Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 17, 2011
Demographic Winter: Decline of the Human Family
One of the most ominous events of modern history is quietly unfolding. Social scientists and economists agree - we are headed toward a demographic winter which threatens to have catastrophic social and economic consequences. The effects will be severe and long lasting and are already becoming manifest in much of Europe.
A groundbreaking film, Demographic Winter: Decline of the Human Family, reveals in chilling soberness how societies with diminished family influence are now grimly seen as being in social and economic jeopardy.
Demographic Winter draws upon experts from all around the world - demographers, economists, sociologists, psychologists, civic and religious leaders, parliamentarians and diplomats. Together, they reveal the dangers facing society and the world's economies, dangers far more imminent than global warming and at least as severe. These experts will discuss how:
The "population bomb" not only did not have the predicted consequences, but almost all of the developed countries of the world are now experiencing fertility rates far below replacement levels. Birthrates have fallen so low that even immigration cannot replace declining populations, and this migration is sapping strength from developing countries, the fertility rates for many of which are now falling at a faster pace than did those of the developed countries.
The economies of the world will continue to contract as the "human capital" spoken of by Nobel Prize winning economist Gary Becker, diminishes. The engines of commerce will be strained as the workers of today fail to replace themselves and are burdened by the responsibility to support an aging population.
Government programs will slow-bleed by the decrease in tax dollars received from an ever shrinking work force. The skyrocketing ratio of the old retirees to the young workers will render current-day social security systems completely unable to support the aging population.
Our attempts to modernize through social engineering policies and programs have left children growing up in broken homes, with absentee parents and little exposure to extended family, disconnected from the generations, and these children are experiencing severe psychological, sociological and economic consequences. The intact family's immeasurable role in the development and prosperity of human societies is crumbling.
The influence of social and economic problems on ever shrinking, increasingly disconnected generations will compound and accelerate the deterioration. Our children and our children's children will bear the economic and social burden of regenerating the "human capital" that accounts for 80% of wealth in the economy, and they will be ill-equipped to do so.
Is there a "tipping point", after which the accelerating consequences will make recovery impossible without complete social and economic collapse? Even the experts can't tell us how far we can go down this road, oblivious to the outcomes, until we reach a point where sliding into the void becomes unpreventable.
Only if the political incorrectness of talking about the natural family within policy circles is overcome will solutions begin to be found. These solutions will necessarily result in policy changes, changes that will support and promote the natural, intact family.
Just as it took the cumulative involvement of activist organizations, policy makers, the business world and the media to create the unintended consequences we are beginning to experience, so it will take the holistic contribution of all of these entities, together with civic and religious organizations, to change the hearts and minds of all of society to bring about a reversal.
It may be too late to avoid some very severe consequences, but with effort we may be able to preclude calamity. Demographic Winter lays out a forthright province of discussion. The warning voices in this film need to be heard before a silent, portentous fall turns into a long, hard winter.
Standard YouTube License
- 50:11 Познер. Татьяна Толстая (19.12.2011)by Артур КурильскийFeatured 12,684
- 1:37:15 Emergency Webcast: "Nobody will Survive this War"by WikiIntelNews . 509,967 views
- 4:59 'Islamization' of Paris a Warning to the Westby hawkwarrior7 91,633 views
- 39:57 The Crash -- Coming Financial Collapse of Americaby TheBicycleman79 38,862 views
- 22:31 There goes the neighbourhoodby AlJazeeraEnglish 14,064 views
- 4:08 2011 Ghost Towns Popping Up Everywhere -by Wesley53719 33,878 views
- 9:07 The Fall of Europe and Coming of Eurabia - Mark Steyn (1 of 4)by 1001Phoenix 51,395 views
- 8:23 Economic Collapse 8 Western Civilization Unsustainable - YouTube.flvby ferval59 1,082 views
- 1:28:44 Dangerous Demographicsby NewAmericaFoundation 108,293 views
- 4:28 Economic Collapse triggers Violence Civil Unrestby PeopleJustLikeUs 1,986 views
- 19:56 The So-Called Demographic Winter: The Hypergamy Factorby Stardusk 4,381 views
- 2:19:03 9-11Truth: Experts Speak Outby UCAGIBTV 534 views
- 8:58 American population decline - USAby OOOOjadogajas123 3,498 views
- 22:59 Irish economic crisis-On the Edge with Max Keiser-09-23-2011by PressTVGlobalNews 19,912 views
- 13:30 Economic Collapse IMMINENT - Learn How To Protect Yourself NOW!by NewEconomySecrets 2,312 views
- 1:55:32 PBS Documentary - Commanding Heights Episode 1 - The Battle of Ideasby lamer111111 22,740 views
- 6:13 Russia's demographic crisisby CaspianReport 11,392 views
- 51:44 Demographic Winter - the decline of the human family (Full Movie)by Finnishreinforcement 23,782 views
- 9:48 Global Economic Update: Collapse around the Cornerby JoeyB613 4,731 views
- 36:37 Gary Becker -- The Economist's Economistby HooverInstitution 9,278 views
- Loading more suggestions...