prepare, stir together icing sugar, milk, and corn syrup, then color with desired food coloring
Makes 4 poptarts
Store bought or homemade pie crust (1 9" round)
Apple pie filling
1 Egg, beaten
1. Cut out rectangles of pie crust with a rectangle cookie cutter or knife. Make sure you cut out an even number!
2. Spoon 1-2 T of apple pie filling over one rectangle
3. Lay second sheet of pie crust over apple pie filling, crimp edges with fork. Repeat for all pieces. 1 9" pie sheet makes about 4 poptarts
4. Cut small slits in top of poptart. Don't worry, these won't show up when you spread on icing!
5. Brush with beaten egg. Bake at 425 F for 15 minutes
Note: The icing may crack -- but it's okay! These poptarts are still super cute! :-)
Find me on Facebook and send me pictures of your kawaii treats and crafts: http://on.fb.me/14LNQ1d
Check out my channel: http://bit.ly/18keK04
Music courtesy of Audio Network "Whale of a Time"