stand back. stevie nicks.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 21, 2010
"Stand Back" is a song by Stevie Nicks from her 1983 album The Wild Heart. It was released as a single on May 19, 1983, and went to number five on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and number two on the U.S. Top Rock Tracks chart. It was a major success, and still receives substantial airplay to this day.
The song has been a staple in Nicks' live shows since its pre-album debut at the US Festival in May 1983, and it has also been included in Fleetwood Mac tour setlists since 1987.
The main intro of the song features an Oberheim OB-Xa synthesizer. The synth-bass is played on a Roland Jupiter 8. On the Rock A little tour, the Oberheim is replaced with a Yamaha DX7. There were two mixes prepared for the song; the generally more well known Album Version (4:48) and the edited Single Version (4:18). Differences between the two are somewhat subtle, but the Single Mix tends to have more of a "collapsed" or "mono" sound to it and the electronic drum programs are mixed, rather dry and flattened, especially in the song's intro bars; whereas the drum tracks on the Album mix are accentuated by a generous amount of reverb effect and harder compression. Acoustic drums were given a more backseat role on Stand Back. There is a further 'polished' version of the track, with crisper percussion and louder foreground synth, featured on Nicks' 1991 best of compilation Timespace, remixed by Chris Lord-Alge, and running at 4:59.
In the UK, the single was given Nicks' first 12-inch release, featuring a different glossy picture sleeve and the inclusion of a third track, "Wild Heart" (album version), whilst a very limited 12-inch extended DJ promo was released on vinyl in the US in 1983, featuring longer instrumental and vocal sections and clocking in at 7:56.
A 12-inch promotional single was also released to US radio stations in 1983, featuring a full-colour sleeve, but playing the standard 4:48 album version (in mono and stereo) on both sides. The wider grooves, however, allowed for a deeper bass sound.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Stand Back" on
- 47 videos Play all YouTube Mix - stand back. stevie nicks.
- 4:49 Stevie Nicks - Stand Back w/ lyricsby respecttheclassics81 Featured 105,108
- 4:47 Fleetwood Mac - Stand Back - Live in 1987by matthewsnicksfan566,527 views
- 4:12 Stevie Nicks - If Anyone Falls (Official Video)by LadyFromTheMountain1324,568 views
- 4:41 Stevie Nicks ~ Stand Back (Solid Gold)by jeffreychristIsAlive392,746 views
- 4:20 Stevie Nicks & Sheryl Crow - Gold Dust Woman - Live in 1999by matthewsnicksfan855,732 views
- 158 videos Play all Fleetwood Mac & Stevie Nicks videosby matthewsnicksfan
- 4:16 Stevie Nicks - I Can't Wait (Official Video)by LadyFromTheMountain1342,418 views
- 4:47 Stevie Nicks - Stand Back, live in 2005by matthewsnicksfan101,866 views
- 7:08 Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks ~ Stand Back 2004by evie1942190,381 views
- 4:19 Stevie Nicks - Talk To Me (Official Video)by LadyFromTheMountain1379,090 views
- 3:52 Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty - Stop Draggin' My Heart Aroundby Ryder2762,452,311 views
- 7:23 Stevie Nicks ~ SARA ~ Live 2008.by evie1942853,636 views
- 4:21 Sheryl Crow & Stevie Nicks "Are You Strong Enough..."by MoreSherylCrow1,489,213 views
- 7:44 Stevie Nicks - Stand back live 1983 with "Elaine"by flamingcrystal99,863 views
- 3:57 Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble (1981)by ElektraMSK1,966,118 views
- 5:09 STEVIE NICKS "NIGHTBIRD" LIVE WITH LORI NICKS 1983by John Seger1,037,366 views
- StevieNicks 14 videos18K
- 9:35 Stevie Nicks interview - September 1983by surfergirlCali453,233 views
- 3:47 Stevie Nicks with Don Henley - Leather And Laceby vwest1ife824,890 views
- 8:01 Stevie Nicks rare 1981 solo "Gold Dust woman" 8 min!!by John Seger545,203 views