stand back. stevie nicks.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 21, 2010
"Stand Back" is a song by Stevie Nicks from her 1983 album The Wild Heart. It was released as a single on May 19, 1983, and went to number five on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and number two on the U.S. Top Rock Tracks chart. It was a major success, and still receives substantial airplay to this day.
The song has been a staple in Nicks' live shows since its pre-album debut at the US Festival in May 1983, and it has also been included in Fleetwood Mac tour setlists since 1987.
The main intro of the song features an Oberheim OB-Xa synthesizer. The synth-bass is played on a Roland Jupiter 8. On the Rock A little tour, the Oberheim is replaced with a Yamaha DX7. There were two mixes prepared for the song; the generally more well known Album Version (4:48) and the edited Single Version (4:18). Differences between the two are somewhat subtle, but the Single Mix tends to have more of a "collapsed" or "mono" sound to it and the electronic drum programs are mixed, rather dry and flattened, especially in the song's intro bars; whereas the drum tracks on the Album mix are accentuated by a generous amount of reverb effect and harder compression. Acoustic drums were given a more backseat role on Stand Back. There is a further 'polished' version of the track, with crisper percussion and louder foreground synth, featured on Nicks' 1991 best of compilation Timespace, remixed by Chris Lord-Alge, and running at 4:59.
In the UK, the single was given Nicks' first 12-inch release, featuring a different glossy picture sleeve and the inclusion of a third track, "Wild Heart" (album version), whilst a very limited 12-inch extended DJ promo was released on vinyl in the US in 1983, featuring longer instrumental and vocal sections and clocking in at 7:56.
A 12-inch promotional single was also released to US radio stations in 1983, featuring a full-colour sleeve, but playing the standard 4:48 album version (in mono and stereo) on both sides. The wider grooves, however, allowed for a deeper bass sound.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Stand Back" on
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 4:56 Stevie Nicks - Stand Back (Music Video)by Barry WrexhamFeatured 695,981
- 9:59 Stevie Nicks - "Gold Dust Woman" [Live In Chicago]by StevieNicks 209,273 views
- 12:27 Stevie Nicks - "Edge Of Seventeen" [Live In Chicago]by StevieNicks 670,069 views
- 4:16 Stevie Nicks - I Can't Wait (Official Video)by LadyFromTheMountain1 192,548 views
- 3:57 Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble (1981)by ElektraMSK 1,636,716 views
- 22 videos Play all Stevie Nicksby garykalliecharan
- 4:59 Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen (Official Video) part 1 of 2by LadyFromTheMountain1 868,560 views
- 7:44 Stevie Nicks - Stand back live 1983 with "Elaine"by flamingcrystal 90,087 views
- 7:23 Stevie Nicks ~ SARA ~ Live 2008.by evie1942 603,518 views
- 5:08 STEVIE NICKS "NIGHTBIRD" LIVE WITH LORI NICKS 1983by John Seger 939,941 views
- 4:23 Stevie Nicks - "Landslide" [Live In Chicago]by StevieNicks 451,644 views
- 4:18 FLEETWOOD MAC GYPSYby evie1942 1,640,034 views
- 9:35 Stevie Nicks interview - September 1983by surfergirlCali 422,470 views
- 4:21 Sheryl Crow & Stevie Nicks "Are You Strong Enough..."by MoreSherylCrow 1,305,167 views
- 5:14 Stevie Nicks - Gypsy Live 1983by flamingcrystal 333,857 views
- 4:16 stevie nicks talk to meby agentlumley 144,277 views
- 3:53 Stevie Nicks - If Anyone Fallsby meandsooz 250,551 views
- 6:32 Fleetwood Mac Rhiannon Live 1976 Stevie Nicksby John Seger 1,781,495 views
- 3:47 Stevie Nicks with Don Henley - Leather And Laceby vwest1ife 734,254 views
- 8:07 Stevie Nicks - Rhiannon 1981 Liveby meandsooz 1,058,898 views
- 9:50 Stevie Nicks Interview (BBC Breakfast 2011)by LadyFromTheMountain1 112,191 views
- Loading more suggestions...