AMAZING Occupy Houston Protest 占める Ocupa Wall Street
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 7, 2011
Occupy Houston joins Occupy Wall Street demonstrations to protest "corporate corruption" of government and politics by the wealthiest "1%" of citizens by "drowning out" the voices and concerns of "99%" of the population.
FROM OCCUPY WALL ST EXCERPTS:
On September 17th, men and women of all races, backgrounds, political and religious beliefs, (republicans, democrats, liberals, independents, etc.) began to organize in non-violent protest demonstrations. These men and women represent the 99% with the goal of ending the corporate greed and corruption of the wealthiest 1% of America in government politics. (JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Federal Reserve, lobbyists, Congress, Congressman, Senators, etc.) Occupy Wall Street is a leaderless resistance movement, a social and political and civil rights revolution which began as a call to action from Adbusters, a Canadian-based anti-consumerist organization. It has since spread to countries all around the world.
The original projections for the protest were to be between 20,000--90,000 participants. However, when only a little over a thousand protestors showed up the first day, it was labeled a bust. In the days to follow, more and more people have joined the protestors as they spend day and night in Liberty Square, in New York, as well as other Occupy cities across the nation and world.
As stated by Occupy Wall Street:
"The beauty of this new formula, and what makes this novel tactic exciting, is its pragmatic simplicity: we talk to each other in various physical gatherings and virtual people's assemblies ... we zero in on what our one demand will be, a demand that awakens the imagination and, if achieved, would propel us toward the radical democracy of the future ... and then we go out and seize a square of singular symbolic significance and put our asses on the line to make it happen."
You can visit occupywallst.org for up to date information or add them on Facebook and Twitter.
Still don't understand why they are there?
- Read the Declaration of the Occupation of New York City.
- Follow the discussions and developments of the NYC General Assembly at www.nycga.cc.
- Watch streaming video of the protests LIVE at www.globalrevolution.tv.
- Read the Occupied Wall Street Journal for the latest OWS news.
Many mainstream media outlets are being used to spread messages that protesters are young, hippies, the unemployed, and those that are too lazy to work hard. They have also aided in the spreading of false rumors that there are no goals, or "demands", being made and occupiers are unorganized and wasting their time.
The truth and fact of the matter is that there are many demands and goals which citizens have been communicating with each other every day across the nation and world in open, public, General Assembly meetings. These meetings generally take place at 7pm at Occupy encampments and the minutes/agenda/calls to action are posted on Occupy websites. There are no votes, there are general consensus agreements and everyone's voice and opinion is heard, addressed, and/or recorded for future General Assembly discussion.
Some of the demands or solutions that have been acted upon (not by Occupy Wall Street, but by protesters nationwide) include steps to ending the Federal Reserve system, transferring money out of corporate banks and into private credit unions, demanding laws and/or banning lobbying, making it illegal for politicians to receive corporate donations, and calling on politicians and law enforcement officials to stop the arrest, deportation, and racial profiling of migrant citizens.
Peaceful protests and demonstrations have been attacked and disbursed by city officials, law enforcement, police in riot gear, and undercover agents with the use of tear gas grenades, rubber bullet guns, pepper spray, and night stick beatings of citizens that say they are "exercising their 1st amendment rights of free speech...rights to petition their grievances to government" and rights to public assembly" to do so. There are countless videos and evidence of police brutality caught on tape by protesters and witnesses who have posted videos all over the internet. There are also active anti-protesters and citizens who claim demonstrators deserve to be beaten and disbursed.
***Hundreds of thousands of people across the world have now joined the Occupy Wall Street Movement.***
We hope this video gives you a well rounded inside look of the beginning of the Occupy movement. It is brought to you by 4 entrepreneurs and students of the University of Houston's Bauer College of Business. We would like to thank Professor Carlos Ortega, of the Wolff Center for Entrepreneurship in Houston, Texas, US, for allowing us the creative freedom to produce this video.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:48:29 Peter Schiff educates misguided people at occupy wall street.by us chronicle33,710 views
- 27:26 Occupy Houston - Saturday 10/08/11 - "Repossession" Incidentby xXClarknova80Xx4,210 views
- 1:48:29 Peter Schiff at Occupy Wall Street: Full Version, Almost 2 Hours Long!by ReasonTV154,211 views
- 25:47 Occupy Houston Protestby mexipol11,350 views
- 3:25 Occupy Wall Street - NYPD Gone Wild - Attacking Protesters With Motor Bikesby TheBrutalityTube88,003 views
- 16:53 Occupy Los Angeles Day 6by insightoutnews4,635 views
- 2:34 Occupy Houston Suicide by Cop Shootingby Clifford21,259 views
- 7:18 Ezra Levant & Joe Warmington: Best Of The Occupy Toronto Deadbeatsby Blazing Catfur2,287 views
- 5:17 Former Soviet Citizen Confronts Socialists at Occupy Wall Street (Part 1, full version)by Vladimir Jaffe76,468 views
- 3:08 El Xmas de La Pulga feat Chingo Bling & Jose JOJO Padron - Univision Radio Exclusiveby EEM5,310 views
- 12:55 Former Soviet Citizen Confronts Socialists at Occupy Wall Street (Part 3)by Vladimir Jaffe238,833 views
- 2:49 ¡ EL PAVO ESTA ! - ¡ Happy Thanksgiving ! - 2012 (tacata remix)by EEM1,849 views
- 8:06 Occupy Houston - The People Behind Media's Mythsby meaninglessriot1,503 views
- 10:54 Occupy Houston Organizers On KTRHby KTRHnews2,488 views
- 3:25 Occupy Houston Press Release - March on Oct. 6th!by OccupyHouston6,302 views
- 9:10 the Houston Buddy Walk 2012 - DSAHby EEM283 views
- 4:49 Keep Wall Street Occupied (Part 1)by ransackedroom695,337 views
- 4:34 Balti - Chnia Dhanbi sur Nessma.mp4by wahido01373,164 views
- 2:30 Boston Police Attack Veterans for Peace by @haveyoumetter for @DigBostonby Lauren Metter358,605 views
- 2:09 Occupy Toronto Eviction Updateby Press For Truth4,934 views
- Loading more suggestions...