Sesame Fingers by Tarla Dalal
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Nov 3, 2012
Sesame Fingers,most favorite snacks in Chinese cuisine. (Hindi
Video with English Close Caption)
Sesame fingers are one of the most favorite snacks in chinese cuisine. This recipe calls for sliced bread, so if you have leftover bread, this is a delicious way to use them up. Shredded veggies are used as a topping on the bread and then batter-fried. These are then cut into strips and served, hence the name. These fingers make a great snack when your kids get back from school or even as finger food in a party. You can try adding paneer or tofu along with the veggies as a variation, but the sesame seeds are a must, as they add a nice crunchiness to this snack. Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Makes 12 sesame fingers
For The Topping
1/2 cup finely chopped mixed vegetables
(french beans , carrots)
1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions whites
1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum
2 tbsp finely chopped celery
3/4 cup boiled , peeled and grated potatoes
salt to taste
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp chilli powder
4 bread slices
1/2 cup plain flour (maida) dissolved in 3/4 cup water
4 tsp sesame seeds (til)
oil for deep-frying
For the topping
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn translucent.
2. Add the capsicum and celery and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add the mixed vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the potatoes, salt, soya sauce and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
5. Remove from the flame, divide it into 4 equal portions and keep aside to cool.
How to proceed
1. Place 1 bread slice on a flat, dry surface and spread a little prepared topping evenly on the slice and press it lightly.
2. Apply a little prepared plain flour-water mixture prepared mixture evenly over it.
3. Sprinkle 1 tsp of sesame seeds evenly on top.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 3 more such bread slices.
5. Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the bread slices, one at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
6. Cut each slice into 3 equal long strips (fingers) and serve immediately dotted with chilli sauce.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:51 Vegetable Cutlets by Tarla Dalalby TarlaDalalsKitchenFeatured 33,856
- 6:39 Potato Rosti by Tarla Dalalby TarlaDalalsKitchen 13,032 views
- 4:44 Moong Dal Dhokla by Tarla Dalalby TarlaDalalsKitchen 25,101 views
- 7:14 Sprouts Kadhi by Tarla Dalalby TarlaDalalsKitchen 8,146 views
- 5:23 Kothimbir Vadi - Maharastrian snackby VahChef 56,389 views
- 3:47 Paneer Kheer by Tarla Dalalby TarlaDalalsKitchen 6,887 views
- 6:20 Paneer Schezwan Fingers.flvby budbudkotsekotse 787 views
- 8:12 Masterchef Tarla Dalal's Recipes - Stuffed Moong Dal Chilasby masterchefvideos 39,715 views
- 3:42 Veg Daliya Idli - Hindi with Eng Subtitles दलिया इडली (हिंदी में)by maahigupta81 19,154 views
- 6:13 Corn and Rice Balls by Tarla Dalalby TarlaDalalsKitchen 29,231 views
- 5:46 Hakka Noodles by Tarla Dalalby TarlaDalalsKitchen 29,109 views
- 7:57 Masterchef Tarla Dalal's Recipes - Khandviby masterchefvideos 55,402 views
- 8:07 Mini Green Theplas by Tarla Dalalby TarlaDalalsKitchen 40,273 views
- 5:25 Khandvi - Surali Wadi or Suralichi Vadi - Gujarati Cuisineby Bhavna's Kitchen 155,857 views
- 5:07 Sweet Corn Soup by Tarla Dalalby TarlaDalalsKitchen 14,750 views
- 9:24 Ragda Pattice by Tarla Dalalby TarlaDalalsKitchen 24,248 views
- 3:58 Palak Puriby sanjeevkapoorkhazana 13,606 views
- 6:24 Lahori Aloo by Tarla Dalalby TarlaDalalsKitchen 8,384 views
- 4:30 Tomato Garlic Chutney by Tarla Dalalby TarlaDalalsKitchen 32,879 views
- 3:55 Moong Dal and Paneer Chila by Tarla Dalalby TarlaDalalsKitchen 8,821 views
- Loading more suggestions...