HP Latex Printing Technology - Busting Myths About Latex Printing
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 13, 2012
Check this video to debunk some of the 'urban legends' around HP Latex Printing Technology. Find out more about HP Latex Printing Technology here: http://budurl.com/Latex
The best way to dispel a myth is to check the veracity of its history.
Nowadays, no one believes that four mobile phones ringing at the same time can cook popcorn. And it's a scientific truth that a wish cannot come true by forwarding an email to your 10 best friends. However, we continue to create certain myths around new technologies, such as those which assure that HP Latex Printing Technology is less versatile, less durable, slower and more expensive than traditional eco solvent. Let's take this step by step.
Apparently, Latex Technology is less versatile because it only accepts HP media and a variety of very expensive materials. However, when we see it compared to other eco solvent printers, HP Latex not only prints on the same materials as eco solvent, but also achieves the same quality or even visibly better results. Films, banners, vinyl - HP Latex offers more than 500 profiles of different materials.
HP Latex is a water-based technology, so it is said that its prints are less long-lasting than eco solvent. Indeed, water is one of the main elements of HP Latex Ink, but that is good news for two reasons. They don't smell, and we minimize the emission of harmful components. The durability of HP Latex Ink is not because of water, but rather another revolutionary component: latex. Latex melts and creates a film that seals the ink on the material, protecting it from wear and tear for longer. This advanced technology provides instant drying so that prints are immediately ready to use. Which leads us to the next myth.
It has been said that latex technology is slower than eco solvent. Things must be looked at in perspective to check this. HP Latex printers print smooth materials ready for use. The ink comes out of the printer dry, and can be processed completely normally. For eco solvent printing, drying is an extra process that adds time and workflow costs, delaying delivery time. And, delivery time is what really matters.
It's also said that printing with HP Latex is more expensive because it consumes far more energy. In reality, HP Latex Printers need more electricity to warm up, but once printing, they use the same amount of power as a small electrical household appliance...such as an iron for example! Moreover, eco solvent printers need special ventilation and drying, which adds energy consumption to the whole process. In any case, energy consumption is not in reality a crucial factor, as it represents less than 1% of the total printing cost. The ink price and the costs and maintenance of the printer heads are comparable in both technologies. HP Latex does, however, save far more ink in the recovering process.
For their versatility and compatibility, for their durability, because they protect health and the environment and because they reduce time and costs, HP Latex Printers are a proven technology, and an excellent alternative to traditional eco solvent printers.
Everything else, are just myths.
Find out more here: http://budurl.com/Latex
Standard YouTube License
- 3:19 HP Latex Printing Technology: proven technology, unfair advantageby HPGraphicArts3,443 views
- 2:53 HP Latex Printing Technology - Step Into The Futureby HPGraphicArts9,513 views
- 5:37 HP Latex Technology -- the silent moviesby HPGraphicArts3,389 views
- 1:45 HP Latex Leadership: the unfair advantageby HPGraphicArts6,193 views
- 4:03 Idea Print saves time and money with HP Designjet L26500 Printerby HPGraphicArts6,091 views
- 3:47 HP Latex 3000 Printer review from Print Service Providersby HPGraphicArts980 views
- 4:09 Dinosaurs come to life with Jurassic-sized museum graphics | HP Latex and Royal Ontario Museumby HPGraphicArts6,034 views
- 6:31 New HP Designjet L25500 Large Format Printerby HPGraphicArts49,234 views
- 3:04 Heimtextil 2013: HP Latex digital printing solutions for the interior decoration marketby HPGraphicArts1,817 views
- 3:01 Top 10 Things to Know About HP Latex Printingby HPGraphicArts1,333 views
- 2:23 Pushing the Envelope with HP Latexby HPGraphicArts4,717 views
- 3:27 HP Designjet T1500 beta test: Tom Kovac delivers high quality architectural printsby HPGraphicArts742 views
- 2:59 HP Designjet L28500 Printer Tourby HPGraphicArts4,681 views
- 3:29 Printing your ideas with Latex Technology: HP at Viscom Germany 2012 - "Design meets implementation"by HPGraphicArts732 views
- 4:23 EcoPrint 2012: More sustainable print options with HP Latex technologiesby HPGraphicArts722 views
- 2:15 HP at drupa: highlights from drupa 2012's largest digital printing siteby HPGraphicArts3,419 views
- 3:27 HP Designjet decades of innovation | large-format printers of today and tomorrowby HPGraphicArts905 views
- 4:09 Dan's Digital Discoveries (FESPA TV) - HP Latex Vehicle Wrappingby HPGraphicArts682 views
- 1:42 360 Wraps Favorites: HP Latex v. Solventby HPGraphicArts1,348 views
- 4:30 Signage Printing | HP Large Format Printers & NBA All Starsby HPGraphicArts3,996 views