Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 7, 2010
Please LIKE if you want to see more Octopus video this summer!
We caught this Octopus in a shrimp trap here in Alaska. It had crawled in through a 3 inch opening and terrorized our catch of spot prawns, killing and eating several of them, and then, attached itself to the bait jar and unscrewed the lid to open for dessert of prepared shrimp bait pellets! We decided to let this brilliant creature go (option was to eat it! ...yum!) as I respected it's intelligence and genius. We set it on the deck and let it "escape" on it's own... Cool fun with a sea creature! Camera used: Canon Vixia HF M31 HD....with a WP-V2 Waterproof Case.
More info about "Octopus Escape!" video:
1) Octopus in video is a Pacific Octopus:
2) Plural for octopus is octopuses or octopodes with octopuses being the accepted form in the US and UK. Octopi is generally not accepted as a pluralization, but when it is, it's second to octopuses.
3) Octopuses can survive out of saltwater from 30-60 minutes or so depending on atmospheric conditions. Moist n humid conditions longer and hot n dry sunshine much less! The octopus in this video was out of water for 5 minutes or so in wet conditions so it was in great shape when it returned on it's own to the sea...
4) Octopus have excellent eyesight* and can taste and smell with their arms (squid have tentacles) using suction cups equipped with chemoreceptors.
5) Music in video is composed by:Tilman Sillescu, Chris William Woods, and Scott P. Schreer.....titled "Take It Outside!" "Music Provided By www.freeplaymusic.com."
6) Comments deemed overly offensive with explicit and foul language won't be approved and the user will be unceremoniously blocked!
*Octopus eyes are so advanced that camera manufacturers have used their eyes as a model to improve the camera lens. Until recently, because of the curve of a camera's lens, the picture often blurred at the edges. To correct this, nicer camera models often contained up to eight lenses, which was both bulky and expensive. Yet by copying the structure of an octopus eye, which has several thin layers of multiple densities to bend and focus light, camera manufacturers were able to create a camera lens that can now produce a clear picture -- and the camera is cheaper to produce as well as smaller!
Standard YouTube License
- 3:21 octopus steals my video camera and swims off with it (while it's Recording)by videos from NZ by Victor HuangFeatured 5,500,473
- 6:26 Clelia eats Bothropsby Joe Furman 17,929,668 views
- 1:00 Foxes Jumping on my Trampolineby Samron 17,865,384 views
- 0:53 The Octopus and the Beer Bottleby margaret104 1,088,136 views
- 1:00 Who is monkey ?by Anders Sjögren 3,228,139 views
- 0:41 Biggest jumping spider EVER!! (Hyllus diardi) maleby tomatitoo 2,416,212 views
- 5:42 Razor Clam Cleaning - A How To with a Special Trick!by AK49BWL 240,768 views
- 1:06 Baby shark attackby Max Cavalera 5,991,965 views
- 0:43 Strange creatures found on beach after Japanese Tsunamiby Benny P 3,900,574 views
- 1:06 1 minute to change chameleon colorby PaprikaCze 5,236,802 views
- 0:47 Giant hermit crab in a huge conch shellby grnshoes1 1,546,511 views
- 1:51 Lion Protecting "Girl"by LaWannaJones 32,843,106 views
- 2:09 Maine Coon & Cockatoo Buddiesby alacali333 130,266 views
- 1:16 Chick hatchingby woodberrydown2007 9,513,653 views
- 0:44 Little Octopus lost it's wayby beansnboos 580,680 views
- 39 videos Play all SQUID vs. OCTOPUSby GrammarMoses
- Octopus 39,792 videos126
- 0:38 giant octopus released back to oceanby q2816 6,025,879 views
- 0:42 HRP-4C Miim's Human-like Walkingby 広報部 産総研 2,154,672 views
- 0:33 Pet Opossum Complainingby Kenneth Jones 665,972 views
- 2:06 Octopus Caught While Kayak Fishingby megapickles 26,774,333 views
- 0:29 Bunny showerby Segaton 4,861,485 views
- Loading more suggestions...