Governor Christie: Please Excuse Peter From School, He Was With Me
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 2, 2012
Garfield Town Hall. May 2, 2012 (Transcript Below)
Peter from Point Pleasant Beach: Peter Schwartz. I understand the bullying law that you passed but I don't understand what to do if a person in authority is bullying me.
Governor Christie: All right. Well, first thing you do-- I'll give you advice, first as a dad, second as Governor, OK? First as a dad, if someone in authority is bullying you, the first thing you do is to go to your parents and tell them, which I'm sure you probably have done. Next is the advice as Governor. Everybody has a boss. Everybody has a boss. And so whoever that person in authority is who's bullying you, you need to go and your parents need to go to that person's boss, and you need to lay out the case as to what's going on, and you need to tell the truth about it. You need to make a stink over it because no one in this state should be subjected to that. It's not right. And so if there's a person in authority who's treating you in that way and we've seen some examples of this unfortunately very recently in Cherry Hill and some other places, where people who are in authority who are entrusted with children every day may be acting in a way that's completely inappropriate, there's no excuse for it. So Peter you need to tell your parents, if they both have to come, maybe one, maybe the other. You decide which one you think is the better arguer, all right, and you take them with you to this person's boss and you lay out the case. And if you don't get any satisfaction from that person then you're going to get one of my guys cards and you're going to send him an email or call him on the phone and tell them how the meeting went and if it turns out at school that this isn't going well, and you don't get satisfaction, then maybe that person will get a call from the Commissioner of Education who is that person's boss and is everybody's boss in the education, the K-to-12 education world. All right? Now Peter is apparently an aspiring reporter because it appears he has a follow-up. Yes Peter, what's your follow-up Peter?
Peter: I kind of need a note for school.
Governor Christie: You need a note for school? All right. Peter, this just says please excuse Peter from school today. He was with me. Good luck, OK? Thank you Peter. And good luck.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:38 Governor Christie and Mayor Booker: Don't Worry, We've Got Thisby GovChristie428,487 views
- 7:21 Governor Christie: This Is Who I Amby GovChristie1,747 views
- 1:36 Governor Christie: This Is A Fight I Really Wantby GovChristie1,870 views
- 4:56 Governor Christie: Democrats Hope You Don't Read The Fine Printby GovChristie8,282 views
- 1:01 Governor Christie: Thank You for Not Being Sickby GovChristie5,229 views
- 1:18 Why does President Obama take so much credit for killing Bin Laden?by v4sa1,134,452 views
- 0:16 Governor Christie: I Have To Rearrange My Sock Drawerby GovChristie1,835 views
- 1:24 Governor Chris Christie: Fighting the Fights Worth Fightingby GovChristie24,849 views
- 1:41:20 An Afternoon with Governor Chris Christieby HarvardEducation7,915 views
- 41:19 President Bill Clinton talks with Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey - CGI America 2013by Clinton Global Initiative22,656 views
- 57:20 Gubernatorial Debate Between Chris Christie & Barbara Buono 10.9.2013 Wayne NJby tokm90817,068 views
- 6:13 Rand Paul Destroys Hillary Clinton Over Benghazi-Gate During Capitol Hill Press Conferenceby Mat Larson225,385 views
- 6:48 Best of Chris Christieby SaltyDog516115,625 views
- 6:00 Chris Christie Gets Into A Shouting Match With An Idiot (FULL EXCHANGE WITH VIDEO)by Chris Christie96,891 views
- 15:01 Chris Christie - Keynote Address at the 2012 Milton Friedman Prize Dinner (Part 1)by Chris Christie2,729 views
- 9:13 Governor Christie Responds To Teacher During Town Hallby GovChristie1,271,273 views
- 2:21 Governor Christie To Hardworking Teacher: I Honor Youby GovChristie2,807 views
- 10:04 Chris Christie - Oprah's Next Chapter (Part 4)by Chris Christie16,270 views
- 6:20 Chris Christie - Teacher Accountabilityby Chris Christie7,471 views
- 9:54 Governor Chris Christie: A Conversation with High School Studentsby GovChristie36,021 views
- Loading more suggestions...